Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit crazy to not get a First Edition if you have an FE reservation?

I can understand bailing on the Bronco entirely, but switching to a different build is odd.

I hope Ford takes all the FE cancellations and puts them out as a lottery to other reservation holders. While my plan is to wait for a non-squatch 2022, if I was given the chance to move to a First Edition, I think I'd jump on it and take a Lightning Blue.
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never trust what a local dealer tells you. Most members of this forum know more about the Bronco than the dealers.

That said, Ford should just bite the bullet and call the first new Broncos 2022 models.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit crazy to not get a First Edition if you have an FE reservation?

I can understand bailing on the Bronco entirely, but switching to a different build is odd.
I dunno, shit happens. Life throws you curveballs.

When I made the reservation in July, I didn't expect my grandfather to kick the bucket in November and wind up buying his house. I'm not in the financial position to buy ANY new vehicle this year. I don't really have a choice. Any down payment I would've used for the Bronco is now being used on a house.

I'll start re-saving and hopefully I can swing a MY22 when the time comes.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dunno, shit happens. Life throws you curveballs.

When I made the reservation in July, I didn't expect my grandfather to kick the bucket in November and wind up buying his house. I'm not in the financial position to buy ANY new vehicle this year. I don't really have a choice. Any down payment I would've used for the Bronco is now being used on a house.

I'll start re-saving and hopefully I can swing a MY22 when the time comes.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make light of your situation in any way. That does make sense if you're trying to save up for later. My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry, I didn't mean to make light of your situation in any way. That does make sense if you're trying to save up for later. My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.
No, I didn't take it that way. I'd have loved to stick with the FE, and could have if those things didn't happen. Once the house was on the table, I thought about staying with MY21 and just moving down a couple of trim levels. Then the wife starts talking about renovations... Yeah, best to put the whole thing off for a year!

Sponsored

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that brings up an interesting question. They are making 7000 FEs. I'm sure most people are keeping them, but what happens to the ones that are cancelled or are changed to different models?

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OK, so I think you just answered the question I posted right above you.

Converting the order now as a Priority 99, I'll still be able to adjust my build when we start ordering MY22s?
Until you’re scheduled for production you can make many changes to your MY22 order. And absolutely all First Editions will be 2021 models. I live here in Metro Detroit and yesterday had a chance to sit in and inspect a First Edition, loved it. I also have personally talked to Jim Farley CEO of Ford about my FE. Most dealerships have no idea what’s going on and are giving out advice to customers based on rumors and not facts. Some dealerships are trying to acquire First Editions to later sell with huge ADMs. I think you Are doing the right thing to put off your bronco to the 22 model year and downgrade to a Badlands. Sorry for your loss. As somebody about to move from (cheap) Michigan to (expensive) Hawaii I understand the cost of housing along with everything else. I would focus on getting your biggest asset, that home squared away. If I hadn’t been saving for the last 10 years to make this move to Hawai’i, no way in hell I’d be buying a first edition bronco, probably would get a base with Sasquatch. Good luck with everything.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that brings up an interesting question. They are making 7000 FEs. I'm sure most people are keeping them, but what happens to the ones that are cancelled or are changed to different models?
All 7000 will be built. People with either too much money or great connections (or both) will get the ones that fall through the cracks.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks everyone, just sent my build over to the dealer to *hopefully* (read: correctly) have it converted to a Code 99 MY22 Bronco.

@Big Island Bronco ?♂️ - If I even make it back to Hawaii, I'll look you up and maybe we can do an off-road island tour in the FE :cool:

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'll cancel your order and then you can touch base with us again when you're ready to build."
Sounds like code for I'm going to hijack your FE reservation and claim it in my 20% no match allowance.

In sincerity, good luck with sorting things out and getting the Bronco that you want.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just got off the phone with the owner of the dealership, he called me out of the blue. I guess he was in on some of the emails and briefed on the phone calls between me and the salesman.

He just wanted to make sure I knew that I am currently in Code 99 and that I did know that FEs would not be available MY22 and I'm OK moving to a different trim. He mentioned that I've obvisouly been doing my research knowing what a 99 is and that I've probably spent a number of hours on the Bronco6G forums (little does he know!).

He told me that I was the very first reservation that his dealership received, and one of only 3 FE reservations, including his own. He said that since I was the #1 name on his reservation spreadsheet, he's probably looked at my name 400 times, and when he saw 'cancelled' as a status, especially for an FE, that raised some eyebrows. But he assured me everything's good to go, I'm in the COde 99 "holding pattern" and they'll be in touch when the MY22 order banks open, probably mid-summer.

Overall it was a very positive conversation. I thought it was very nice of him to reach out. He wasn't trying to sell me, wasn't trying to change my mind... I really just felt that he was just making sure I was happy. Such a different experience than the Ford dealership we've used in the past (Looking at you, Steven's. Hope you see this and take note).
Sponsored