First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just had an interesting conversation with my dealer. I haven't converted my order yet, basically trying to get my finances in order but we're buying a new house that needs major renovations and probably won't be able to swing a MY21.

So I called the dealer, asking to convert my order and build it as a MY22. He said something to the effect of "well this late in the game, that's probably what's going to happen anyway, it all goes by timestamp. So I'll cancel your order and then you can touch base with us again when you're ready to build."

No no no, I said, I don't want the res canceled. So I explained the code 99 thing to delay the build til MY22 and he said "Yeah, we can definitely do that but, like I told you, it'd be a MY22 anyway."

I told him I have a 7/14 reservation for a First Edition. He told me it didn't matter, that they're running out of engines to put into the trucks.

I asked him, "So you're saying that if I convert my reservation now, as a First Edition, it's possible that I'll wind up with a MY22 FE?" He said "It's possible, it's very very likely at this point."

Then I asked him what would happen if I ordered the FE, and just didn't take delivery. What would happen, any penalty or anything and he said "I'm telling you, if you order it now you won't even see it until MY22, maybe even 23."

They're a well-respected dealer out here, but something just doesn't sound right. He was very quick to try to cancel the reservation. If I cancel my FE reservation, does the truck still get sent to the dealer? Is that why he's quick to cancel my reservation?

So is Ford really going to produce some MY22 FEs? That's something I haven't heard yet.

I literally just got off the phone, so this is all very fresh in my head.

I'm going to send him my Badlands build tonight, that's the model I wound up settling on. What verbiage should I use so that he's not confused that I want to keep my place in line, convert my reservation, just delay my build to model year 2022.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to send him my Badlands build tonight, that's the model I wound up settling on. What verbiage should I use so that he's not confused that I want to keep my place in line, convert my reservation, just delay my build to model year 2022.
Well this is different. If you are changing to a Badlands, then that's not a FE, and won't get priority for MY21. But your dealer is still making false statements. Your order date, doesn't determine your build date, your reservation timestamp will have more impact.

But if you want a MY22, then just have him code it as Priority 99

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you want a MY22 then you won't be getting an FE.
That's fine anyway. Last year was a very different time as far as finances go. I planned on downgrading anyway, and even if MY22 FE was an option I'd still have gone with the Badlands.

Well this is different. If you are changing to a Badlands, then that's not a FE, and won't get priority for MY21. But your dealer is still making false statements. Your order date, doesn't determine your build date, your reservation timestamp will have more impact.

But if you want a MY22, then just have him code it as Priority 99
Yeah, I was going to dump the FE altogether. I was all in for the FE until around late november when my grandfather passed. Long story short, we wound up buying out my mom and uncle and we'll be moving in next month, having a lot of upgrades and renovations to do. The disposable income is now going towards the house. Pushing off til MY22 is the better call financially, and I'm OK with losing out on the FE.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just had an interesting conversation with my dealer. I haven't converted my order yet, basically trying to get my finances in order but we're buying a new house that needs major renovations and probably won't be able to swing a MY21.

So I called the dealer, asking to convert my order and build it as a MY22. He said something to the effect of "well this late in the game, that's probably what's going to happen anyway, it all goes by timestamp. So I'll cancel your order and then you can touch base with us again when you're ready to build."

No no no, I said, I don't want the res canceled. So I explained the code 99 thing to delay the build til MY22 and he said "Yeah, we can definitely do that but, like I told you, it'd be a MY22 anyway."

I told him I have a 7/14 reservation for a First Edition. He told me it didn't matter, that they're running out of engines to put into the trucks.

I asked him, "So you're saying that if I convert my reservation now, as a First Edition, it's possible that I'll wind up with a MY22 FE?" He said "It's possible, it's very very likely at this point."

Then I asked him what would happen if I ordered the FE, and just didn't take delivery. What would happen, any penalty or anything and he said "I'm telling you, if you order it now you won't even see it until MY22, maybe even 23."

They're a well-respected dealer out here, but something just doesn't sound right. He was very quick to try to cancel the reservation. If I cancel my FE reservation, does the truck still get sent to the dealer? Is that why he's quick to cancel my reservation?

So is Ford really going to produce some MY22 FEs? That's something I haven't heard yet.

I literally just got off the phone, so this is all very fresh in my head.

He is not the best source of information. All First Editions will be 2021s. You can delay it until later in the year but if you want a 2022 it won’t be a FE. He doesn’t control your place in line. Ford does. The timestamp of the reservation will be a factor in the build order. The date of the order has nothing to do with it as long as you order by March 19th.

