Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe someone can provide some insight on this. I'm considering going to a 35x11.5 on a stock sas, but the overall diameter doesn't jive with the revs per mile. Also noticed the tread depth is shallower on that particular tire.

I think the slightly narrower tire would be good for dragging the sleds up to the trails in the winter, That said, I'm not sure id want to sacrifice 1/32 depth to save 7lbs

at4w.png
Personally, I never trust just a single source for data. I'd see what tire rack and discount tire have for specs. Tiresize.com shows different data as well. https://tiresize.com/comparison. The Tiresize is generic. But yes, the revs per miles makes no sense to me either. How can a taller tire have more revs per mile?
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How did you get these tires already? Where are you located, state?
Looks like there are a few set s available if you are still interested! Not sure how long they will hang around though!

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, both Falken and BFG screwed this up big time. Took an already very robust and relatively reasonably weighing tire and added 10 lbs to it. This makes them unsuitable for those of us that spend 90% of their time on the road but want a fairly robust tire for the weekend and occasional multi day off-road trip. I guess my next tires will be neither BFG nor Falken, unless BFG continues making the KO2s.
It's hard to fathom the best engineering update they could come up with for both tires was make them as heavy as the heaviest tires in the class. I am a HUGE advocate of the AT3w. It's the best all terrain for almost all applications. I sold literally hundreds of sets... Now I struggle to recommend the AT4w just on weight alone. I think it's a good tire overall, and would put them on a truck in an instant... But I don't want that "extra" weight on my Jeep or Bronco.

I think I'm going to try the Kanati Overland RTX and my Jeep will need a new set of 35's this year. They have a LR-C in 35x12.5R17 and it's reported at 59lbs, just a couple pounds heavier than the Goodyears. But it has larger tread voids and is more aggressive looking although a similar tread pattern to the Goodyears. The challenge is their distribution, not every tire shop sells them.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just had DT install Baja Boss AT's yesterday on my Bronco. They were installing a set of AT4's, 35 X 17's on another truck so I had a chance to look at them. Glad I went with MT's.
It's hard to fathom the best engineering update they could come up with for both tires was make them as heavy as the heaviest tires in the class. I am a HUGE advocate of the AT3w. It's the best all terrain for almost all applications. I sold literally hundreds of sets... Now I struggle to recommend the AT4w just on weight alone. I think it's a good tire overall, and would put them on a truck in an instant... But I don't want that "extra" weight on my Jeep or Bronco.

I think I'm going to try the Kanati Overland RTX and my Jeep will need a new set of 35's this year. They have a LR-C in 35x12.5R17 and it's reported at 59lbs, just a couple pounds heavier than the Goodyears. But it has larger tread voids and is more aggressive looking although a similar tread pattern to the Goodyears. The challenge is their distribution, not every tire shop sells them.
Yeah, looked at a set that was to be mounted on a 3/4 ton diesel when I was having my Baja Boss AT's installed. Probably best for an application such as that. Bronco, not so much.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just had DT install Baja Boss AT's yesterday on my Bronco. They were installing a set of AT4's, 35 X 17's on another truck so I had a chance to look at them. Glad I went with MT's.

Yeah, looked at a set that was to be mounted on a 3/4 ton diesel when I was having my Baja Boss AT's installed. Probably best for an application such as that. Bronco, not so much.
Can you post pics of the new tires and what size?

@Pressurized are baja boss at’s being discontinued or replaced in 315/70/17s and 35x12.50 r17? Tirerack says discontinued and MTs website has a couple different notes.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Pressurized are baja boss at’s being discontinued or replaced in 315/70/17s and 35x12.50 r17? Tirerack says discontinued and MTs website has a couple different notes.
Yes sir, 35X12.5R 17.........but I see there are now 2 35's with different part numbers (and weight??). I will need to look and see which ones I have.

*To make our tires more accessible globally, international marks/certifications have been added to select SKUs.
Per internal standards, these changes require that the sizes each be assigned a new materials number, product code & UPC code, hence the duplicate sizing. No physical changes have been made to these products with the exception of international compliance markings.

** Being phased out; replacement available

Ford Bronco Falken launches Falken Wildpeak A/T4W all-terrain tires IMG_8054.JPG

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As a side note, DT said they had over 130 in the SLC warehouse.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been waiting on people comparisons and reviews.
The biggest thing holding me back is the weight, which then pushes me to get the Method rims to help offset the heavy load - but even then.

I get they are going for the truck market, but this males buying these no longer the slam dunk that the 3s were.

I'm kind of locked up, and hoping the new KO4s are better in rain and snow, then thr KO2s
Sponsored