First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not really a trip so I apologize. But, last night it started snowing a bit, got a couple inches and figured I'd at least try out the Bronco in some snow. A little story before the snow "adventure".

2.7l, 4 door Velocity Blue, OBX, Sasquatch

I have to say this is by all means our first off road vehicle. Our first day with it I didn't get to drive it much. Unfortunately had to work the next day, so to say I was excited about getting off was under selling my emotions. I get home and see the Bronco that didn't even have 20 miles on it the night before and it now has mud all over it. I walk into the house and my wife greets me with a big smile. I ask her what had happened and she explained that there was a road that looked like a dirt road and "seemed right". She asked if she should have put in 4a or 4h instead of 2h... I kind of lost my thought as she was telling me she just drove through a muddy road with the new Bronco. Before you shoot me for the last sentence, I wanted to be first to muddy it! Damn, she beat me to it! Was all fun with her as I told her the same rule applies to her as it does me. Time to go get it washed. We went to the road she had went and saw a sign that said "Closed - road has not been maintained and is closed for season". (Forgive us for ignoring the signs as I was desperate to get it dirty!) While it was no means a dangerous road, it was a road with dips and little mud ruts. Probably all of a foot to two feet of a "mud puddle". Nonetheless, the Bronco was amazing in it.

We've had it for a couple weeks now and have loved every moment of it. Between seldom highway driving and mostly backroad/city driving, we are averaging 16mpg which to be honest. Was a little more than I was expecting. With the first snow we had, taking it out was a must. I used the 4a and slippery mode to do a 10 mile drive and it was great. It felt planted all through the backroads even with the sleet/snow mix and fresh snow. I know the 4x4 system only carries it so far as it's really a gamble with icy conditions, but it did give me a little more confidence driving in snow. The Sasquatch package is a nice touch, it has a nice look to the front of it while having a nice stance. Looking to do more with it as I look for places to drive it. Bundy Hill and Holly with Silver Lake being another one. Just have never done any real off-roading and have been slowly learning the different things before going for it. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the boring read, but figured I'd share a bit as a complete new guy to the Bronco/Off-road life.

Happy New Years, folks!
Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really a trip so I apologize. But, last night it started snowing a bit, got a couple inches and figured I'd at least try out the Bronco in some snow. A little story before the snow "adventure".

2.7l, 4 door Velocity Blue, OBX, Sasquatch

I have to say this is by all means our first off road vehicle. Our first day with it I didn't get to drive it much. Unfortunately had to work the next day, so to say I was excited about getting off was under selling my emotions. I get home and see the Bronco that didn't even have 20 miles on it the night before and it now has mud all over it. I walk into the house and my wife greets me with a big smile. I ask her what had happened and she explained that there was a road that looked like a dirt road and "seemed right". She asked if she should have put in 4a or 4h instead of 2h... I kind of lost my thought as she was telling me she just drove through a muddy road with the new Bronco. Before you shoot me for the last sentence, I wanted to be first to muddy it! Damn, she beat me to it! Was all fun with her as I told her the same rule applies to her as it does me. Time to go get it washed. We went to the road she had went and saw a sign that said "Closed - road has not been maintained and is closed for season". (Forgive us for ignoring the signs as I was desperate to get it dirty!) While it was no means a dangerous road, it was a road with dips and little mud ruts. Probably all of a foot to two feet of a "mud puddle". Nonetheless, the Bronco was amazing in it.

We've had it for a couple weeks now and have loved every moment of it. Between seldom highway driving and mostly backroad/city driving, we are averaging 16mpg which to be honest. Was a little more than I was expecting. With the first snow we had, taking it out was a must. I used the 4a and slippery mode to do a 10 mile drive and it was great. It felt planted all through the backroads even with the sleet/snow mix and fresh snow. I know the 4x4 system only carries it so far as it's really a gamble with icy conditions, but it did give me a little more confidence driving in snow. The Sasquatch package is a nice touch, it has a nice look to the front of it while having a nice stance. Looking to do more with it as I look for places to drive it. Bundy Hill and Holly with Silver Lake being another one. Just have never done any real off-roading and have been slowly learning the different things before going for it. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the boring read, but figured I'd share a bit as a complete new guy to the Bronco/Off-road life.

Happy New Years, folks!
You have a cool wife! Glad you guys are having fun with the Bronco!

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice!
We had our first real snow here last week, and I ran a few errands with the Bronco (2.3L auto) no problems. Put it into Slippery mode and pitter patter. They don't plow or salt here, only sand, so the roads are often hard-pack snow or damn near ice unless you happen to get out in it early or use less-traveled routes. I went out around mid-morning, so it was almost getting to be the real dicey stuff. The real test is getting out of my neighborhood (uphill at either end), and the Bronco made it easily, even with the stock tires.

Didn't want to have to park it at the airport the next day, but I didn't think the '10 Fusion's tires were up to the task after another couple inches the night before we flew out. Sure was nice to get into a warm vehicle, though - remote-started with the app when we got on the parking shuttle. Timed it just about perfectly with 2 min remaining.
Sponsored