First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up my '24 BB (2dr, manual, Eruption Green Metallic) this past Saturday. Overnight Friday we received 1 1/2" of rain on already saturated ground in Aggieland, Texas, so I had to investigate the functionality of 4H and 4L within the first 2 hours, as my F-150 is 2wd and I had to park it in the driveway (gravel drive under mud, as I live in the country). I hadn't driven a standard in 5 years, despite owning more standards than automatics. The Bronco is the most forgiving, easy to drive manual I've ever driven...even more than the '91 Ford Ranger I learned to drive standard on. The Bronco, despite terrible factory tires (Bridgestone Duelers) was able to get back to solid ground from where my 183lb self sank standing, whilst leaving 7" ruts on the land. The next step is to shoe the Bronco in proper tires (BF Goodrich All Terrain KOs), but it definitely lives up to what folks here said they are. How have the first 100 miles been for other new Bronco folk? Let's hear your stories please.
Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mine is not dramatic in any respect but at the time I found quite remarkable. In my area you can drive around all day and not see any Broncos. The day my Cactus Grey HE-MAN was ready, I test drove it home to show my Bride the result of all the hype. In the first 5 miles of my test drive, I passed by a Cactus Grey Sasquatch BL and a Cactus Grey BRaptor. For me that was reassurance as everything fell into place and became real!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
USMCAg

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like Divine confirmation. A very cool story. If your rig looks half as good plastered in slung mud as mine does I envy you.

OP
OP
USMCAg

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like Divine confirmation. A very cool story. If your rig looks half as good plastered in slung mud as mine does I envy you.

OP
OP
USMCAg

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored
OP
OP
USMCAg

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like Divine confirmation. A very cool story. If your rig looks half as good plastered in slung mud as mine does I envy you. (My Internet sucks, so this may post a few times inadvertently.... country living).

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sounds like Divine confirmation. A very cool story. If your rig looks half as good plastered in slung mud as mine does I envy you. (My Internet sucks, so this may post a few times inadvertently.... country living).
Lol, You can delete the dupes

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked mine up Friday. Badlands, 2DR, 7MT, Lux, EGM. Now have just over 200 miles on it and my assessment is spot on with OP’s. Took it up to Stowe, VT Sunday and found some dirt roads to test it out on. That transmission is so smooth and it handled the mud and slick dirt roads like a champ. Mine already has the BFG KOs and I can confirm they are great tires in the sludge. Couldn’t be happier with the first weekend with it.
Ford Bronco First 100 miles B4CC9C62-CE49-4C50-9585-43BF30B1C6CB

Ford Bronco First 100 miles IMG_2519

Ford Bronco First 100 miles 6DEEA182-905A-48D7-AC95-CB3C3FC2368E

Sponsored

Necronomicon

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've really enjoyed mine so far and I'm at 70 miles. What's most impressive to me so far is how smooth it drives compared to my 23 wrangler that i traded in , its amazing. While I'm babying it the 1st 500 miles i can still hear the engine/drive system when i give it slightly more go pedal. My wrangler sounded like a sowing machine and who actually to quiet to track RPM. I can drive to work and home and may not even see another Bronco but run outa fingers and toes counting jeeps. The seats are far an away better as well , the jeeps were super hard and narrow, So far im glad i upgraded. Dont have anything exciting story wise yet since just picked it up a few days ago but these are a few things i noticed.....oh and my poor debit/credit card usage.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up last Wednesday. Manual. About 150 miles thus far. Spent time varying RPMs and speeds due to some highway driving. Some snow and mud. 4A works well! Crawl gear heading downhill on snow and ice is great. Fender stickers gone! Love the feeling thus far.

Ford Bronco First 100 miles 2024013113085675-3366402918027772986 (1)

Ford Bronco First 100 miles Fender shot

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up last Wednesday. Manual. About 150 miles thus far. Spent time varying RPMs and speeds due to some highway driving. Some snow and mud. 4A works well! Crawl gear heading downhill on snow and ice is great. Fender stickers gone! Love the feeling thus far.

I don't care what the naysayers say...Iconic Silver is sexy! Badge removal was one of my first mods.