• Total voters

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor
After another call to ford yesterday, I've come to the following conclusion. I am fairly confident there will be more than 7000 produced, and all FE badges will be 1 of 7000 to avoid 'proving it'. After transferring my reservation to a different dealer, Ford cloned my FE reservation as opposed to moving it. I have confirmed this with multiple phone calls to the bronco team. They said everything looks normal in their system, one even told me to place the order on the 2nd one. I'm sure I'm not the only one...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

After another call to ford yesterday, I've come to the following conclusion. I am fairly confident there will be more than 7000 produced, and all FE badges will be 1 of 7000 to avoid 'proving it'. After transferring my reservation to a different dealer, Ford cloned my FE reservation as opposed to moving it. I have confirmed this with multiple phone calls to the bronco team. They said everything looks normal in their system, one even told me to place the order on the 2nd one. I'm sure I'm not the only one...
I think alot of folks canceled their First Edition reservations. If you go by the 70% conversion rate that would leave about 2100 units unsold, probably why they have extras. I don't think they'll produce any more or any less than the 7000. IMO Ford should of made all the FE's Lightning Blue with the BLack interiors. Then we would of had exclusive Paint and exclusive interiors, and no delays with our orders.

Last edited:

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor
I really hope you're right. I haven't got any positive bronco news in the past few months, just sticking with the trend.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
Stacy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 BMW X2, '14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Clubs

I think alot of folks canceled their First Edition reservations. If you go by the 70% conversion rate that would leave about 2100 units unsold, probably why they have extras. I don't think they'll produce any more or any less than the 7000. IMO Ford should of made all the FE's Lightning Blue with the BLack interiors. Then we would of had exclusive Paint and exclusive interiors, and no delays with our orders.
They've already confirmed there will be less than 7000 built to "maintain exclusivity" due to cancelations and trim swaps. They will confirm final number at the end of MY21. I just hope they do us proper and send out the numbered tags that we can screw on ourselves.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
They've already confirmed there will be less than 7000 built to "maintain exclusivity" due to cancelations and trim swaps. They will confirm final number at the end of MY21. I just hope they do us proper and send out the numbered tags that we can screw on ourselves.
You’d think they’d know the final number on April 8th. That’s the last day that anyone with A FE can change their order. I think after that what ever is scheduled to be built will be.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
Stacy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 BMW X2, '14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Clubs

You’d think they’d know the final number on April 8th. That’s the last day that anyone with A FE can change their order. I think after that what ever is scheduled to be built will be.
I'm sure they will, but I am just pointing out what they said in the statement.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited, 2020 Tesla Model Y
Fact check: this is not true. You can change your order until a VIN is assigned.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
I'm sure they will, but I am just pointing out what they said in the statement.
Yes I’ve read it. I hope they stick to it and not build the cancelled ones that would be nice.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Fact check: this is not true. You can change your order until a VIN is assigned.
I should of been more clear. April 8th is the last day to decide if you want to convert your reservation to a 2022. At that time they should have a clear picture of how many FE they will be building.

StyleGuy

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
I reluctantly switched to the MIC. I was really looking forward to the black Mod top. Hopefully they'll allow us to order one later from parts. I may use the Fordpass points to purchase a soft top. If they end up cancelling the black interior I'm out on the FE. I'm on the edge of switching already.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
I reluctantly switched to the MIC. I was really looking forward to the black Mod top. Hopefully they'll allow us to order one later from parts. I may use the Fordpass points to purchase a soft top. If they end up cancelling the black interior I'm out on the FE. I'm on the edge of switching already.
Has there been any indication that the black interior on the FE might not happen?

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor
The optimism here is helpful. I'm coming around to embracing the positivity.

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads

Advertisement