Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been bugging my buddies at WFO since I got my Bronco two years ago to build a cooler rack for them. At last my nagging has paid off!!

Ford Bronco Finally a cooler rack!! 1705317823940

Ford Bronco Finally a cooler rack!! 1705317823940
IMO - Spare Tire deletes look ridiculous - @xrack already makes a great cooler solution www.xrack.net

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Title is misleading... I was hoping for a link to Pronhub...

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Finally a cooler rack!! bronco x rac

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO - Spare Tire deletes look ridiculous - @xrack already makes a great cooler solution www.xrack.net
I actually wheel my Bronco so anything that is mounted lower than the bumper would get dragged off on rocks. Imo, spare tires that never get used hanging off the back of vehicles looks ridiculous.

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, Carries a cooler, gas and water cans, but no spare tire, brilliant.
Yep, I have been wheeling a long time and never needed a spare. I carry everything I need to repair a tire and get home if I need to. Perhaps my driving abilities are better than most or perhaps the spare is not as necessary as you would think.

Sponsored

JONNEE

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tahoe, 2000 Yukon XL, 1993 Suburban, all 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep, I have been wheeling a long time and never needed a spare. I carry everything I need to repair a tire and get home if I need to. Perhaps my driving abilities are better than most or perhaps the spare is not as necessary as you would think.
Wow! You are way more fortunate and/or prepared than I!

I've got well over 1M miles behind the wheel. Won't leave the house without a spare. Carry a second spare when I may be hours from pavement and a town. (Think anywhere in Canyonlands NP, one of my favorite places.)

Most of the time it's just me. On the highways (which I need to drive to get to the fun stuff) I've had blowouts, damage from garden implements that fall off the vehicle in front, or the vehicle in front of that one, screws, bolts, or portions thereof, cause significant damage (sometimes irreversible) to the tires. Am not gonna sit on the side of the interstate doing a tire repair. I am not gonna be that guy for whom the highway patrol dispatcher tells the officer "no spare, no tools" :eek: But I realize that's just me. :rolleyes:

Off road, nasty volcanic rocks or angular boulders in stream beds, dry or wet, evil stubs of creosote or mesquite root just hidden in the dust, driving over fields of sharp pointy rocks, trying to be as gentle as I can, picking seemingly clean lines, walking ahead a thousand feet or more just to find a route. I've ripped gashes in the sidewalls. I even carry duct tape for emergency emergency situations. Have used, amazingly, successfully.

Came across people out in the middle of nowhere, driving their urban warrior SUV, who'd picked up a slew of nails or screws, helped them lift their vehicle to get to the underbelly spare, use my electric screw jack and electric torque hammer to get them back to running, then have the same thing befall me on the same damn road. Never run into any caltrops, but some of the manufactured crap that I've found on desert trails is just mind-bogglingly nasty. Again, pay attention and drive safely is the best policy.

Glad to hear that there are folks out there that are prepared! (y)(y)(y)

Cheers - Jon

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You never need it . . .

Until you need it. I HAVE changed a tire on the trail. It was on a Jeep not a Bronco, though. Big sidewall gash. My son caught a sharp rock, so yes, driver error, but it happens.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the All American Labs spare tire-mounted storage rack is probably the best option currently (and comes in two sizes). While deleting the spare seems like an option if you’re handy with an ARB tire plug kit on a puncture, a sidewall tear is problematic. An AAA card is great on highways and byways but won’t help if your off pavement or overlanding outside the U.S.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That does look pretty sweet, but for like $20 in metal I made a light simple rack that keeps the spare and doesn't put the cooler up super high like some other racks. Plus I can attach other stuff to it.

PXL_20230627_021755131.jpg

PXL_20231222_002618173.jpg