First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Of course I don't know more than any of you, and probably less, but I am the only FE at my dealer and I've yet to hear anything either.
Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have no inside info, but this is my best guess on how this works for FE orders:

Each month a dealer is given their allocation. FE seems to be a separate allocation and given a week before the other models. It seems like this first month dealers were given 1 or 2 FE orders; however, it likely depends on the region. The priority orders didn't apply for FE. Since the black interior is no longer late availability it seems like all FE orders will be processed in the order of the timestamp. Hopefully dealers get more than 2 FE orders each month otherwise those of us at a dealership with a ton of FE orders will be waiting much longer than we would at a dealer with less FE or if we would have switched to a different model.
That is far too rational a take. :)

I wonder how they allocated this first batch to dealers. My guy hasn't heard anything from Ford and doesn't see any orders in his system that have been scheduled. Not sure if he had any priority orders but the priority orders clearly impacted how many FEs got through this first round. I'd imagine more FEs would go through next time since there won't be competition.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think my FE reservation secured at 10:40pm EDT on July 13 was probably the 7000th one. I guess I'll stop looking for that email for another few months.

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have no inside info, but this is my best guess on how this works for FE orders:

Each month a dealer is given their allocation. FE seems to be a separate allocation and given a week before the other models. It seems like this first month dealers were given 1 or 2 FE orders; however, it likely depends on the region. The priority orders didn't apply for FE. Since the black interior is no longer late availability it seems like all FE orders will be processed in the order of the timestamp. Hopefully dealers get more than 2 FE orders each month otherwise those of us at a dealership with a ton of FE orders will be waiting much longer than we would at a dealer with less FE or if we would have switched to a different model.
If this were the actual process then I would have got a email from Ford. I have a FE reserved and Iā€™m #1 at my dealer and I have worked for Ford for 25 years but unfortunately that doesnā€™t matter either. Not sure how they are pulling orders lol. Only thing I can think of is that my FE is Rapid Red and I havenā€™t seen anybody that has that color get a email so maybe they are building them in color batches. I give up trying to figure it out and I will just wait patiently šŸ˜‚

Boulot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Of course I don't know more than any of you, and probably less, but I am the only FE at my dealer and I've yet to hear anything either.
I am in the same boat. The only FE order at my dealership, & I did not get an email.

Sponsored

Eisenhower19

First Edition
First Name
Brenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150, Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same I am 1 of 3 and I know for sure that another of the 3 did not either. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think my FE reservation secured at 10:40pm EDT on July 13 was probably the 7000th one. I guess I'll stop looking for that email for another few months.
My reservation is on 7/13 @ 10:07 EST. I haven't received an email either :cry:

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If this is the truth of the situation, I'm so fucked. Haha. I think my local dealer and all-around-cool-dude @Gloff at Serremonte has a hefty chunk of First Edition reservations. Ten, if I remember correctly.

So if only two FE's get built per dealer per month... I don't wanna think about how late I'll be.
I'm at the same dealership as you and I recall Sean telling me about 10 FE many months ago. From your post earlier I think I have a slightly earlier timestamp than you. It will be interesting how these get allocated and I hope I'm wrong with my calculations or I hope they give Serramonte a lot more than 2 FE in the next allocation.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If this were the actual process then I would have got a email from Ford. I have a FE reserved and Iā€™m #1 at my dealer and I have worked for Ford for 25 years but unfortunately that doesnā€™t matter either. Not sure how they are pulling orders lol. Only thing I can think of is that my FE is Rapid Red and I havenā€™t seen anybody that has that color get a email so maybe they are building them in color batches. I give up trying to figure it out and I will just wait patiently šŸ˜‚
Yeah, I guess it could get more complicated based on paint availability and 2 door vs 4 door. I also think Ford will probably limit the total number of FE going to any region at any one time. Perhaps I'm over analyzing this a bit, but we have all been waiting a long time ;)

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I predict there's no way they'd send order emails for FE only once a month. They wouldn't burn up all the commodities to build other units to push FE order holders way out to the end of the year

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™m starting to wonder if some dealers just didnā€™t make it to this first build. My dealer has ~25 allocations for 2021, which should translate to about 4-5 builds per month. My contact there isnā€™t aware of any orders that were scheduled. Iā€™m #3 on the list and thereā€™s one FE in front of me. Given that math youā€™d think they would have gotten a few scheduled. But then I realize there are 3000+ dealers, priority orders, etc....just canā€™t figure out how itā€™s being distributed.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I went into the dealer and waited 1.5 hours and all he said was I was in the second batch of FE orders...kinda bummed at this point super early timestamp means nadda....
I am wondering what are your specs?

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No email yet.

4dr CG black interior

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had several different generations of Ford trucks and it is extremely rare that the wiring connectors are not present at the rear of the vehicle to connect the trailer plug if the vehicle wasn't ordered with the tow package.

My guess is that the trailer hitch accessory (MB3Z-19D520-A Trailer Hitch Kit-Assembly) will include the hitch, bolts, wiring plug/pigtail and the necessary fuses/relays for the fuse box. I'll certainly find out because I'll be ordering it.

After some digging and talking to a service tech at another dealership (not my local one, but another about 20 mi away gave me this answer and based on on the hitch installs they do on the Rangers):

At a minimum, you will need two parts:

MB3Z-19D520-A Tow Hitch Assembly Installation Kit
Hitch receiver and bolts/spacers only. No wiring components.
No harness in this P/N
FT1Z-15A416-A 4-pin wiring harness - taps into taillight
harness, mounts to hitch assembly.

If you also want to add the 7-pin connector, you need 2 additional parts:
KB3Z-15K868-D 7-pin wiring harness - Replaces Park aid harness
to add the 7-wire towing harness connector.
FU5Z-14489-A Bumper mount to hold both 4-pin and 7-pin connectors).
4-pin moves from the hitch assy. to the bumper to be
in the same spot.

And if you want to add the trailer brake control:
VM2DZ-2C006-A Trailer brake control: Same LUMEN kit used for the Ranger.
Pain to install, but worth it if you need it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After some digging and talking to a service tech at another dealership (not my local one, but another about 20 mi away gave me this answer and based on on the hitch installs they do on the Rangers):

At a minimum, you will need two parts:

MB3Z-19D520-A Tow Hitch Assembly Installation Kit
Hitch receiver and bolts/spacers only. No wiring components.
No harness in this P/N
FT1Z-15A416-A 4-pin wiring harness - taps into taillight
harness, mounts to hitch assembly.

If you also want to add the 7-pin connector, you need 2 additional parts:
KB3Z-15K868-D 7-pin wiring harness - Replaces Park aid harness
to add the 7-wire towing harness connector.
FU5Z-14489-A Bumper mount to hold both 4-pin and 7-pin connectors).
4-pin moves from the hitch assy. to the bumper to be
in the same spot.

And if you want to add the trailer brake control:
VM2DZ-2C006-A Trailer brake control: Same LUMEN kit used for the Ranger.
Pain to install, but worth it if you need it.
This is great info, thank you. Do you know if the trailer will integrate into the dash electronics using these parts?
Sponsored