Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

>>>>Give me an EV that looks like an ICE vehicle and you may convert me.

Absolutely. Never was against EVs. I was against tiny rollerskates on wheels that I can't even fit inside. Give me a normal style vehicle with a proven battery set and enough power to drive and I'm in.
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That’s just one trim we seen like you said there could be like a lightning gt model thats the sportier version there will prob be a platinum version
I'd be willing to bet that there will not be a standard cab version, or a lowered version, or a version with a 'body kit' for the first year. But It doesn't really matter what my speculation is because we will find out tomorrow.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just like with the Mustang, Ford is trying to leverage brand names they own that really resignate with people.

Contrary to what another poster suggested in terms of designing EVs for people that want them vs ICE styling, this will be a hit. Think about it in terms of your local construction company and fleets. F150 is iconic and serves a purpose. It's not meant to be a Cyber Truck or cater to the crowd that wants that style of vehicle.
I was that other poster lol.

I understand what Ford is trying to do with their branding. Ford knows people like their F-150 and Mustang and Bronco. Ford is terrified that customers might not like their electric vehicles. Therefore Ford is bringing out the "big guns" in advertising a CUV that "drives like a mustang"(repeat 1000x hoping customers actually believe them). They think this will work because they have had good success with marketing nostalgia with the new Bronco and the 2005 Mustang.

Honestly my only complaints about the Mach-E is data collection, fake engine noise, and that they are so obsessed with claiming it's a mustang. The strategy is really reminiscent of New Coke or Windows 8 where a company pushes something too hard that people don't like out of fear of irrelevance because they are losing market share to some sexy young competitor project.

I presume that electric vehicles that look like ICE will actually be cool at some point in the future. But I'd argue that is 10-20 years away and right now it just looks like trash.

Last edited:

MiamiDubai

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Until you can fully recharge an electric vehicle in 15-20min, internal combustion will have a very long life. Range isn’t the issue, it’s charge time. The best at home charging can do right now with 220/240 power, 30-35miles of charge per hour.
The Model 3 can charge from 0-80% in 20 mins at a 120kw supercharger.

Most of the time when you charge at home it’s overnight and you’ll have a full tank of electrons when you wake up.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The convenience argument over electric vs gas is so often repeated that I wish people would just get over it. They are different technologies with different strengths and weaknesses and with all the hybrid stuff out there you can try to enjoy both together(thought that presents it's own separate problems).

If you park at night somewhere where you can charge and you do not drive excessively. And you rarely go on long road trips then an EV is undoubtedly going to be fine for your needs.

If you don't live somewhere where charging is convenient or you go on long frequent roadtrips an EV will probably be inconvenient.

EVs will probably have fewer mechanical issues. Gas vehicles are less likely to leave you stranded. Hybrids are goofy and complicated but convenient and get excellent gas mileage(in stop and go traffic) and some have a lot of power in exchange for that complexity.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until you can fully recharge an electric vehicle in 15-20min, internal combustion will have a very long life. Range isn’t the issue, it’s charge time. The best at home charging can do right now with 220/240 power, 30-35miles of charge per hour.
30-35 covers most people’s daily driving. Infrastructure is coming along quickly. Not saying it won’t take another decade, but I have a feeling that the Bronco will be the last conventionally powered vehicle I will buy.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That front wrap around head light reminds me of something.

0B43B900-E694-4D59-957B-E26C13C88A3C.jpeg

B373374A-657D-45A4-A7D0-FF76C934FE67.jpeg

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Motorcycles will be powered by liquid fuel longer without the battery density to give them more than a maximum scooter-speed range of 95 miles.... ahem, Harley LiveWire (dream of 146 but combined is 95?).
LOL. Riigghhhtt.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any pics of how big the TV screen is stuck on the dash?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Until they figure out range and fast charging, what's the point for an EV for many people....not to mention the infrastructure of charging stations and how electriity is generated. Green, my azz.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the transit I’ve never owned one but I love seeing what people use them for from campers to construction they serve an important role!
I love my Ford Transit Connect, it is a great little van. It can accomplish 90% of what a truck can, probably 50% more effectively. At at much less cost.

An EV version would be amazing.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The convenience argument over electric vs gas is so often repeated that I wish people would just get over it. They are different technologies with different strengths and weaknesses and with all the hybrid stuff out there you can try to enjoy both together(thought that presents it's own separate problems).

If you park at night somewhere where you can charge and you do not drive excessively. And you rarely go on long road trips then an EV is undoubtedly going to be fine for your needs.

If you don't live somewhere where charging is convenient or you go on long frequent roadtrips an EV will probably be inconvenient.

EVs will probably have fewer mechanical issues. Gas vehicles are less likely to leave you stranded. Hybrids are goofy and complicated but convenient and get excellent gas mileage(in stop and go traffic) and some have a lot of power in exchange for that complexity.
This. Vehicles are tools and You select the proper tool for the job or task.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs