Sponsored

Finally Pulled The Trigger and Order is in!

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a hell of a time figuring out trim levels because of the interior choices. It was between OBX and Badlands for me so here is the final order:

Badlands 4-door
Cactus Gray
Sasquatch package
Mic hardtop
Mid package
MGV Interior (I toddlers and a dog)
2.7 engine
Auto 10 speed
Engine block heater
Towing pkg.

Edit: Due to wife requesting a few items the OBX began to make more sense plus was slightly cheaper. Updated build:
OBX 4-Door
Antimatter Blue
Roast Leather
High Package
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice rig .

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a hell of a time figuring out trim levels because of the interior choices. It was between OBX and Badlands for me so here is the final order:

Badlands 4-door
Cactus Gray
Sasquatch package
Mic hardtop
Mid package
2.7 engine
Auto 10 speed
Engine block heater
Towing pkg.
Congratulations! Very nice! Cactus Grey was a strong front runner for me as well. I opted Shadow Black with the Std wheels and 33"s though for more suitable surface road / drivability. From the KOH vids posted recently, don't think I'm giving up much in off road capability. I chose this over a similarly configured Black Diamond Sasquatch. Was a BD SAS in the mix at all for you?

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands 4-door
Cactus Gray
Sasquatch package
Mic hardtop
Mid package
2.7 engine
Auto 10 speed
Engine block heater
Towing pkg.
Nice build, just one question, why engine block heater ? You live in Cali.

OP
OP
Akula22

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congratulations! Very nice! Cactus Grey was a strong front runner for me as well. I opted Shadow Black with the Std wheels and 33"s though for more suitable surface road / drivability. From the KOH vids posted recently, don't think I'm giving up much in off road capability. I chose this over a similarly configured Black Diamond Sasquatch. Was a BD SAS in the mix at all for you?
Totally forgot about this post. I actually wound up changing my order to an OBX w/SAS. Wife wanted to change up a few items so when analyzing cost the OBX seemed to fit better. That said in actuality I looked at all models trying to find the right fit for us regardless of trim so I did consider the BD from that standpoint.

Ultimately my plan for the OBX is use the tires it comes with and then get KO2’s when I need new tires. I’m a huge fan of KO2’s as well and spend time in the snow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Akula22

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice build, just one question, why engine block heater ? You live in Cali.
I have a house in Tahoe and spend a few months during winter here to ski. Also plan to move to a mountain community full time fairly soon so figured for $100 not a big deal.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a house in Tahoe and spend a few months during winter here to ski. Also plan to move to a mountain community full time fairly soon so figured for $100 not a big deal.
Got it thanks, just wondering because I spend about two weeks up on my favorite Mountain when I go Elk hunting, I was thinking about getting it, but passed it up.

OP
OP
Akula22

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it thanks, just wondering because I spend about two weeks up on my favorite Mountain when I go Elk hunting, I was thinking about getting it, but passed it up.
Learning a bit more about it, I tend to agree that it’s unnecessary and strongly considering pulling it also.
Sponsored