First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had to take my girlfriends Fusion in to be looked at so of course had to drive their demo. No dealers local to me had one.

4 door Badlands
Soft top
Cyber Yellow
2.3 auto
High package

I will say I am impressed. Rode awesome. Seats were incredibly comfortable. Plenty of room in all aspects. Everything was laid out just right. With the soft top back there was very little turbulence. I was pleasantly surprised with that. Nothing like my Gladiator with the panels out.

The only thing I do not like is the center stack cluster. Just seems a bit of a scattered mess. Would much prefer an analog tach and speedo with a digital cluster in the middle.

Oh and the 2.3 just would not cut it for me. Definitely want the 2.7.

I'll be getting in touch with you real soon @DealerInsider šŸ˜

Ford Bronco Finally a test drive!!! DCDBC193-A73F-42EF-9A62-0F90CEA6C457

Ford Bronco Finally a test drive!!! 3A373433-065A-4B90-97CB-699CB68E9595
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had to take my girlfriends Fusion in to be looked at so of course had to drive their demo. No dealers local to me had one.

4 door Badlands
Soft top
Cyber Yellow
2.3 auto
High package

I will say I am impressed. Rode awesome. Seats were incredibly comfortable. Plenty of room in all aspects. Everything was laid out just right. With the soft top back there was very little turbulence. I was pleasantly surprised with that. Nothing like my Gladiator with the panels out.

The only thing I do not like is the center stack cluster. Just seems a bit of a scattered mess. Would much prefer an analog tach and speedo with a digital cluster in the middle.

Oh and the 2.3 just would not cut it for me. Definitely want the 2.7.

I'll be getting in touch with you real soon @DealerInsider šŸ˜

Awesome! Always glad to see another person swayed by the test drive.

And by the way, also nice to see another beard with the ratio of grey-to-any other color quite high.
Are we related? :ROFLMAO:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I test drove the same trim level.
I have to be honest, I was not impressed.
It was ok...but didn't knock my socks off. Was just fine. Seating position seemed very low, even with the seat adjusted up. I like the more upward position in the Rubicon with the seat pumped up.
Comparing to Rubicon..the Bronco interior was inferior and the hood is huge..like F150 huge.
Steering was very nice though.

Last edited:

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Saw my first Bronco and test drove it. Now just gotta wait a bit more for 22 order banks to open. This is dealerā€™s auto- Autonation Ford Katy Tx but my reservation is at Granger
Ford Bronco Finally a test drive!!! C213A353-37EC-4595-A4D3-DDE1FCB182CE

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I test drove the same trim level.
I have to be honest, I was not impressed.
It was ok...but didn't knock my socks off. Was just fine. Seating position seemed very low, even with the seat adjusted up. I like the more upward position in the Rubicon with the seat pumped up.
Comparing to Rubicon..the Bronco interior was inferior and the hood is huge..like F150 huge.
Steering was very nice though.
I was so much more comfortable in the Bronco than I am in my Gladiator. The seating position was great for me.

One other thing that really caught my attention is the tight turning radius. Was really surprised considering the longer wheelbase. Way tighter than my Gladiator and comparable to my past 2 door Wrangler.

Sponsored

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We had the opportunity to test drive 2 over the weekend as well.
The first a 2.3 Big Bend non-sas 4 door. Drove and handled great, surprisingly smooth comfortable ride. I would definitely want a few more options and bells and whistles than what this one had...
The second vehicle that we drove was a 2.7 Wildtrak Sasquatch 4 door. Drove and handled better than I expected...hard to judge the amount of road noise on this one as the dealers soft top was already damaged where someone had tried to forcibly remove one of the panels and broke the t type clips that held it together.
My husband was concerned that the Sasquatch package might not be as comfortable for me as a daily driver...I'm not sold on his train of thought....I have wanted one for so long that I think I should just go big or go home on this one....
My daily driver is a 1500 Silverado LTZ Z71 so it's not like I'm used to driving a Taurus and going to be in culture shock going to a bigger vehicle....
My build was originally going to be an Outerbanks Lux 2.7 Leather with Tow Pkg however, I was really digging the interior and trim on wildtrack that we drove....She was sharp.....so I am still on the fence about SAS and now I'm on the fence between OB and Wildtrak....ugh then there are the colors to decide since AMB is no longer available šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We had the opportunity to test drive 2 over the weekend as well.
The first a 2.3 Big Bend non-sas 4 door. Drove and handled great, surprisingly smooth comfortable ride. I would definitely want a few more options and bells and whistles than what this one had...
The second vehicle that we drove was a 2.7 Wildtrak Sasquatch 4 door. Drove and handled better than I expected...hard to judge the amount of road noise on this one as the dealers soft top was already damaged where someone had tried to forcibly remove one of the panels and broke the t type clips that held it together.
My husband was concerned that the Sasquatch package might not be as comfortable for me as a daily driver...I'm not sold on his train of thought....I have wanted one for so long that I think I should just go big or go home on this one....
My daily driver is a 1500 Silverado LTZ Z71 so it's not like I'm used to driving a Taurus and going to be in culture shock going to a bigger vehicle....
My build was originally going to be an Outerbanks Lux 2.7 Leather with Tow Pkg however, I was really digging the interior and trim on wildtrack that we drove....She was sharp.....so I am still on the fence about SAS and now I'm on the fence between OB and Wildtrak....ugh then there are the colors to decide since AMB is no longer available šŸ˜‚
I'm kind of on the fence with the SAS. I love the looks but do I really need it. And honestly the Badlands has a nice stance as it sits with the slight lift and 285/70-17 tires. Thinking a 1" spacer lift remove the crash bars and 295/70-17s and I'll be good to go.

