First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that folks are actually receiving their Broncos, can we confirm who is providing the rubber on the non SAS builds?

I'm still pissed off at Bridgestone/Firestone. Those guys are scum and still owe me a set of tires from the Wilderness AT/HT debacle. They litterally sepparated the tread from the steel belts with under 800 miles.

If so, do I am have the dealer change the tires before I drive it home, or go straight to Discount Tire.
Sponsored

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a conversation with my dealer who essentially said the tires in their shop would be way more expensive. He said discount tire.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer has a low price guarantee. I was under the impression it was Ford, not my dealer individually, that has the guarantee. Guess not.

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that folks are actually receiving their Broncos, can we confirm who is providing the rubber on the non SAS builds?

I'm still pissed off at Bridgestone/Firestone. Those guys are scum and still owe me a set of tires from the Wilderness AT/HT debacle. They litterally sepparated the tread from the steel belts with under 800 miles.

If so, do I am have the dealer change the tires before I drive it home, or go straight to Discount Tire.
There is something I can assure you about Bronco or any Ford vehicle. You will EVER find on any Ford vehicle a Firestone tire since 2001.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had a conversation with my dealer who essentially said the tires in their shop would be way more expensive. He said discount tire.
Sounds like whoever you spoke to at the dealer was clueless.

Your local Ford dealer should be able to be VERY competitive on tires unless they just don’t want to. Ford offers 16 major brands of tires with a low price guarantee that will match or beat competitor’s prices for up to 30 days after the sale. This includes most online ads with the caveat that they will add for shipping to online quotes. Ford will literally pay your dealer the difference even to sell you the tires at a loss if you find the same exact tire somewhere for less with a legitimate ad or quote.

Additionally now through September 30th they are offering up to a $100 rebate or up to 31,000 (approx $150 worth) Ford Pass Rewards points with a set of tires depending on which brand you choose..

https://www.quicklane.com/en-us/tires/find-the-right-tire/

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is something I can assure you about Bronco or any Ford vehicle. You will EVER find on any Ford vehicle a Firestone tire since 2001.
Sorry, I just checked the Bronco tire chart, not a single Firestone listed.

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like whoever you spoke to at the dealer was clueless.

Your local Ford dealer should be able to be VERY competitive on tires unless they just don’t want to. Ford offers 16 major brands of tires with a low price guarantee that will match or beat competitor’s prices for up to 30 days after the sale. This includes most online ads with the caveat that they will add for shipping to online quotes. Ford will literally pay your dealer the difference even to sell you the tires at a loss if you find the same exact tire somewhere for less with a legitimate ad or quote.

Additionally now through September 30th they are offering up to a $100 rebate or up to 31,000 (approx $150 worth) Ford Pass Rewards points with a set of tires depending on which brand you choose..

https://www.quicklane.com/en-us/tires/find-the-right-tire/
Great info. Thanks.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, I just checked the Bronco tire chart, not a single Firestone listed.
Exactly, that's my point. Since the tire issue with the Explorer back in 1999, Ford is not going to use Firestone on their production vehicle for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just had my dealer install Michelin Defenders on our Transit for under matching price + 30k points + $100 off for Silver maintenance package. Couldn’t be happier. Plus I had them install Timbren Suspension Enhancement System in the rear axle and I’m pissed I bought OEM Continentals the last round…no longer tracks like a roller skate.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly, that's my point. Since the tire issue with the Explorer back in 1999, Ford is not going to use Firestone on their production vehicle for the foreseeable future.
Bridgestone is the same. And Ford did an amazing job blaming others.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bridgestone is the same. And Ford did an amazing job blaming others.
I'm not going to entry on that controversy. The fact is that you won't find any Firestone/Bridgestone tire on any Ford vehicle.

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you search? Several of charts for builds and stock tires.
Yes. I am asking, now that we have actual deliveries, are the previously released charts saying Bridgestone correct?

The chart from last year says:

Base:
P255/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler H/T 685 (All-Season A/S Tires)

What Ford says they plan to do and what they actually do hasn't exactly been the same now has it?

Bridgestone = Firestone. They are hiding behind the Bridgestone name hoppign people forget they are the same company.

And the Firestones were clearly defective. Mine separated/delaminated at 780 miles on the odometer. Firestone basically said "F you", Ford Dealer (who is now out of business) said take it up with Firestone. They eventually recalled the Wilderness AT, but never did anything for folks with the Wilderness HT, which was the same tire with a different tread pattern.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they will change them for MY22. Otherwise sounds like I am hitting up Tire Pros or DIscount first thing.
Sponsored

Last edited: