Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We picked up our first ever new vehicle in the form of a 2024 Wildtrak 2 door on Friday. Got it for less than a loaded Badlands, at that! Already ordered a bunch of creature comfort items for it and can’t wait to start wheeling.

What do you all think are some MUST HAVES when it comes to a 6gen? I know the tie rods are a weak point, and we are going to be doing an intake and exhaust in the near future. But what’s one thing, or multiple things, that you wish you would have bought sooner??

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_7407.jpeg
Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats on your Bronco! 2 Doors are awesome!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got some hood lift struts for Christmas, and they are actually nice to have.

The particular set I got, lifts the hood up a bit more than stock, and also are the variety that don't interfere when leaning over the fender from the side.

As a bonus, I can flip the hood lever and then step back as the hood rises, to see if any raccoons are on my engine, without getting attacked. (Yeah, I'm currently in a life or death battle with raccoons invading the engine compartment.)

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see you are also a man of taste and culture.

Honestly it's pretty good to go straight out of the box. Whatever creature comforts and quality of life things you want will be cool but not necessary.

All weather floor mats, some cargo hooks for the rear to hang bags from, some ditch lights will help at night off-road. That's about all I would say are MUST have.

On a personal note, 2-door Cactus Gray is by far the best looking combo out there. Well played, king.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First add-on: 74W portals. Just kidding!

At a minimum, consider ppf along the bottom of the doors. You'll get lot of rock chips, so find a way to protect the lower door panels (mudflaps, protective rock rails, etc).

The black fender flares, at least around here, get stained pretty easy. I wish I had put a ceramic coating on.

The hood deflector. Since I added mine, had a lot fewer bugs especially.

Get a tie rod kit w/spares, or if you're going rock crawling or mudding, consider upgrading to the HD rack.

If you're taller, hood raisers really help. Also if you're in brush country/narrow/overhanging trails, consider the corner protection, especially in the front. There will be trailstripes.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We picked up our first ever new vehicle in the form of a 2024 Wildtrak 2 door on Friday. Got it for less than a loaded Badlands, at that! Already ordered a bunch of creature comfort items for it and can’t wait to start wheeling.

What do you all think are some MUST HAVES when it comes to a 6gen? I know the tie rods are a weak point, and we are going to be doing an intake and exhaust in the near future. But what’s one thing, or multiple things, that you wish you would have bought sooner??

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_7407.jpeg
Congrats on the new ride, she's a beauty!

OP
OP
ThatBigGuyDevin
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks so much!

OP
OP
ThatBigGuyDevin
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First add-on: 74W portals. Just kidding!

At a minimum, consider ppf along the bottom of the doors. You'll get lot of rock chips, so find a way to protect the lower door panels (mudflaps, protective rock rails, etc).

The black fender flares, at least around here, get stained pretty easy. I wish I had put a ceramic coating on.

The hood deflector. Since I added mine, had a lot fewer bugs especially.

Get a tie rod kit w/spares, or if you're going rock crawling or mudding, consider upgrading to the HD rack.

If you're taller, hood raisers really help. Also if you're in brush country/narrow/overhanging trails, consider the corner protection, especially in the front. There will be trailstripes.
My buddy has a detail shop and does PPF. I'm considering a Matte PPF on it to really make it *pop*.
I'm waiting on the all weather mats in the mail along with the seat back mats as we have dogs and the seats will always be down. (considering a rear seat delete)

I am taller. lol Looking into the Apex? hood struts. My big thing is getting rid of these steps and putting rails on it.

What's the HD rack?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy has a detail shop and does PPF. I'm considering a Matte PPF on it to really make it *pop*.
I'm waiting on the all weather mats in the mail along with the seat back mats as we have dogs and the seats will always be down. (considering a rear seat delete)

I am taller. lol Looking into the Apex? hood struts. My big thing is getting rid of these steps and putting rails on it.

What's the HD rack?
I just realized you have a 24 WT, which has Sas, so I assume you have the Severe Duty steering rack (and better tie rods). It's referred to as the HD steering rack. That was a 24 upgrade the BL and I think Sas got. If you do, unless you do a lot of hardcore rock crawling (like Wolf Caves in Mason, TX), you're probably fine. If you do want to do gnarlier rock crawls, consider the 74W stage 2 rack if you want to upgrade. You also really don't need spare tie rods either.

I have the Redlines, which are kind've expensive but the max lift version makes it pretty easy for me. The bar really gets in the way, and the roof just isn't high enough when lifted. I'm 6'3". Note, on the driver side, it's REALLY EASY to drop the body bolts (and tools...) into the fender well when you're trying to get it out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Speaker, amp upgrade….especially if you ever consider driving with top off.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congratulations!!!
Front mud flaps before you get rock chips. But that running board does a pretty good job of protecting. There’s that small gap between the flare and running board that needs to be filled in though.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

'24 Wildtrak already has the severe duty steering rack and tie rods. I wouldn't touch it. Wheel it as-is until you get a taste for it. You only need to dig into the big, expensive upgrades if you find you have a taste for hard core rock crawling. But anything short of that, your Wildtrak is already well outfitted for. But keep an eye on those running boards if you do decide to get into some tougher stuff. They're not really a "rock rail". So let me modify my previous statement by suggesting swapping those out for some decent rocker protection. Then you should be good to go.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We picked up our first ever new vehicle in the form of a 2024 Wildtrak 2 door on Friday. Got it for less than a loaded Badlands, at that!
Weren't you supposed to ? It's missing the swaybar disconnect ,lol.

Great looking ride !

OP
OP
ThatBigGuyDevin
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just realized you have a 24 WT, which has Sas, so I assume you have the Severe Duty steering rack (and better tie rods). It's referred to as the HD steering rack. That was a 24 upgrade the BL and I think Sas got. If you do, unless you do a lot of hardcore rock crawling (like Wolf Caves in Mason, TX), you're probably fine. If you do want to do gnarlier rock crawls, consider the 74W stage 2 rack if you want to upgrade. You also really don't need spare tie rods either.

I have the Redlines, which are kind've expensive but the max lift version makes it pretty easy for me. The bar really gets in the way, and the roof just isn't high enough when lifted. I'm 6'3". Note, on the driver side, it's REALLY EASY to drop the body bolts (and tools...) into the fender well when you're trying to get it out.

OK I gotcha. Yeah, the 24 WT has the HOSS 3.0 in it. I was talking to Vaugh Gittin JR. this weekend and he said that unless I'm doing super extreme stuff, the 3.0 should be just fine for me.

I just noticed you're in Denton; I graduated from Sanger. hahah (in the hill country now)

And as far as the struts, Redlines are the ones I was looking at. No idea where I got Apex from.

It'll spend a majority of it's life behind our skoolie so I won't be doing too much as far as crawling goes. Mostly exploring and high speed off road stuff. I have a TJ for rock crawling.
Sponsored