Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That won't be fun. I went from the Territories at what, 55lb?, to RAZRs at 79.7 and I feel like I lost 100hp.
Yeah... you can tell Goodyear really focused on fuel economy with the Territories.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised cause I think the Territory MTs were specifically designed to be factory/OEM tires, and obviously vehicle manufacturers need to hit their fuel economy targets. But it is kinda crazy how their 35s are lighter than many 33s out on the market.
Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

not really impressed, I need a more aggressive tread. Something that'll go through deep snow and mud better than the K03's

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So not a snow (3 peak) tire?
The A/T4W is a 3-Peak tire.

The other tire they launched recently that a lot of people were interested in... the Wildpeak R/T... is not 3-Peak tire unfortunately. (Otherwise I would have already bought it.)

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m probably mistaken but I thought I remembered a statement claiming these would be somewhat lighter in weight when released. Seems the entire line is noticeably heavier, at least in the 17’s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... you can tell Goodyear really focused on fuel economy with the Territories.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised cause I think the Territory MTs were specifically designed to be factory/OEM tires, and obviously vehicle manufacturers need to hit their fuel economy targets. But it is kinda crazy how their 35s are lighter than many 33s out on the market.
I'm 33,000 miles in, the MTs have had one puncture in the tread, and stopped throwing stones at 10K miles. They have given me pretty good grip, and decent performance in snow. I'm honestly inclined to just keep buying takeoffs and pickup a set of wheels even lighter than sasquatch. I can't believe how many people are throwing these things away for weekender duties. If I was doing multi-day off grid overlanding, I'd consider something more rugged.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The A/T4W is a 3-Peak tire.

The other tire they launched recently that a lot of people were interested in... the Wildpeak R/T... is not 3-Peak tire unfortunately. (Otherwise I would have already bought it.)
Not sure how I missed it.

Featuring the industry’s 3PMSF symbol for severe snow conditions, the A/T4W was engineered to perform in harsh winter conditions, with full-depth sipes providing traction for the life of the tire.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has one of our spreadsheet gurus set up a table comparing tires? Even if just Squatch sizes. I think load ratings and weight would be interesting. And snow rating, because I apparently can't decipher this morning...

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SAS 315's, they seem to be heaver than the MT Boss AT's though.
The 315/70R 17 Falken AT4W is currently on back order, but has production scheduled. My Falken rep is telling me 60 days out. Our website shows that tire weighing in at 75.7 lbs.

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 315/70R 17 Falken AT4W is currently on back order, but has production scheduled. My Falken rep is telling me 60 days out. Our website shows that tire weighing in at 75.7 lbs.
How about availability of the 37x12.5-17's? Shows not in stock, when loking on the website. Thanks!

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How about availability of the 37x12.5-17's? Shows not in stock, when loking on the website. Thanks!
We do have a part number assigned to that particular size, but there is no production at this time. I tried to nail down a production date, but none was given. Hopefully soon! :)

Reactions: lni

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
blink blink.....that's a heavy tire,,,

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
blink blink.....that's a heavy tire,,,
The 3 ply Duraspec sidewall is heavier, but offers an extra level protection in off road situations.

MRBOHN23

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered a Bronco with badlands,sasquatch, lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are great tires but what would push me away is how heavy they are. Just a lot more rotating weight to stress bearings etc. What are all of your thoughts on that?
Sponsored