Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
How accurate is the shipped number in the tracker? Mine just updated today for 41 days under “shipped”. Is that really 41 days?
My tracker had 15-28 days. It showed up at the dealer 13 days after the built date.
Sponsored

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally agree on the needing to see the colors in person on the specific vehicle. I looked at the VB on the F-150 and the RR on the Ranger and originally ordered Rapid Red, then when I got to see all the colors actually on the Bronco in bright sun, and then later on an overcast day, I changed to the VB. Pleasant surprise to find it was actually cheaper by $295 dollars, so then I added the Modular Bumper..

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question about the roof Rails.. Can they readily be completely removed and if so did they provide the color match caps for the windshield mounting points..

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally agree on the needing to see the colors in person on the specific vehicle. I looked at the VB on the F-150 and the RR on the Ranger and originally ordered Rapid Red, then when I got to see all the colors actually on the Bronco in bright sun, and then later on an overcast day, I changed to the VB. Pleasant surprise to find it was actually cheaper by $295 dollars, so then I added the Modular Bumper..
BEACH.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question about the roof Rails.. Can they readily be completely removed and if so did they provide the color match caps for the windshield mounting points..
Ford provides the colored caps. This weekend I plan to remove the Roof Rails and the complete top.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
+1. I tried looking at various colors in a Ford lot on other vehicles, but you have to see the color on the actual Bronco to be sure. Even better see on the 2 vs 4 door, depending on which version is wanted.

Example, VB looked ok on a pickup truck I saw in a Ford lot, but looked great on a 2-door Bronco I later saw. I'm a utility buyer, but color is one appearance item important to me, because the color will smack me in the face every time I look at the vehicle, so I better like the color ... a lot!

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great review. Good luck with your rig!

I just cancelled the roof rack on my two door BD: I was worried about stressing the already iffy MiC top by bolting something to it.

What is your view on the rack mounting? Is it solid on the top and not seem to stress the roof?

Sponsored

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Boxer4

Sweet rig!

What is the MPG with the 2.7 now that you’ve had it a couple weeks and how is the power? I’m trying to compare it to @BronchoPeat’s 2.3 SAS as he’s averaging 18 mpg.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Boxer4

Sweet rig!

What is the MPG with the 2.7 now that you’ve had it a couple weeks and how is the power? I’m trying to compare it to @BronchoPeat’s 2.3 SAS as he’s averaging 18 mpg.
The most recent trip counter is 458 miles at 20.6 MPG. Back roads- little traffic and haven’t pushed it.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great review. Good luck with your rig!

I just cancelled the roof rack on my two door BD: I was worried about stressing the already iffy MiC top by bolting something to it.

What is your view on the rack mounting? Is it solid on the top and not seem to stress the roof?
The roof rack is a steal at $ 365. Functional and strong. Here are some pics of the under side at the MIC clamp. It hooks cleanly on the grooved MIC cut out and has a 1/4" inch think neoprene pad to protect the MIC. @Abundigas @kodathedog

Ford Bronco 2 Door BaseSquatch Delivered. Timeline, Q & A, Notes From First 100 miles RACK CLAMP.JPG

Ford Bronco 2 Door BaseSquatch Delivered. Timeline, Q & A, Notes From First 100 miles RACK CLAMP -2.JPG

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you!

Are there bolts that actually go through the top or does it just clamp onto it? I thought somehow it was bolted onto the roll bar frame but I can't find the video that I saw. I'm just so paranoid about the stupid top now that I reluctantly removed it from my order. I really wanted it but the top quality is pathetic at this time.
Sponsored