Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Falken just launched the A/T4W... replacing the A/T3W.

Lots of good sizes available, some that caught my eye:
  • 285/75R17 (34s) - C load rating
  • 285/75R17 (34s) - E load rating
  • 315/70R17 (35s) - C load rating
  • 35x11.5R17 - C load rating
  • 35x12.5R17 - E load rating
  • 37x12.5R17 - E load rating
The 35x11.5R17 in particular should make a really good factory upgrade for a non-Sasquatch Bronco owner who doesn't necessarily wants to buy new wheels. The only other brand off the top of my head that makes a tire in the same size is Toyo with the Open Country A/T III.

Honestly I'm a BFG person, so I'm inclined to lean towards the KO2 (or KO3) once my factory tires wear out. But definitely adding this to the list for consideration.

As a follow-up to its best-selling product, the Wildpeak A/T3W, Falken Tires, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries of Japan, has officially launched its newest all-terrain tire offering: the Wildpeak A/T4W.

From backcountry trails to the open road, the all-new Wildpeak A/T4W is built to help drivers tackle any terrain. Featuring the industry’s 3PMSF symbol for severe snow conditions, the A/T4W was engineered to perform in harsh winter conditions, with full-depth sipes providing traction for the life of the tire.

“After the incredible success of the Wildpeak A/T3W, we had our work cut out for us to ensure the A/T4W could deliver upon expectations,” said Rick Brennan, Falken’s Vice President of Strategic Planning. “After years of development, we’re eager and proud to introduce the Wildpeak A/T4W to our customers. With a longer mileage warranty and improved towing capability, we’re confident we’ve taken our best-selling tire and made it even better.”

Featuring staggered shoulder blocks, and proprietary 3-ply DURASPEC Sidewall Technology on select sizes, the A/T4W provides all-terrain confidence and rugged durability. Incorporating Falken’s proprietary DURASPEC Three Ply Sidewall technology ensures the Wildpeak A/T4W can withstand extreme off-road conditions, similar to the brand’s Wildpeak R/T and Wildpeak M/T tires. Select sizes of the Wildpeak A/T4W feature Falken’s DURASPEC 3-ply sidewall construction, while all other sizes utilize a two high-ply turn-up construction to provide an added layer of protection.
Source: https://www.falkentire.com/community/wildpeak-at4w-announcement
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sweet been running at3w’s for years the stock duratracs on my superduty tremor are almost done so I’ll be picking up a set of these new at4w’s probably in a few months

Rhyno78

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford fusion, 2017 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happy to see this. I've installed the ready lift 1.25" front level kit on my non-sas 22 Big Bend. Waiting for the stock tires to wear out. I really wanted the 35x11.50r17 size but was ready to compromise on 285/75r17 Cooper's since there really wasn't another option than the Toyo's in the 35's. And I wasn't going to jump to the the 315/70's on the stock wheel. Now I'll be grabbing a set of these when they get released.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wondering when DT will start getting these.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I'm a BFG person, so I'm inclined to lean towards the KO2 (or KO3) once my factory tires wear out. But definitely adding this to the list for consideration.
Personally, I’ve found the AT3W to excel in the wet, cold, and daily driving scenarios… they wear far better too. The KO2 seems to perform better at speed on loose terrain however, makes sense being the Baja Tire and all… Def add Falkens to the list, I don’t think I’ll be swapping out of them any time soon

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nitto also makes their Ridge Grappler in a 35x11.5R17, but it is an E load tire. I'm psyched for this because I was looking to buy a set of A/T3W's in the 35x11.5 size because I don't wanna spend a good chunk of change to upgrade both wheels and tires to fit a 35x12.5.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I should be receiving my HE in 2-3 weeks and the plan is to head to DT to replace the Goodyears directly from the dealership. Still deciding on Falken or Baja Boss.

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Falken just launched the A/T4W... replacing the A/T3W.

The 35x11.5R17 in particular should make a really good factory upgrade for a non-Sasquatch Bronco owner who doesn't necessarily wants to buy new wheels. The only other brand off the top of my head that makes a tire in the same size is Toyo with the Open Country A/T III.

Source: https://www.falkentire.com/community/wildpeak-at4w-announcement
I've been watching this in 35x11.5 on DT for a few days. Still says coming soon.

Some other 35x11.5x17 options:
Wildpeak R/T01 - I was planning for this, but A/T4W looks good
Nitto Recon Grappler
Nitto Ridge Grappler
Nitto Trail Grappler

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

woah. 67# for 285/75/17

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

woah. 67# for 285/75/17
Yeah, 35's are 78#. I wonder why they are so much heavier than the 3's?

Edit, nevermind, sidewalls.............

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nitto also makes their Ridge Grappler in a 35x11.5R17, but it is an E load tire. I'm psyched for this because I was looking to buy a set of A/T3W's in the 35x11.5 size because I don't wanna spend a good chunk of change to upgrade both wheels and tires to fit a 35x12.5.
Ah yeah… forgot about Nitto—though I guess Nitto and Toyo are one and the same, just different brands within the same company.

My problem with Nittos is all of the sizes I want are E rated, and on the more popular tires there seems to be a “Nitto tax” attached to them. Nitto has done a good job with their advertising strategy, which seems to afford them the ability to charge higher. Not all the time, but hard to find Nittos for a good price.

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, 35's are 78#. I wonder why they are so much heavier than the 3's?

Edit, nevermind, sidewalls.............
That won't be fun. I went from the Territories at what, 55lb?, to RAZRs at 79.7 and I feel like I lost 100hp.
Sponsored