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's fine anyway. Last year was a very different time as far as finances go. I planned on downgrading anyway, and even if MY22 FE was an option I'd still have gone with the Badlands.
You keep your priority even with the downgrade.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
He is not the best source of information. All First Editions will be 2021s. You can delay it until later in the year but if you want a 2022 it won’t be a FE. He doesn’t control your place in line. Ford does. The timestamp of the reservation will be a factor in the build order. The date of the order has nothing to do with it as long as you order by March 19th.
I was under the assumption anyway that moving to MY22 would prevent me from getting the FE. And that's fine with me. Even if I was able to swing a MY21 I'd probably wind up dropping to Badlands anyway.

You keep your priority even with the downgrade.
Exactly what I told him I wanted. It just makes me wonder why his first solution was to cancel my reservation and have me start over. Unless he was trying to pressure me into keeping the res, by putting a little fear into me... Who knows.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer is speculating and poorly. Ford has already said that all 7,000 First Editions will be built for MY21. If you want a MY22 then you won't be getting an FE.
Fastest end to a thread ever. This is literally the whole story. :)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

yeah, I can't imagine that a 'First Edition' wouldn't come out this year. I'd even go so far as to guess that the reason some other models and trims are delayed or don't have the availability is because some of those part are hard allocated for the FE builds. 100% speculation there tho.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One thing I forgot to ask him, or maybe I did ask and he just didn't answer it or understand what I was asking... If I convert the order as a MY22 today as a Code 99, keeping my priority. How "locked in" am I? There's rumors about colors, options, editions, etc. for MY22... Would I be able to alter my build down the road if some option (white roof?) or edition comes along that's not available in the B&P right now?

Anyone have intel on that?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I was going to dump the FE altogether. I was all in for the FE until around late november when my grandfather passed. Long story short, we wound up buying out my mom and uncle and we'll be moving in next month, having a lot of upgrades and renovations to do. The disposable income is now going towards the house. Pushing off til MY22 is the better call financially, and I'm OK with losing out on the FE.
As the Judge @Judge Rufus said. Just tell him to code it "priority 99". That will put your Bronco on hold, and he will contact you again when the '22 order banks open. You just need to make sure he understands that you are changing to a Badlands. Keep the conservation simple. I have found that some salespeople are easily confused, because they have like 5 other sells floating around in there head.

OP
OP
Mitragorz

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As the Judge @Judge Rufus said. Just tell him to code it "priority 99". That will put your Bronco on hold, and he will contact you again when the '22 order banks open. You just need to make sure he understands that you are changing to a Badlands. Keep the conservation simple. I have found that some salespeople are easily confused, because they have like 5 other sells floating around in there head.
OK, so I think you just answered the question I posted right above you.

Converting the order now as a Priority 99, I'll still be able to adjust my build when we start ordering MY22s?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer has a first edition reservation at his place, they carry their own allocation. Gee, if he was... Incorrect, and the poster cancelled, the dealer mistakenly sends him his $100 in a check while forgetting to cancel... No, I can't think of a single reason a dealer would intentionally tell an FE reservation holder they won't get a truck for years and years. (A little vague on how a new reservation next year will get a truck faster though, no?)

Gadget

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3, 2021 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I forgot to ask him, or maybe I did ask and he just didn't answer it or understand what I was asking... If I convert the order as a MY22 today as a Code 99, keeping my priority. How "locked in" am I? There's rumors about colors, options, editions, etc. for MY22... Would I be able to alter my build down the road if some option (white roof?) or edition comes along that's not available in the B&P right now?

Anyone have intel on that?
Yes, you can absolutely change your build based on the MY 22 options. My order is coded as "99" and I will be able to revise my order once the MY 22 options are available. This was also documented in a recent email from the dealer:

As you may have read in national automotive publications, demand for 2021 Ford Bronco is far outpacing supply nationally. Ford has committed to being completely transparent in the Order to Delivery process. Once your order is placed, you can expect relevant updates from Ford and Team Ford Lincoln about your vehicle along the way. Because of this, and the fact that the 2021 model year Bronco is expected to be short to due production timing, some customers may in fact receive a 2022 model year vehicle. Again, it is imperative to get your order placed when the order bank opens so Team Ford Lincoln receives as many Bronco allocations as possible to fulfill our reservation holder lists. 2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries are expected to begin in June. For customers with later reservations that receive a 2022 Model Year Bronco there will be new roof options, exterior paint colors, vehicle options, special editions, etc. 2022 Model Year Deliveries are expected to start in January 2022.​

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK, so I think you just answered the question I posted right above you.

Converting the order now as a Priority 99, I'll still be able to adjust my build when we start ordering MY22s?
Yes sir, you will. You will need him to submit your build to Ford when you talk with him, and ask him to code it "99". That way Ford will know you want a '22, and they will not schedule it for a '21 build. Your salesperson is supposed to call you back when the '22 order banks open, and ask you if there are any changes you want to make. Or, you can leave it as it is.
Sponsored