First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
  1. Getting the AR Stirrups for my wife. It IS fun watching her try to get in, though.
  2. I bought the Gatorback mudflaps from Varsity Ford. Expensive but worth it, IMO... Especially for a FE. Installed quick and look great.
  3. Definitely recommend PPF. My PPF is getting put on right now. Those Sas tires LOVE to throw rocks. Also, I seem to be a gravel magnet for things getting thrown AT me on the highway. Sucks.
Hey there. Where are you getting your PPF done? Cost if you don't mind saying?
Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alright, got some questions for my fellow FE owners (and soon to be owners) and curious what if anything you will be doing/buying.
  1. Side steps/runners - I'm fine with the SAS height but the wife and kids are finding it a little much getting in and out of the Bronco. Other than not driving them anywhere (tempting as that is)...is anyone adding side steps, runners, etc? I've looked at the Ford options, Rhino RB20 boards or DSS (all needing removal of rock rails) or the single Stirrup steps from AR that mount to the rock rail. Is anyone planning to add something similar?
  2. Mud flaps - the Territorys throw rocks like a champ and some mud flaps seem required. There's the $50 Ford option that needs to be cut to work with the rock rails (and may not fit the rear bumper?), or the more expensive Gatorback flaps that work with rock rails. Any other Sasquatch option out yet?
  3. If I add runners or side steps will those alone protect enough against thrown rocks or are mud flaps also recommended? (And I suppose depending on which side steps/runners are added the rock rails come off and then the $50 mud flaps will work...)
  4. Roof rack - any solutions out there for this? Still waiting to talk to the parts guy at the dealer about the OEM rack.
  5. Tow hitch/package - same
  6. How are your supposed MIC 2.0 roofs holding up? My driver panel (shown below) is all honeycombed and can see a faint pattern developing on the passenger and rear section. I'm guessing I have a mix of 1.0 and 2.0 panels.
I’m going with the 4wp sidesteps. Hopefully they’ll help shield a bit of the gravel too. If I find they are compatible with the ridiculously expensive mudflaps, I’ll probably get those too with my no MOD-top credit bucks. I’ll eventually add a tow hitch, but am willing to wait for more options/recommendations.

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you get the flaps with the Bronco lettering or the bucking Bronco?
Bucking Bronco, BUT since I think 4 Bucking Broncs are a bit too much, I bought 2 blank plates for the front pair...so, in a couple of weeks it'll be blank at the front and horses in the back.

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there. Where are you getting your PPF done? Cost if you don't mind saying?
Diamond Auto Tinting in Tukwila.

Dude is super OCD and won't do anything that he says won't be "perfect". He did my friend's AMG GT-S and my 2019 MX-5.

All in all, it'll be a little over 10% of the total cost of the whole Bronco. I'm sure you can figure that out... if not, DM me and I'll let you know the exact cost when I pick it up on Thursday or Friday. :)

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bucking Bronco, BUT since I think 4 Bucking Broncs are a bit too much, I bought 2 blank plates for the front pair...so, in a couple of weeks it'll be blank at the front and horses in the back.
Where did you find the blank plates?

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m 10/11 build and have been in production since the 10/18 with no other movement in the tracker.. should I be worried
I've been in production since the 25th of October. Only email I've received from Ford is my "scheduled" email back on September 5th. Allegedly an ETA of the 19Nov but seeing how that's three days from now I'm not holding my breath.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

musicman

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picking up my dirt mt FE sometime this week. I think I may be the last one out of the pen.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Picking up my dirt mt FE sometime this week. I think I may be the last one out of the pen.
Mine was never on dirt mt, but it wasn’t built until 11/1 I think. Still waiting on delivery.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For you guys wrapping your FE’s with PPF, how are you dealing with the decals on the hood and doors? Are you covering them with PPF? Putting PPF around them? Removing them and putting them over the PPF?

my installer called me tonight and asked me how he Should proceed. I told him to put PPF over the decals, but I wasn’t prepared for the question. Thoughts?

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For you guys wrapping your FE’s with PPF, how are you dealing with the decals on the hood and doors? Are you covering them with PPF? Putting PPF around them? Removing them and putting them over the PPF?

my installer called me tonight and asked me how he Should proceed. I told him to put PPF over the decals, but I wasn’t prepared for the question. Thoughts?
My installer is removing the decals. He purchased replacement decals to put over the PPF. Here is a video he did on someone else's.
Bronco PPF and Ceramic

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

So I was asked the same thing. I initially planned to have the decals cut around so the matte showed through.

However! My wife didn't love the matte and my gear-head friends ALSO didn't like the matte (I did NOT see that one coming). So,
I'm wrapping over the decals.

The good news: my installer checked with Ford and the replacement stripes are available, in case I super hate it.

So, I'm kinda... interested to see how it comes out?

Should be done Thursday and I'll do my best to get y'all pics ASAP.
Sponsored