Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cast my vote for 2.7 low end no squatch. Currently thinking my best course of action is a stock Big Bend, V6/Auto, Mid Package and throwing some 33s on it ASAP.

I've also considered a stock OBX in order to have access to the High Package and whatever the hell the high-level instrument panel is, but, then I'd have to purchase wheels, tires, and fender flares for it. So, that's a no-go.
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm bouncing between OBX SAS lux, or Wildtrak lux. 2.7, 4a-Tcase..ect both are very close at 59k or so. Just trying to decide roast/black or sandstone/black as I like both a lot. Ready to order next week with a first day reservation.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3 tuned will put out 320 horsepower and 355 lb-ft of torque total. Tons of fun to be had with a manual. I would rather have a manual with 2.3, than auto with 2.7, even though 2.7 would be more performance oriented.

No wrong answer here, but the misconception that the 2.3 is less-than is just not the case.
i have owned quite a few cars of all speeds and sizes and I can tell you one thing... I cannot wait to drive my 2.3 2 door manual base off that lot. Between the weight savings, the better gearing, the granny gear, and the price, I feel like there’s gonna be some magic in this car.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a unicorn with BL 2.3 Auto. For me, it offers somewhat lower weight, ability to order roof rails, remote start and with 4.70 gears it will be absolutely no hinderance off road with the 33” tires. My 190HP I6 in my Jeep LJ (6speed) with 32” MT and 3.73 gears was solid, the 2.3l with a 10sp and 4.70s will be too I ? BTW my household currently has a a F150 2.7 10sp 3.55 gears and Ranger 2.3 3.73 gears. The F150 is 2.7 is fantastic, but the gap between the two on the street is not as dramatic as I expected. Off road neither has had any issue related to power. Both motors are excellent.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm

seems like based on some more voting that people have rejected the 2.3 almost whole sale.

do not blame them. Feel bad if this impacts fords decision in the future to make manual V8 or v6

I suggest people who want these things tell their dealers so they can tell ford there is demand
I don't think the people have rejected the 2.3 wholesale. I just think the vocal minority on this forum have wholesale rejected it. That's fine, but the 2.3 with 270hp is not a lawnmower engine and the $1895 6 banger only has 40hp more, (at $47/hp). Even so, everyone has their choice to make. I just wouldn't say the 2.3 has been rejected by everyone. (it also happens to be my preferred choice due to the cost as mentioned above)

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
seriously...I looked at that and was like wtf? My BD build is within about $200 of WT and I don't have to deal with its ugly shit interior.
Everyone will take one glance at your regular poor headlights/tail lights and feel sorry for you though ;)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone will take one glance at your regular poor headlights/tail lights and feel sorry for you though ;)
oh you mean the better looking ones that have a classic look? lol okay. The headlights, steel bumpers and especially interior are the main reason I'm going BD over WT. It's also easier to change out headlights than it is ugly shit interior and dash

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew this poll was going to trigger the black diamond buyers by calling their build “low end” hahaha. Sorry, no signature lights is the cut off!
Yep that's why High/Lux package wiring harness routes through the signature lights . If you don't have the lights people know you got a lower pkg . LOL

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shout out to all of the manual/squatch people!!! Stay strong and resolute!!

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re: manual, maybe there really aren't as many people who want that trans and the vocal bunch on here are not representative.

I am a base, 2.3, manual.
I would take the 2.7 manual all day if it was an option

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where’s the FE?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My goodness, it looks like the take rate on the 2.7L is going to be quite high. It's no wonder I heard they will be on constraint at the start.
Sponsored