Finally saw the Bronco in person...

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

Ford Bronco Finally saw the Bronco in person... 43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862

Ford Bronco Finally saw the Bronco in person... 0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD

Ford Bronco Finally saw the Bronco in person... D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E

Ford Bronco Finally saw the Bronco in person... D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4

Ford Bronco Finally saw the Bronco in person... 9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9
Sponsored

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, that is one of my kids in the third pic. He is 4’9” tall if that gives perspective. They also had a first edition but it wasn’t on display due to a rock hitting the windshield and shattering it. They had it in the service dept so I couldn’t get to it to get a realistic view difference with Sasquatch tires vs the 33s.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

Ford Bronco Finally saw the Bronco in person... 9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9

I'm lucky, I guess, of not having that problem of being too tall for the Bronco! I get to see Broncos next Saturday at the Chicagoland area event! Thanks for the pics!

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm lucky, I guess, of not having that problem of being too tall for the Bronco! I get to see Broncos next Saturday at the Chicagoland area event! Thanks for the pics!
Yeah I know everyone tries to keep it positive , but this being my first time seeing it, plus I drive an F150 it was slightly underwhelming for me personally. I think I set my expectations a little too high in that regard. Also when I left Tennessee it was 64 degrees and driving an hour and a half north and standing in 45 to 50 degree weather in shorts sucked. Made it harder to enjoy 😅
All I can say is dress for the occasion and enjoy because you’ll love it.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing wrong with an honest opinion. I am sure you are not alone in your experience. I figured it was going to be tight quarters when i heard the "Ultimate RZR" reference in the Vaughn Gittin video. I am going to have to go to an upcoming event to actually sit in one now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One more thing, this one had leather but the grey material on the doors was the MGV so I felt that to try and get an idea and it felt pretty good. Not sure if it feels the same on the seats with MGV, but due to it being cold I asked about your legs sticking to it like actual marine vinyl and the guy laughed and said he had no idea. Lol

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm actually glad to hear some things that aren't completely glowing. Thanks for the dose of reality.

You hear 100 people say "this thing is so big!" It's easy to start thinking it's f150 sized

Dave2ID

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Mustang Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the seat lowered all the way? It looks like it is in the up position. I sat in a 4D Badlands MIC and I measured 5 inches of headroom, I am 6.0 tall.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the opposite experience with the back seat. I can't even sit behind myself in a Ranger, but I had 3-4 inches of knee room with the Bronco. However that's on the non MGV interior which dosent have the Molle panels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was the seat lowered all the way? It looks like it is in the up position. I sat in a 4D Badlands MIC and I measured 5 inches of headroom, I am 6.0 tall.
Yes. This one had power seats and it was all the way down. In the pic the seat wasn’t all the way back. I was seeing how far forward I could put it and be comfortable. Everyone’s body is proportioned a little different so it’s something everyone has to experience themselves. I wish this one would have had the MIC top so I could judge. I felt like I had about 4 inches of headroom with the soft top and was told the MIC was about an inch lower which is perfect either way.

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had the opposite experience with the back seat. I can't even sit behind myself in a Ranger, but I had 3-4 inches of knee room with the Bronco. However that's on the non MGV interior which dosent have the Molle panels.
I still had about about 1-2 inches with my knees, with the ranger comparison I was more so talking about the width. The leg room was similar. I just “felt” cramped a little. I was kinda pissed I hit my head on that soft top bar that runs acrossover the back seat.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more thing, this one had leather but the grey material on the doors was the MGV so I felt that to try and get an idea and it felt pretty good. Not sure if it feels the same on the seats with MGV, but due to it being cold I asked about your legs sticking to it like actual marine vinyl and the guy laughed and said he had no idea. Lol
Feeling the vinyl on the door in that exact same build that had the leather seats is what led me to buy the leather. I didn't like the way the vinyl felt. It is funny how people's tastes vary so much, that is one of the many things that makes the forum tricky. All the varying opinions. People really need to see them in person. Thank you for your views.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually relieved to hear that it seemed small to you compared to what you were expecting and in comparison to the F150. One thing I was a little leery about was it being too big. Maybe it's because I'm 5' 10" and my wife is 5' 3" but generally, I'm not a fan of big vehicles.

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Feeling the vinyl on the door in that exact same build that had the leather seats is what led me to buy the leather. I didn't like the way the vinyl felt. It is funny how people's tastes vary so much, that is one of the many things that makes the forum tricky. All the varying opinions. People really need to see them in person. Thank you for your views.
I’m right there with you, the MGV on the door was textured and I’m not sure. Since I am deffering to MY 2022 I hope to actually sit in one with MGV so I can decide whether to upgrade. I see it as a good possibility. I’m also hoping they allow me to drive one (dealer demo) prior to ordering so I can decide if it’s 100% for me. I still loved the Bronco overall and plan on buying it sometime next year. Thanks for your response.
Sponsored