Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Picking up my dirt mt FE sometime this week. I think I may be the last one out of the pen.
Apparently thereā€™s a DM two with QC holds on several 10/25 week builds šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For you guys wrapping your FEā€™s with PPF, how are you dealing with the decals on the hood and doors? Are you covering them with PPF? Putting PPF around them? Removing them and putting them over the PPF?

my installer called me tonight and asked me how he Should proceed. I told him to put PPF over the decals, but I wasnā€™t prepared for the question. Thoughts?
Iā€™m definitely removing them. Going to do my own matte black stripping afterwords. I donā€™t care for the look of ppf over stickers.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't get in to get my Bronco PPF'd until February. But I have a feeling they'll ask the same question.

I have no idea which I'll do, but wrapping over them is what I had in mind. But I also don't know if I'm going to do a matte or gloss wrap. Fudge.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My installer is removing the decals. He purchased replacement decals to put over the PPF. Here is a video he did on someone else's.
Bronco PPF and Ceramic
Cool video. That looks expensive. But now Iā€™m rethinking putting PPF over the decals. I like the matte look of them. Iā€™ll stick with my decision and if I hate it Iā€™ll have them redo it in a few months.

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have no idea which I'll do, but wrapping over them is what I had in mind. But I also don't know if I'm going to do a matte or gloss wrap. Fudge.
Same. On your Cactus Gray I think a matte finish looks sharp. On my Lightning Blue Iā€™d lean towards gloss if I end up wrapping.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For you guys wrapping your FEā€™s with PPF, how are you dealing with the decals on the hood and doors? Are you covering them with PPF? Putting PPF around them? Removing them and putting them over the PPF?

my installer called me tonight and asked me how he Should proceed. I told him to put PPF over the decals, but I wasnā€™t prepared for the question. Thoughts?
I orginally was going to have my installer use the XPEL template for the First Edition that has cut outs for the graphics. The installer recommended not using the template based on the possibility of variations in placement of the decals from the factory.

We also discussed wrapping over the FE graphics and vendor badges; however, it would leave a slight air pocket that looks like a white line around the graphics and gloss over the flat black portions of the FE graphics. Removing the fender badges and reapplying would also increase the depth of the fender badge. They did not have any adhesive as thin as the factory adhesive.

In the end they are cutting around the FE graphics and fender badges, this maintains the original matte appearance from Ford and also protects the painted surfaces. I will post pics once I get my Bronco shipped down from Granger.

Last edited:

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Around $3k
Full ppf and ceramic coating for only 3k? If thatā€™s the price they quoted you, get it in writing asap! Thatā€™s incredibly cheap for both applications.

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Around $3k
About how much does something like shown in the video cost?
Full ppf and ceramic coating for only 3k? If thatā€™s the price they quoted you, get it in writing asap! Thatā€™s incredibly cheap for both applications.
Sorry. The $3k is for PPF. The ceramic is $1k.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m still on Dirt Mountain with no updates.
Yeah, same here and I think there are more left there than we'd like to know. I was set to ship 10/3, then airbag recall 10/4. Missed by a day and now I don't expect to see it until Spring if lucky.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Around $3k

Sorry. The $3k is for PPF. The ceramic is $1k.
Thatā€™s still very good pricing based off what weā€™ve seen posted. Congrats! Mind sharing the installer name and location?
Sponsored