Sponsored

Trigger to convert reservation to order?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BEFORE you place your order with a dealer, NEGOTIATE YOUR PRICE. If you don't like that dealer's price, switch dealers. Once you place your order, you are stuck with that dealer.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You must create a new reservation to change dealers... meaning that you lose your place in line. I just went through this last Friday
Incorrect. You can move your reservation to a different dealer by calling Ford Motor Co. Customer Service. This maintains your reservation place in line.

As noted above, once you convert your reservation to an order, then you are stuck with that dealer.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, all. I just reached out to my salesman to try and schedule a time to place my order. If Ford truly is going to go to a "build to order" model across their lineup, they have a LOT of work to do. :confused:
The '22 order banks open Sept. 13th. IMHO there's no need to order just yet as you will have to do it again for a '22 model. I would say your salesman should know this by now, but I'm sure they are the last to know.

And as @Judge Rufus said, do not sign anything until you have negotiated a final selling price. And, get yourself a signed invoice. The horror stories here would curl your hair. (Not me, 'cause I ain't got none. :) )

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. I'm not considering a MY21 with my reservation date - It'll be a MY22, for sure. Will place my order for a Badlands CO with the upgraded black wheels, soft top, 2.3, 10sp, and tow package.
There is a date that the 2022 orders open up, I believe it is September 13. You can order through a dealer then AFAIK. Do some searching on this site, and Google.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a date that the 2022 orders open up, I believe it is September 13. You can order through a dealer then AFAIK. Do some searching on this site, and Google.
What Wanted33 said above!

Sponsored
OP
OP
555-RGNE

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. That sounds right. I just got off the phone with my salesman. He said that the order banks are currently closed, but will reopen for MY22 soon. For the initial orders, all of his MY21 reservation holders received email notification from Ford saying to convert to an order. I told him I'd keep watching, expecting to see something mid-September. He said that if the order banks open before I call him, he'll reach out same day to get my order finalized. I also found out that the General Manager is a friend of mine from high school, so I'm feeling good about my dealership selection.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For 2021 - starting January 20, 2021 through Sept. 3, 2021.
For 2022 - starting Sept. 13, 2021

If you order a Base or Big Bend 4 door with convertible top, you have a real shot at 2021.

If you want a hard top, just wait and order a 2022.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect. You can move your reservation to a different dealer by calling Ford Motor Co. Customer Service. This maintains your reservation place in line.

As noted above, once you convert your reservation to an order, then you are stuck with that dealer.
Incorrect.

Now that order banks are open you can no longer transfer a reservation.

(They even took down all mention of transfers that I could find from the Ford FAQ)

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Incorrect.

Now that order banks are open you can no longer transfer a reservation.

(They even took down all mention of transfers that I could find from the Ford FAQ)
I guess then you should negotiate your price with your dealer before you even put in a reservation.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess then you should negotiate your price with your dealer before you even put in a reservation.
Agreed.

I think Ford is probably approaching this figuring people will walk into a dealer, negotiate, and then place their order on the spot.... as in there's no reason to reserve separately from an order anymore.
Sponsored