Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well yesterday a few of us went out to run some trails. I took my steps off before I left. Today when I went to reinstall them, the passenger side is bent from about mid door to the front wheel. I can't get the step on. Any idea on how to bend it back down? I am thinking taken it off and trying to straighten it out. Any better ideas. Yes I need the step, I have an older neighbor that rides with me, and he needs it.

Are there any aftermarket rock rails that have removable steps that might be better?
Ford Bronco Factory rock rails with removable step bent IMG_6210.JPG
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have the optional hoop step? You can try bending the rail. But you may have to opt for the OEM rock rails and buy a removable step like the IAG v2 step.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is one piece IAG. See if clamps will straddle the bend. Zoom in and you can see them. There are lots of OEM rails for sale online as another option

IMG_5633.jpeg

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is one piece IAG. See if clamps will straddle the bend. Zoom in and you can see them. There are lots of OEM rails for sale online as another option

IMG_5633.jpeg
I have this rank love them too.

IMG_7434.jpeg

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might be one of the brackets that bent, not the rail itself. You may need to take them off and check the brackets.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like u need the factory rock rails then get steps to take on/off of those. You can find the rock rails cheap/easy on Facebook marketplace at this point.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Straightening them on the vehicle is a very bad idea. You can damage the mounting holes, the bolts, the vehicle mounting location, and potentially the rocker panel and weld crimp.

Without taking them off, you wouldn't even know if those areas are already damaged.

If it's just a tab bend, not at the weld, a 5lb hammer and an anvil (or steel plate on a 4x4) would probably do the trick.

If the length is bent, you can take them to a body shop, fabricator or local high school auto shop where they have the right type of equipment to straighten steel. Just hammer whacking and force bending will look like crap and never look straight again.

Or just go buy a new one - which may be the quickest and cheapest route of all.

And if you don't like what you have go buy a new set. Do a search on the site; there a many, many style examples mounted on Broncos you can evaluate for your needs.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well yesterday a few of us went out to run some trails. I took my steps off before I left. Today when I went to reinstall them, the passenger side is bent from about mid door to the front wheel. I can't get the step on. Any idea on how to bend it back down? I am thinking taken it off and trying to straighten it out. Any better ideas. Yes I need the step, I have an older neighbor that rides with me, and he needs it.

Are there any aftermarket rock rails that have removable steps that might be better?
IMG_6210.JPG
Is that the factory OEM “Removable Hoop Step” ?
They’re not designed to take stand up to hardcore use.
I replaced mine with factory “Standard Rock Rails” and IAG removable steps.

Ford Bronco Factory rock rails with removable step bent IMG_1404

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that the factory OEM “Removable Hoop Step” ?
They’re not designed to take stand up to hardcore use.
I replaced mine with factory “Standard Rock Rails” and IAG removable steps.

Yup I have a video of where I think it happened. The passenger side front tire came off the rock and bam it hit hard.

I am looking at the IAG steps and factory rails, also IAG has a rock rail like the factory ones, I am going to see it their steps will fit on them.

Thanks

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Are these the optional OEM hoop steps?

If so, they are not designed to hold the weight of the vehicle. (See the third bullet in the description below)

I‘d get the actual rock rails and some aftermarket removable steps.

IMG_0909.png
Sponsored