Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Give your dealer a call. I’d be willing to bet you can’t make any changes.
I’ve been told no but with all this “news” coming I’d be surprised they didn’t give us an option. I hate to say it but I can always cancel 🤷🏼‍♂️ Or I can take delivery and sell for a profit. I don’t have a VIN yet just Priority 1.
Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Let's say the worst case scenario plays out - the MIC top situation is FUBAR and they won't produce any more for MY21. Where does that leave them/us with the FEs? Would they switch gears and consider shipping with a soft top? I hope it doesn't come to that and they can eek out MIC tops for the run of FEs (even though the ones they are producing are likely garbage.) But at this point nothing would surprise me.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There's no way they scrap FE's for MY21. There is probably just enough tops to pass muster to fulfill FE orders, or will at least ship with the "good" ones and offer replacement/updated tops later. Premier already said FE's are moving forward, so did another MAP person. We're about to see the real added value of the FE, just you wait 😎

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's no way they scrap FE's for MY21. There is probably just enough tops to pass muster to fulfill FE orders, or will at least ship with the "good" ones and offer replacement/updated tops later. Premier already said FE's are moving forward, so did another MAP person. We're about to see the real added value of the FE, just you wait 😎
What's likely is that they want to make the absolute minimum number of MIC tops that they can since they will all likely need to be replaced. So yeah, only fulfill the FE orders and limit the recalls.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks like they won't even make the remaining FE's until the new design comes our AND they have made all replacements for everything produced so far. Meanwhile soft top builds are a go, and FE order holders are stuck with no choices especially if we already have a vin.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The upside of the top issues is that we finally get our FIRST Edition Broncos as in FIRST produced. Does not look like there is really going to be that many Broncos produced in 2021 and we will be a huge percentage of the overall 2021 #.

Edit: Of course they will be delivered in Dec 2021, January 2022, February 2022. LOL

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks like they won't even make the remaining FE's until the new design comes our AND they have made all replacements for everything produced so far. Meanwhile soft top builds are a go, and FE order holders are stuck with no choices especially if we already have a vin.
No way they can make that many new tops and still ship all FE this year. FE will get priority behind the scenes I bet 😎 My FE will be built today, this should be interesting to watch 😂

Trav

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No way they can make that many new tops and still ship all FE this year. FE will get priority behind the scenes I bet 😎 My FE will be built today, this should be interesting to watch 😂
Are you sure yours will be built today? Mine is scheduled for tomorrow but not sounding too promising. Also won't you likely have to wait until October/November for the new hard tops?

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wondering the same thing, truly wondering about the overall timing for anyone. we got the news a while ago they got a new top supplier, right? wonder how much progress has really gotten made since then.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you sure yours will be built today? Mine is scheduled for tomorrow but not sounding too promising. Also won't you likely have to wait until October/November for the new hard tops?
That's why I say it will be interesting to watch! It'll be one of the few MY21, I know that for sure. I chose to look at the positive unlike 90% of the responses I've seen today. Ultimately I would have preferred to take shipment with a top that will be replaced, but it appears I just missed the boat for that option.

Sponsored

Bronco720

First Edition
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Bronco, 2008 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved the First Edition, but will be backing down to the Badlands.

I want the Lux and Sasquatch packages, the 2.7L engine, and a hard top (probably the light grey top and front grill).

Really my only concerns are with the color choice (gotta have Blue!!), the carpeted floor (need the rubber floor), and lack of front stabilizer bar disconnect (I am getting everything else, so want that too :D).

My end price will probably be almost the same as the FE.

I am hoping the Ford X-Plan works...
The X-Plan worked with my wife's FE Bronco sport.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It sure is a shitty situation. I can’t say that I’m surprised. All the hints were there that this would happen. What irritates me is soft top orders get a pass and we don’t have the option to switch to it. I wouldn’t, but I know someone else waiting for their FE would. Once they get a grasp on how many tops can be made they’ll develop a plan to clear the yards and build the remaining first editions.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It sure is a shitty situation. I can’t say that I’m surprised. All the hints were there that this would happen. What irritates me is soft top orders get a pass and we don’t have the option to switch to it. I wouldn’t, but I know someone else waiting for their FE would. Once they get a grasp on how many tops can be made they’ll develop a plan to clear the yards and build the remaining first editions.
Be honest. The soft top is complete garbage. It looks like shit, scratches the paint, tears easily and scratches the opening of your garage door when left in the half open position 😜

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My FE was built 6 weeks ago. It has been sitting in that mud hole of a holding lot ever since. Now I’m told that ideally (if they don’t screw up the new top) it will continue to sit there until likely November. Can’t anyone say LOT ROT?

Oh I’m pumped. Pumped about the new TRD Pro I’m about to go buy. Good riddance FORD.
Sponsored