Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my '24 BB (2dr, manual, Eruption Green Metallic) this past Saturday. Overnight Friday we received 1 1/2" of rain on already saturated ground in Aggieland, Texas, so I had to investigate the functionality of 4H and 4L within the first 2 hours, as my F-150 is 2wd and I had to park it in the driveway (gravel drive under mud, as I live in the country). I hadn't driven a standard in 5 years, despite owning more standards than automatics. The Bronco is the most forgiving, easy to drive manual I've ever driven...even more than the '91 Ford Ranger I learned to drive standard on. The Bronco, despite terrible factory tires (Bridgestone Duelers) was able to get back to solid ground from where my 183lb self sank standing, whilst leaving 7" ruts on the land. The next step is to shoe the Bronco in proper tires (BF Goodrich All Terrain KOs), but it definitely lives up to what folks here said they are. How have the first 100 miles been for other new Bronco folk? Let's hear your stories please.
I bought mine from college Station ford. Nice people to deal with
Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mine is not dramatic in any respect but at the time I found quite remarkable. In my area you can drive around all day and not see any Broncos. The day my Cactus Grey HE-MAN was ready, I test drove it home to show my Bride the result of all the hype. In the first 5 miles of my test drive, I passed by a Cactus Grey Sasquatch BL and a Cactus Grey BRaptor. For me that was reassurance as everything fell into place and became real!!!
I see them everywhere here in ID. There is an EG 2-Door SAS right around the corner. When I travel to NorCal I may see 1 or 2 but that's it. A lot of Teslas around the SF Airport though.......

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my '24 and it started with a lot of disappointment. I got X Pricing - $500 and paid cashed. I ordered end of August and pleased it was so fast. Almost the same amount of time from when I ordered my Jeep, picking it up in 2019. Comparing my new '24 2 door Badlands with Lux 2.7 auto to my '19 2 Door Rubicon 2.0L eTorque w/ Auto and here was some observations. I am being picky here.

1) Ride is smoother in the Bronco if that's what you're looking for. My Jeep to me is more fun for playing around but the Bronco would be the road trip vehicle of the two with passengers.

2) Some of the interior design decisions leave a lot to be desired. The uneven arm rest on door compared to center console. The cup holders on side of the gear shifter which to me feels like you have to work around to grab your water or whatever where Jeep has it behind the shifter. Grab handles are just worthless to me in their location and recessing the vents as a result... just feels thrown together. We're ignoring the dash here as I want to be honest without getting banned lol. Placement of the interior door handles is not optimal for easy opening (referring more to being in a crowded parking lot not wanting to ding doors). The way these are placed being more forward is not ideal for easy access when getting out with the wider doors comparing the two.

3) Bronco sounds amazing. Hard to get over for me. I've had both gas engines on my last Jeeps, not a fan at all on the V6 there but do like the 2.0L. The 2.0L with eTorque is definitely faster than the V6 2.7 in my Bronco but it's not a large margin. I drive to the city every day and when its packed with traffic getting in and out quickly matters. I don't know the accuracy but my understanding is the etorque was a test for the hybrid so its like 40+ or something instant torque or rather really low in the rpm range and it holds through the RPM range. Super fun. Spirited driving in my Jeep is a lot of fun but much smoother of course in the Bronco.

4) Quality interior goes to Jeep. I had 8 miles when I picked up my Bronco and now over 500 miles and from day 1 it's whistling. I have never had a problem with any of my Jeeps hard or soft tops. Attached inside the back of the rear seat in my Jeep is a Velcro strap you can use in 2 seconds to secure your bags of groceries and what not from rolling around. Back of the Bronco, just a hard plastic ready to be scratched by anything hard.

I want to be clear here, I enjoy the Bronco just my observations.

Climbing under my Bronco when installing running boards for my girls and I already see plenty of rust. It was built on the 10th of last month!

That is another thing, it just seems more and more that Bronco companies are WAY to proud of their products. I am not frugal at all but good gosh it's a sad day when you're hyped at the Chinese market getting a Bronco so that it will humble some of the ridiculous prices on Bronco after market parts here. Why don't we have a decent non slanted soft top option...

5) Transmission I'd give the edge to my Jeep but these are very very close and both very good to me.

6) Being modular, Bronco is lacking here. Doors are more time consuming to get off then my Jeep. Top is pretty neutral between the two.

7) Technology, I love the wireless charging in my Bronco as well as wireless CarPlay. The display is pretty buggy in my Bronco but no show stoppers fortunately.

8) Heated seats and steering wheel is better in the Jeep and it's not close with the steering wheel. The steering wheel is better than I expected in the Bronco though.

9) I can't comment on off roading as I've only really done mud, gravel, grasslands but no real crawling yet.

What I notice more than anything with the Bronco is the more I drive it, the more I really like it and I liked it immediately. It's hard for me to describe but my Father had a Bronco when I was a kid. For whatever reason my Bronco feels similar in ways to what I remember my dads Bronco feeling like way back. I wish he was still here to see it.

There are some simple quality of life change that would make the Bronco so much more and its in the details. It's like whoever designed the amenities didn't drive or spend any time with the competition which was a miss. For what the Bronco cost, they should have gotten that controllable metric perfect or close imo. Having said all that, I look forward to many happy years owning the Bronco like I will continue to do with my Jeep.

Forgive typos.

Edit to add:

For all I've heard about the BO Sound system in the Bronco I absolutely love it. Way better than the Alpine System in my Jeep and there is no contest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
USMCAg

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought mine from college Station ford. Nice people to deal with
I got mine from College Station Ford too. They actually made everything easy and low pressure. I had to do a nice review for them and the Bronco is turning out to be exactly what I needed to take over from the F-150 except towing the camper. Who was your salesman? I had Kevin Garcia.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine from College Station Ford too. They actually made everything easy and low pressure. I had to do a nice review for them and the Bronco is turning out to be exactly what I needed to take over from the F-150 except towing the camper. Who was your salesman? I had Kevin Garcia.
John Lott. But when a friend mine bought a vehicle from him, he mailed me a personal check for sending him. Classy guy

Sponsored
OP
OP
USMCAg

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A fr
John Lott. But when a friend mine bought a vehicle from him, he mailed me a personal check for sending him. Classy guy
A friend of mine bought a '23 Escape from my salesman, he said they were sending a $100 referral check that I never got, but no big deal. My friend gets ridiculous gas mileage in her Escape, he made ordering and picking up my 2 Dr BB easy, and even though I'm paying a little more than I planned, I have a great extended warranty that covers even electronics....I'm happy.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A fr

A friend of mine bought a '23 Escape from my salesman, he said they were sending a $100 referral check that I never got, but no big deal. My friend gets ridiculous gas mileage in her Escape, he made ordering and picking up my 2 Dr BB easy, and even though I'm paying a little more than I planned, I have a great extended warranty that covers even electronics....I'm happy.
I've had a lot of salesman tell me they will send a $100 for a referral. John is the only one that has.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just busted 50 miles today....still driving my Escalade while I set it up the Bronco for the dogs. Have the rear seat protectors and rear floor mat in and waiting on the Velcro to dry on my outdoor carpet for the slideout tailgate. Couple of interior improvements and some more protection and it will be ready to go. When the weather warms I'll do full skids before I do any off-roading this summer. I don't need to add to the ruts idiots have already provided for our pleasure.
Sponsored