First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got a call from my dealership (Bob Tomes Ford - McKinney, Tx) saying that the they are starting the process of converting their reservations to orders. Was told this was basically a letter of intent and no money would change hands. It was just saying that I was enforcing my desire to purchase the new bronco.

Has anybody else gotten calls/emails similar to this. Seems like they are trying to lock in them as my dealer for the order. This makes it seem like ford may be swinging towards mobility of dealer for orders.
Sponsored

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was asked to come into the dealership on the 16th, I put my reservation in on the 15. I was assigned a rep who confirmed we couldn't move the process forward. I didn't have to sign or fill out anything there, I just took his card to future communications. It's probably just them trying to weed out reservations who were not people, or serious. I doubt you will be able to do more than transition it from the BDC people to the sales person in the dealership.

SilverII

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought the $100 was the intent.

Push it back to them and ask for the various trim details such as colors, options, etc. Also, ask for final pricing - A/Z plans, ADM. These are factors for purchase.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they are starting the process of converting their reservations to orders.
Push it back to them and ask for the various trim details such as colors, options, etc. Also, ask for final pricing - A/Z plans, ADM. These are factors for purchase.
Honestly wouldn't even waste your time going back and forth with a dealership just to prove a point. Even if they concede and say they are wrong, you already know they're scummy so you're not going to use them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chewcudda

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the $100 was the intent.

That is exactly what I told him. I said I got the money but until everything is a little less up in the air I was holding my position.

as for ADM he promised that they were sticking with msrp and they were still waiting on hearing if xplan was available.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

prolly dealers can do the DSOs although the options are gonng be incomplete but they wont be submitted until its unlocked.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup, that would piss me off. They know that people are wanting to be mobile with their reservations and this 'intent' is just trying to head that off.

Personally, would make me want to switch just because of that.

OP
OP
Chewcudda

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yup, that would piss me off. They know that people are wanting to be mobile with their reservations and this 'intent' is just trying to head that off.

Personally, would make me want to switch just because of that.
They played it off as a process to weed out the looky loos. they said it was because they received 400+ reservations which is believable as some of the other dealers here in N Dallas are shady AF.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you didn't accidentally reserve a Sport, they're doing conversions, but Bronco isn't, December is the rumored time.

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice if Ford had a customer service rep monitoring and reporting/following up on these type of situations presented on this forum. I have seen it on other group pages (Camaro 5gen)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got a call from my dealership (Bob Tomes Ford - McKinney, Tx) saying that the they are starting the process of converting their reservations to orders. Was told this was basically a letter of intent and no money would change hands. It was just saying that I was enforcing my desire to purchase the new bronco.

Has anybody else gotten calls/emails similar to this. Seems like they are trying to lock in them as my dealer for the order. This makes it seem like ford may be swinging towards mobility of dealer for orders.
Bronco Sport is the ones we are able to order right now...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Chewcudda be sure to pop into the Regional Forum and specifically the DFW Area Dealership thread. Some good info there

OP
OP
Chewcudda

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I talked to someone again. Advised the "convert" seemed shady. seems he had me confused with someone else at the beginnning of the call. he is weeding through the 400+ reserves. I got the call as if I was buying a sport. honest mistake.

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my dealer called me, already assigned me a salesman, have his cell and email, ive done told him to reserve the time already the day we can order at the opening of the day at the dealership, and i would have everything ready and we could do the order in a matter of seconds.
Sponsored