Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have two complaints, and I don't even have mine yet:
1 - P rated instead of LT rated tires.
2 - Firestones (Bridgestone) and those bastards still owe me a set of tires from 1998.
With a 101 mph limiter a P rated tire (93 mph) would be a dangerous thing
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a 101 mph limiter a P rated tire (93 mph) would be a dangerous thing
P rated as in passenger instead of light truck. For example P265/70/17 vs LT265/70/17.

el_june

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first purchase was a base ford Ranger at Lemon Grove Ford back in 1989. I paid, if I remember correctly, $7995…..

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When everything on lots starts at 80k after adm you'll get that. I got mine shortly after getting a promotion so people think I'm rich.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD was around $49k out the door, and it’s not even a high model/SAS. No doubt it’s the most expensive out of anything in its class (4Runner, Wrangler)

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even with the SUV and truck craze of the last decade, the Civic and Camry continue to be in the top 10 of vehicles sold every year (with the Corolla usually a spot or two behind), and the further back you go, the more those smaller (and cheaper) vehicles sold; and many of them are still on the roads today.

My point being, with the usual caveat that you aren't a "car person" necessarily, I just think many people are used to paying around 20kish for a vehicle that gets them from point A to point B. Paying over 30k for a vehicle seems a little bonkers to lots of folks.

It's just different perspectives.

Reactions: Jdc

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quite frankly, I'm shocked at the value of the Bronco.
I'm relatively young and extremely debt-averse, and a tightwad engineer penny-pincher.

But considering the capabilities I'm getting for a Big Bend, add in that I'm slapping Badlands takeoff wheels & KO2's on the day it gets here and Katzkins leather probably the 1st week, maybe speakers in the first month orso, and for less than $44k I'll have a stupidly-capable vehicle with pretty much all the luxury I'd need, and none of the up-charges I didn't care about.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quite frankly, I'm shocked at the value of the Bronco.
I'm relatively young and extremely debt-averse, and a tightwad engineer penny-pincher.

But considering the capabilities I'm getting for a Big Bend, add in that I'm slapping Badlands takeoff wheels & KO2's on the day it gets here and Katzkins leather probably the 1st week, maybe speakers in the first month orso, and for less than $44k I'll have a stupidly-capable vehicle with pretty much all the luxury I'd need, and none of the up-charges I didn't care about.
Surprised you didn’t consider a 4Runner as you could get a pretty spec’d out one for that price

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Surprised you didn’t consider a 4Runner as you could get a pretty spec’d out one for that price
I did!

A 4Runner has been my backup plan since initial reservation banks opened. My '05 Tundra is on its last legs, and if it would have gone kaput I would have sprinted to a T4R and been done with this whole thing.

The Bronco just scratches me everywhere I itch though.

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can’t drop the top on a 4Runner. No good looking lady is going to hop out of her land rover run over in the rain ask you how you like it and ask to sit in it. Yeah that happened to me yesterday at the grocery. Don’t see that happening to me in anything but my Bronco.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can’t drop the top on a 4Runner. No good looking lady is going to hop out of her land rover run over in the rain ask you how you like it and ask to sit in it. Yeah that happened to me yesterday at the grocery. Don’t see that happening to me in anything but my Bronco.
No one’s doubting the mall-ability of the Bronco, which will undoubtedly be unmatched for the next few months! Had the same thing happen to me at Costco except it was a GWagon, 2 instead of 1, and they did not ask to sit in it🤣

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Bronco will be about $18K less than the stupid Explorer that my Dad just bought.

Still, at $30k for the Bronco, Ford could have put decent tires on it.
Seriously!!! The “retro” tires were a slap in the face!!!

First thing I changed!

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously!!! The “retro” tires were a slap in the face!!!
Retro tires would have been 31x10.5 Grabbers, which would have been a massive improvement over the mini-van tires the Base ships with.