xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
that thing is so fast! 0-60 in 4.0 sec! i'll reserve one tomorrow evening!
Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean they already have the powerboost which goes between the 3.5 and the 10 speed so I imagine it isnt going to be hard to have that in the other vehicles so a hybrid is really doable

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last year I would have thought this to be a crazy statement, but the Mach-E is changing my mind. I am very intrigued by Ford's future electric lineup.
im more intrigued by the electric Porsche Macan that is coming out.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lightning? Nope, this is a Lightning! :cool:

Ford Bronco First look at production F-150 Lightning EV. 2021 Broncos make a cameo BDB6827C-C9CE-4BC0-B286-A63FCBA187F1

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Broncos are there to announce an EV version of the Bronco in '22 sign me up

A small part of me feels like buying a car with an internal combustion engine is like buying a VCR in the mid 90's. DVD's haven't taken over yet, but everyone sees them coming.
Until you can fully recharge an electric vehicle in 15-20min, internal combustion will have a very long life. Range isn’t the issue, it’s charge time. The best at home charging can do right now with 220/240 power, 30-35miles of charge per hour.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might not be popular saying this, but I don‘t like the look of the new Ford Lightning. I also am not a fan of the regular F-150 either (from a styling standpoint).

I will be tuning into the reveal tomorrow night, and am very interested to learn more about the truck. I do anticipate there will be cool features and metrics on this truck; my dislike is simply the exterior styling so far.

When I look what Ford did with the Bronco and nailing its styling, plus everything else (from what I can see; still haven’t physically seen or driven one of course), I question the Lightning design. I’m sure it will be a very successful vehicle though. I also give kudo’s to Ford for releasing multiple “new” vehicles the past year or so, from the Mach-E to the Bronco’s to the Lightning. An exciting time for sure!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco First look at production F-150 Lightning EV. 2021 Broncos make a cameo tenor

Electric F-150 looks like a design miss to me. You'd think that image is poorly photoshopped with the signature lighting, but it's just a video screenshot. Electric vehicles don't need Intercooler bumpers(yes I realize they are probably using it to cool the batteries) or grilles so they look awkward and out of place.

Ford is currently marketing it's electric vehicles like they are scared ICE customers wont want them; like they are inferior to ICE vehicles. That's a big mistake because it sends the message Ford doesn't trust their own vehicle designs. They need to double down on what electric vehicles do well IE instant torque, less style restrictions, topped off every night, convenient power on tap, quiet ride. Instead I think Ford is focusing on downplaying what they suck at(no cool engine noises, range anxiety, fears that customers are losing out on the mustang/f-150 heritage buying something new from the ground up).

Hey Ford. Stop marketing your electric cars to ICE customers that don't want an EV. Market them to customers that actually want an EV in that segment.
it dose t look bad but I was hoping for something sportier like the svt lightning

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Motorcycles will be powered by liquid fuel longer without the battery density to give them more than a maximum scooter-speed range of 95 miles.... ahem, Harley LiveWire (dream of 146 but combined is 95?).
Zero Motorcycles claims 112 on the Hwy, and 223 in the city with a combined range of 150 miles. I test rode one once, weird to have all that torque and acceleration without any noise.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's kind of meh to me, just doesn't look too unique. Nothing screams Lightning to me seeing it other than the headlights
It's got nothing to do with
it dose t look bad but I was hoping for something sportier like the svt lightning
Obvious case of Lightning being too cool of a name for an electric truck to not use. The fact that it poops all over the SVT Lightning's heritage(except for 0-60 times) is unfortunate, but can you think of a more fitting name for an electric truck? Because I can't. It's an obvious choice in hindsight. Hopefully there will be an SVT throwback edition at some point, but high ground clearance with supercrew cabs are where the money is.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Obvious case of Lightning being too cool of a name for an electric truck to not use. The fact that it poops all over the SVT Lightning's heritage(except for 0-60 times) is unfortunate, but can you think of a more fitting name for an electric truck? Because I can't. It's an obvious choice in hindsight. Hopefully there will be an SVT throwback edition at some point, but high ground clearance with supercrew cabs are where the money is.
That’s just one trim we seen like you said there could be like a lightning gt model thats the sportier version there will prob be a platinum version

Unit91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just like with the Mustang, Ford is trying to leverage brand names they own that really resignate with people.

Contrary to what another poster suggested in terms of designing EVs for people that want them vs ICE styling, this will be a hit. Think about it in terms of your local construction company and fleets. F150 is iconic and serves a purpose. It's not meant to be a Cyber Truck or cater to the crowd that wants that style of vehicle.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero Motorcycles claims 112 on the Hwy, and 223 in the city with a combined range of 150 miles. I test rode one once, weird to have all that torque and acceleration without any noise.
I need a pondering/interesting reaction emoji @Administrator

Most Harleys get real world 40+mpg and I used to get 50 on a Sportster riding like an idiot, so the need for an electric motorcycle is a tough case to make. I really want to test one for a week, but I'd have to come up with some gimmicky YouTube channel where I pretended to be excited over everything all the time and ignore big manufacturers' flaws and shortcomings; female instead of male secondary sex characteristics would help views too.

What is the topic of this thread again?
Sponsored