Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely. It wouldn't even approach the underside without it. I suppose I was looking for an easier method with the bottle jack, however, I do suppose I could place the wood blocks under the scissor jack... seemed a bit on the wobbly side though. Don't trust it as much as the bottle jack... and that's a stretch...

I wouldn't use those pieces of wood for anything important. Look like they'll split into a lot of pieces along every grain. Get at least a 4X4 solid block.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the same leak. Now I stow my bottle jack upright in a .50 cal can ratcheted to the tie downs.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly carry a floor jack at all times. Coming from the Raptor world where flats are frequent (must be hitting all those rocks at 100 mph), I always carry a floor jack and impact wrench.

Sponsored

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What max lift height do you need on a floor jack to change a SAS tire?

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I gave in and bought the ARB hydraulic jack. After decades of using a farm jack, I just don’t trust my hand strength anymore. The ARB was expensive but still cheaper than new teeth or a dented panel.

530D093C-464D-4FB5-A3F2-0E438D8117F3.jpeg

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave in and bought the ARB hydraulic jack. After decades of using a farm jack, I just don’t trust my hand strength anymore. The ARB was expensive but still cheaper than new teeth or a dented panel.

Ford Bronco Factory jack won't lift Bronco. ***Correction - IT WILL !*** 530D093C-464D-4FB5-A3F2-0E438D8117F3
how do you store the ARB on/in the bronco?

the ford mount is horizontal although ARB says not to store in horizontal orientation

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a '23 Badlands SAS, took delivery in JAN '23 and wanted to install some front mudflaps right away. Would have loved to simply remove the front tires for an easier install, however, quickly realized that the factory supplied jack wouldn't lift enough to remove them. Yes, I was attempting to lift 1 side at a time at the Ford recommended jack location. No, I do not have a lift, everything is factory. This was on my flat and level concrete driveway. No, I do not own a floor jack nor would I expect to carry it around for emergency situations. It would lift ALMOST enough off the ground but maxed out before the rubber left the ground. I was super disappointed. Is it possible that Ford decided to include the same jack for every model with no regard for vehicle height?

I since decided to purchase a bottle jack to replace the factory supplied scissor lift. I went with a Husky from Home Depot. Specifically, this one since it just barely squeezes in the factory location and has just enough lift to get the job done in the rear, and enough to get the job done in the front with the assistance of a couple of pieces of 2x4 to place under the jack. Yes, risky, however, better than nothing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-6-Ton-Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack-HPL6B/308174827

After ~6 months of driving I went to check on the jack and sure enough, it had leaked about 1/8 teaspoon of hydraulic fluid. Never did I suspect this would work storing it horizontally, this was just a test. It failed, and I'm back to square one.

Apologies for not having pics of the failed attempt using the factory scissor lift, however, I was just so frustrated at the time!

Has anyone experienced the same, and has anyone developed a better solution?

Ford Bronco Factory jack won't lift Bronco. ***Correction - IT WILL !*** 530D093C-464D-4FB5-A3F2-0E438D8117F3

I'd recommend using 3/4 " plywood..maybe 2 or 3 layers glued or screwed together for a base..a bit bigger than base of jack. Pine boards will split.
Bottle jacks..especially cheap Chinese ones will leak if laid down.
Also jacking from axle perch or front lower control arm will work.
Good luck. I need to check out my jack . Might be a POS like most vehicle Jack's.
Paul

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I honestly carry a floor jack at all times. Coming from the Raptor world where flats are frequent (must be hitting all those rocks at 100 mph), I always carry a floor jack and impact wrench.
Any road trip I take the Milwaukee 18 volt impact goes with me, A nice lighter weight 4x4 aluminum floor jack as well

16885746634122379025862880471747.jpg

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PS in case anyone's interested. That's the apparatus I made to single-handedly load a canoe or small boat on top of my vehicles

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would anyone use a scissors jack?

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
how do you store the ARB on/in the bronco?

the ford mount is horizontal although ARB says not to store in horizontal orientation
I usually only take it with when I’m on the trail and airing up/ down. However, it’s in the back of my Bronco now, in its storage bag standing upright cam-strapped to the rear pillar. I wouldn’t trust storing it outside of the vehicle. I’ve already used it a few times - practicing on my my truck, lifting my boat trailer to drain the bilge and lifting a buddy’s truck for a wheel change. I’m gonna give it the “highly recommend” for safety and ease of use.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually only take it with when I’m on the trail and airing up/ down. However, it’s in the back of my Bronco now, in its storage bag standing upright cam-strapped to the rear pillar. I wouldn’t trust storing it outside of the vehicle. I’ve already used it a few times - practicing on my my truck, lifting my boat trailer to drain the bilge and lifting a buddy’s truck for a wheel change. I’m gonna give it the “highly recommend” for safety and ease of use.
Mind posting some pictures of it mounted in your Bronco when you have a second?

Thanks.
Sponsored