John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

P rated as in passenger instead of light truck. For example P265/70/17 vs LT265/70/17.
You forget how heavy the Bronco is. A quick search at tire rack and an LT gives you 500# more per tire load rating, that's a full ton, plus 3/32" deeper tread for the 2 I looked at
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You forget how heavy the Bronco is. A quick search at tire rack and an LT gives you 500# more per tire load rating, that's a full ton, plus 3/32" deeper tread for the 2 I looked at
How does that have any relation to your speed rating comment?

I have P rated tires on mine. They are neither capped at 93 mph or too low rated for the weight. A 112 mph speed rating and 2833lb weight rating are both beyond any Bronco's limits.

PXL_20220710_020406723.jpg

PXL_20220710_020357769.jpg

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had several folks talk to me about how my bronco must have been pretty expensive. Don't know why but it seems people think these are $60k+ and when I tell them mine was mid $30k's they are shocked.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No

I have P rated tires on mine. They are neither capped at 93 mph or too low rated for the weight. A 112 mph speed rating and 2833lb weight rating are both beyond any Bronco's limits.

PXL_20220710_020406723.jpg

PXL_20220710_020357769.jpg
No, you have p-metric tires, the beginning P is not speed rating but indicates a tire for traditional passenger cars, not trucks or suvs

Your speed rating is S.

Now go back to the 3 vehicle comparison where the Land Rover with P tires blew the same tire out in the boonies yet the Bronco and Wrangler managed just fine.

I may never get off road but don't you think passenger tires on a truck would be a liability in Moab?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had several folks talk to me about how my bronco must have been pretty expensive. Don't know why but it seems people think these are $60k+ and when I tell them mine was mid $30k's they are shocked.
What they see is what is advertised by dealers. $40k ADM makes a $53k Bronco very pricey. Makes a Defender at MSRP look affordable

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No
No, you have p-metric tires, the beginning P is not speed rating but indicates a tire for traditional passenger cars, not trucks or suvs

Your speed rating is S.

Now go back to the 3 vehicle comparison where the Land Rover with P tires blew the same tire out in the boonies yet the Bronco and Wrangler managed just fine.

I may never get off road but don't you think passenger tires on a truck would be a liability in Moab?
You're catching on, you just took a weird path to get there.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base

And they will likely go flat the first time you run over a cactus spine, or a twig. Or a screw, or nail, or roofing staple, sharp rock...

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been thinking it is because people think they have to have Sas and loaded. Most people pay for things they will never use.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And they will likely go flat the first time you run over a cactus spine, or a twig. Or a screw, or nail, or roofing staple, sharp rock...
These are my street set, they'll fare the same as all the other normie tires on normie cars.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it was just as much the problem that it was a low profile tire on a 20" rim on the Land Rover is why the tire blew.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Found my father's old window sticker for his 1989 Ford Bronco XLT about a year ago—was hoping I could find his old spare wheel cover.

$18,500
I still have the window sticker for my dad's Chevy. A little newer but he got as cheap a car as he could.

---

The price companies are asking for Bronco accessories is what blows me away. I have become numb to vehicle costs.
I was interested in those SECA (sema?) mirror glass replacements because the Bronco has some annoying blind spots but Jesus, $190 for two pieces of glass?

---

In my eyes, the Bronco is overpriced. You're missing a ton of features that would be available on any other Ford in the 50k price range, including features that the car theoretically already has the equipment for.

Meanwhile, the Bronco is mostly just an offroady-shaped Ranger with the only major unique part (sway bar disconnect) restricted to a single trim.

Manual seats on 2-door is understandable because of the rear seat access. The underwhelming instrument cluster compared to any other 50k Ford can be blamed on covid. $2,200 for leather is excessive. Lack of cooled seats is also understandable, since that would require perforated leather

The lack of power-adjustable petals is less understandable. You could get that on a midlevel Explorer 20 years ago.

The lack of lane-centering and stop-and-go is outright illogical given all the hardware is present with Lux. If a Maverick and Sport can get lane-centering, why not Bronco?

Yeah yeah "it's an offroader don't need them nanny systems", fantastic, you can turn them off. Why not offer them for those of us who mostly drive on streets and prefer having modern features comparable to other vehicles?

Ford Bronco Everyone Thinks the Bronco Pricey ws

Last edited:

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea I get the expensive comment all the time. And a lot more people have been to dealerships and see the prices on these. When I first drove it to work I pulled up and the building was on break. When I was in my truck sorting it out a partimer was like hey man you didn't really pay over 100 grand for that. I laughed and said no fu&$@ing way. I paid all in 45 he was like so and so said he just saw one on mecam auction for like 125,000 and online they were selling for 90 to 130. I said yea there are people and dealers trying to get that for them. I ordered early and got everything in writing.