AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s been confirmed our dream of having a numbered plate on our first editions that says _ of 7000 has been crushed… moving on.

Will we be able to tell from our VIN what number First Edition we have?

I read last week that there may not be 7000 first editions.. more like 4500. Is that the case? Or is that only 4500 converted into orders of the 7000 that reserved?
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
VINs cannot indicate build order with precision. They’re generated and assigned to builds too long before the actual final assembly order is determined.

You may be able to have a pretty good guess at order of build by VIN at a low precision though, like “oh this one was probably built at least x months before this one”

Ashley5180

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So if my VIN ends in 0085 and the blend date was yesterday, do I take it that it is an early one?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RTLGarage

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Go with a base... First Edition costs you $30,000 more. For what?....
I’m not even sure where to begin with this reply.. someone else can have the fun..

Ashley5180

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not even sure where to begin with this reply.. someone else can have the fun..
It's not worth my time! I just keep scrolling.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We (FE res) got boned quiet a bit. Production timing (no I didn’t expect to be built first did expect to get deliveries in the summer), increased allocations, dealer allocation prizes, Painted tops, number plate, lack of colors, sport mode. The black interior/ white stitching is the only reason I kept my FE

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You won’t know the real number of first editions until 2021 production run is over.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You won’t know the real number of first editions until 2021 production run is over.
And will never know the order of FE production since they will not include a numbered plate. Seems like it could have been real easy to have numbered plates waiting on the line instead of the FORD ones they decided to install instead.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Badge is removable so we can fix the number plate ourselves. ;)Or Ford can send us one in the mail. :unsure:

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s been confirmed our dream of having a numbered plate on our first editions that says _ of 7000 has been crushed… moving on.

Will we be able to tell from our VIN what number First Edition we have?

I read last week that there may not be 7000 first editions.. more like 4500. Is that the case? Or is that only 4500 converted into orders of the 7000 that reserved?
So here's an idea (wishful thinking really). I understand Ford scrapped the 1 of xxx plating most likely due to many of us 99ing their order or just cancelling all together, and no way currently to tell what the final number will be. What they could do for all of us diehards that have stuck with this watered down, take our compromises or get a new trim, get a preview once a month FE is simply wait until MY22 rolls around. All FEs will have been built (right.....) and using the magic of a spread sheet, have an intern determine how many were actually built, when, and for whom. Have the intern forward the info to someone that can actually order the numbered plates as originally designed, and then send them in an envelope to the owners. The owners can unscrew the generic placeholder plate and voila - an accurate numbered plate that probably would cost Ford about a dollar per car. A letter from Ford in the envelope verifying the accuracy of production would be a nice touch - no extra cost to Ford. Said intern can type it out and digitally signed.

Dsprouse

First Edition
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
See I have an issue with this statement all oders had to be placed at cut off date. It isn’t like they are building more past cut off date and none will be built past those ordered….so why would they know. Even if someone drops after their build it doesn’t become a different edition. So the number is there and the stamps should be given. Only off chance is if someone without a vin drops out….so wait and send the plates out in January.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With "special edition" vehicles for collector value there are only two numbers that matter. The first one and the last one. You won't live long enough for a first edition Bronco to have collector value.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So here's an idea (wishful thinking really). I understand Ford scrapped the 1 of xxx plating most likely due to many of us 99ing their order or just cancelling all together, and no way currently to tell what the final number will be. What they could do for all of us diehards that have stuck with this watered down, take our compromises or get a new trim, get a preview once a month FE is simply wait until MY22 rolls around. All FEs will have been built (right.....) and using the magic of a spread sheet, have an intern determine how many were actually built, when, and for whom. Have the intern forward the info to someone that can actually order the numbered plates as originally designed, and then send them in an envelope to the owners. The owners can unscrew the generic placeholder plate and voila - an accurate numbered plate that probably would cost Ford about a dollar per car. A letter from Ford in the envelope verifying the accuracy of production would be a nice touch - no extra cost to Ford. Said intern can type it out and digitally signed.
It would be nice for that to happen, but I think it’s wishful thinking. If Ford actually gave a shit They wouldn’t be giving out cancelled first editions as prizes to dealers.
Sponsored