Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something I’ve tried visualizing and thinking I’d really like, but it just doesn’t look right. 6th Gen. Is it’s own animal. A nice tip of the cap for Ford to pay homage to 1st Gen., but nothing new will compete with that look.
Sponsored

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would really like to see a bumper package like those. Don't even need them in chrome although it could look really good if done right. I just like a simple bumper style. I used Next Venture on my Wrangler and it did the trick - I don't really like their Bronco bumpers, too many cutouts and large skid plate (not something I am really going to need much). The rendering by Flat Out Autos was also very cool

OP
OP
Manx

Manx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't they wrap a Mod bumper in chrome?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manx

Manx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Couldn't they wrap a Mod bumper in chrome?
Considered it. I think the shape is wrong. In fact I think the shape may be more important than the finish

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A quick thought about this...does Ford produce bumper sensors in different colors? That's be an important detail, since otherwise the black sensors would look terrible

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the desire to turn the clock back, but I think there's a lot of good reasons chrome bumpers went away, same as black and white TV.
Didn't know they did. A lot of of vehicles offer chrome packages yet. There's still a lot of folks who like chrome.

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've seen a few 6th gen Broncos with chromed or polished bumpers similar to the first gen. Here's another one. Anyone have more information on the source of these?

Screenshot 2023-08-31 085301.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 085221.png
Hey man - absolutely love your build - do you have a link to where you got your grill? Or did you make it yourself??

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I understand the heritage look and chrome is not for everyone, but yes, I'm nostalgic and though many are into blacking it all out, I am still fine with chrome (or as they say in the industry -brightwork, which includes stainless and polished aluminum, etc.)

That said, I am okay with the bumpers as they are now, and I'm pleased with the way my first gen tribute has turned out so far, but that's not going to stop me from thinking about ways to possible tweak it and improve it to my satisfaction. It mostly checks all the boxes for me - modern daily driver with a somewhat vintage look. The alternative could have been a restomod of an old Bronco and modern amenities, but that can be more expensive and still falls a little short of being as good, safe & quiet as most newer cars.

Yes, heavy metal bumpers went away, but there were no air bags or ABS on the originals either. It's hard to have everything. This is my compromise - a retro-mod or some say modern vintage or back-dated
im starting my retro build now man on my black 2 door basemansquatch - trying to find a good Red - Orange - yellow stripe kit that isnt too over the top - hard to find. Also, would love to get your thoughts on a possible chrome grill - not sure if they were ever in play in the 60s/ 70s - i see white and same color , but chrome on the black seems like it would be perfect, Red FORD lettering.

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not a fan of the blade bumpers in the video at all but here's a few ways that's been done semi-retro right using the modular bumper, at least IMO:

The Pope Francis Center Bronco:

1.JPG

and the Raptor:

3geb8NMz-vqKn4ykwgX-(edit).jpg
Best Raptor ive ever seen - that is f-ing AWESOME
Sponsored