First Edition Bronco Thread

What interior color do you want for the FE

• Total voters

StyleGuy

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Do we still get the 200,000 Ford Pass points if we switch to a Badlands with MIC? I really think they should just do all MY22 and extend the build year so we can still get an FE like we ordered with a Mod top. I'm not seeing anything real special about an FE now except the price. I may switch and get a mid level Badlands and let Ford work out all of the production issues before ordering again in a couple of years.

Advertisement

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Seirra, F150, Jeep Wrangler 4-Door
Clubs

I would be completely fine delaying my F.E. until MY22 if I could keep my order and wait for the black top. I think Ford is forcing the revenue to come in for their most expensive build for FY22.

There should be something worked out for F.E. orders. I don't want to let go of my reservation without any details about what we could order from the 22 lineup.

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor
My guess is ford knows we have zero chips here. If current FE holders don't buy them as they want to offer them, there are 10 others who will gladly take an MSRP FE with whatever top they bolt to it. I just hope the mechanicals aren't a pile either and anyone who had to have a MY21 is laughed at with small tweaks, fixes, and options for 22+ (ac seats, etc.)

I'd like the FE to be special, not a lemon. We might end up with both.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Good to know that someone is ok. Sounds like you had already moved on before the latest news based on your sig. Did you make your decision based on the late availability news from earlier this year?

I am with you on this. My wife is extremely upset. She really likes the mod top features. She is upset enough to drop the whole thing and stick with her 2012 VW Golf R. She was going to get a Lightning blue Bronco 2 door FE. She does not care about the wait just ensuring she gets what she wants. The constant changes as Ford continues to screw this up is giving her an extreme aversion to the brand. She was always a Chevy girl except for her desire to own a bronco. Maybe we will go old school like she always wanted.

My wife always wanted a white top. She may wait. I don’t know she is really pissed off. Waiting 2 years from a first night reservation is asking too much. She agrees that a MiC top at that price point is ridiculous.

We are looking at a Badlands as well. Positive is more color choices and MGV interior.

At the end of the day we are probably going to only buy one Bronco now if at all. Going to be a long weekend eating the shit sandwich that Ford provided.
Were in the same boat buddy. I reserved my FE bronco and while waiting I had the opportunity to buy my dream car (C7 Z06). I didn’t want to give my FE up so I asked my wife if she wanted it. Just when she was coming around to getting rid of her Grand Cherokee they pull the tops she wanted.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition (x2) & 2003 350Z Track
Clubs

What is and what could of been. 😪. I'm not going to lie the Black Mod would of looked fantastic. 😭
Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1) (1).jpg
View attachment 103151

Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1) (3).jpg
Are you going to live with the MIC or move on to another top option?

I will now be sporting a Trektop Soft Top From Bestop. Never wanted a soft top.
View attachment 103153

Thanks a lot FORD!!! I guess a have a new dog house for the yard.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

Are you going to live with the MIC or move on to another top option?

I will now be sporting a Trektop Soft Top From Bestop. Never wanted a soft top.
View attachment 103153

Thanks a lot FORD!!! I guess a have a new dog house for the yard.
I'm taking delivery of my FE with the Gray top and will order a Black MOD when they become available. Saving $1895 (diference between tops), $495 (Headliner credit), $1000 (Value of Ford points) and $700 (selling used MIC gray top). Total savings of $4090, which should be close to cost of New black MOD Hardtop from over the counter.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville, Toyota Camry
Clubs

My guess is ford knows we have zero chips here. If current FE holders don't buy them as they want to offer them, there are 10 others who will gladly take an MSRP FE with whatever top they bolt to it. I just hope the mechanicals aren't a pile either and anyone who had to have a MY21 is laughed at with small tweaks, fixes, and options for 22+ (ac seats, etc.)

I'd like the FE to be special, not a lemon. We might end up with both.
wait is that confirm? AC seats? That would be wonderful in Texas

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Clubs

I'm taking delivery of my FE with the Gray top and will order a Black MOD when they become available. Saving $1895 (diference between tops), $495 (Headliner credit), $1000 (Value of Ford points) and $700 (selling used MIC gray top). Total savings of $4090, which should be close to cost of New black MOD Hardtop from over the counter.
This is exactly my thinking as well. I was already on the fence between the MIC and the MOD top...wanted the glossy black but also didn’t want the scratches when I hit the trails. I had chosen the MOD, but now I’m fine with MIC...and will order the MOD later. I was glad to hear the MY21 and MY22 tops would be interchangeable. I’m hoping it isn’t too difficult to order one later. Now I need to install 2nd roof lift in my garage for storage...

OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Clubs

Auction day!!! Who’s going to flip their FE once we see someone paying $500k for 001v

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.MattBostonDesign.com
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Clubs

Man. This thread is full of Stockholm Syndrome victims. And I'm no exception. Resurrecting this thread and reading through it shows how much we've been through and how much more we're willing to take.

Modern Business 101: Appeal to your largest brand champions first. The ones that will pay the most money will hype your brand the most, thus ensuring its growth and value.

Ford did the exact opposite by fucking over First Edition holders the most instead appealing to them. There's <7000 of us. Wouldn't have killed them to sell us what they promised us, let us wait for the black top, or tell us what's coming next year so we can make an educated decision on whether or not to wait until next year. Being cryptic about editions/trims/features/colors for next year is officially bullshit.

Communication is the name of good business anymore.

DeltaBravo

First Name
Delta
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mother
Clubs

As someone who reserved an FE...

Badlands > FE

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
As someone who reserved an FE...

Badlands > FE
I’ve waffled between the FE and Badlands since day one and I’ve come to a different conclusion...

FE >= Badlands

If I could get the tow package on the FE, I’d drop the equal sign.

I’ve got a MY22 7/14 reservation to fallback on if I hate the FE when I go to pick it up. I just don’t see that happening, but I’m prepared if it does.

DeltaBravo

First Name
Delta
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mother
Clubs

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads

Advertisement