I'll be going Black Diamond myself. I had been toying with the idea of a Wildtrak because it comes with SAS, 2.7, advance 4x4 and mid. But it takes me $6k over what my Black Diamond build would be. And I don't get MGV, wash out interior, or steel bumper. I can 1/3 of that $6k and make it more my own.

I will say color is one big issue with me. There are just no colors that really speak to me. I like the Cyber Orange. But I don't think it will be available in 2022. Velocity Blue is growing on me. I've always been a fan of Lightning Blue. But when I saw VB on an F-150 I didn't care for it too much. Seeing a few pics of it on the Bronco it looks darker because of the contrast of the top and fenders. My biggest regret would be buying now and they offer grabber blue in a year or two. I'd be kicking myself.

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm kind of on the fence with the SAS. I love the looks but do I really need it. And honestly the Badlands has a nice stance as it sits with the slight lift and 285/70-17 tires. Thinking a 1" spacer lift remove the crash bars and 295/70-17s and I'll be good to go.

I'll be going Black Diamond myself. I had been toying with the idea of a Wildtrak because it comes with SAS, 2.7, advance 4x4 and mid. But it takes me $6k over what my Black Diamond build would be. And I don't get MGV, wash out interior, or steel bumper. I can 1/3 of that $6k and make it more my own.

I will say color is one big issue with me. There are just no colors that really speak to me. I like the Cyber Orange. But I don't think it will be available in 2022. Velocity Blue is growing on me. I've always been a fan of Lightning Blue. But when I saw VB on an F-150 I didn't care for it too much. Seeing a few pics of it on the Bronco it looks darker because of the contrast of the top and fenders. My biggest regret would be buying now and they offer grabber blue in a year or two. I'd be kicking myself.
I'm right there with ya....I love how it looks...but don't know that we will be rock crawling much...My husband loves the lake and fishing so most free weekends are spent at the lake. We do like to travel so it would be fun in say Moab and such to be able to get out and kick up our heels with a SAS package, but that would be a couple of times a year... for the most part it will be my daily driver.
As much as I would LOVE to have MGV and washout interior as I have a horse and we have dogs I cannot give up power seats...I just can't do it...I was in a bad auto accident at 18 and have had back surgery and frequently get injections to stave off another surgery as long as I can...my back and neck comfort unfortunately necessitate the power seats and heated seats.
I agree, none of the colors really just jump out at me....I loved the cactus Grey when we all thought that it was closer to the Tiffany blue end of the spectrum as opposed to wet concrete...in some lighting I still like it .... other its just mehh for me. I don't mind the Area 51 and black has always been my go to for vehicles.
The Wildtrak that we test drove was the velocity blue and it did look really sharp with the graphics I will say...it's not my color (too many KY Wildcat fans around here and I work for a different university lol) but I don't think that you would regret it...that Wildtrak looked sexy in Velocity....

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was so much more comfortable in the Bronco than I am in my Gladiator. The seating position was great for me.

One other thing that really caught my attention is the tight turning radius. Was really surprised considering the longer wheelbase. Way tighter than my Gladiator and comparable to my past 2 door Wrangler.
I am not sure what I was expecting, but despite the cool exterior looks, I wasn't in love.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I have read CO is an MY22 colour.

And, you could always order a VB now and order a LB in a couple of years if/when that colourā€™s available and sell your VB at that time.

Iā€™d be kicking myself if I waited 2 years before getting a Bronco because of a colour preferenceā€¦

Last edited:

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, cyber orange will be available for ā€˜22. It was antimatter blue and rapid red that were canceled.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I have read CO is an MY22 colour.

And, you could always order a VB now and order a LB in a couple of years if/when that colourā€™s available and sell you VB at that time.

Iā€™d be kicking myself if I waited 2 years before getting a Bronco because of a colour preferenceā€¦

I'll probably be waiting two years as it is anyway. LOL
Sponsored