Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't even made first payment and have to replace windshield. Road trip to VA caused a chip. Came back to New England and with the cold a cracked appeared which has crept across whole windshield. Turn around time for new windshield is 15 days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
drew707

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't even made first payment and have to replace windshield. Road trip to VA caused a chip. Came back to New England and with the cold a cracked appeared which has crept across whole windshield. Turn around time for new windshield is 15 days.
Damn I’m sorry that sucks

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

12K miles and mine is cracked as well. Safelight has been waiting for a replacement windshield for about a month now (backordered).
SAME! 7,000 miles with a vertical crack that goes from the driver's side center view all the way across to the passenger side. Replacement windshield is back ordered and they said 4-6 weeks but that it was a generous estimate and would probably be longer :(

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a cracked windshield as well. Only have 6000 miles since end of January. Did a couple nice road trips. went to Big Bend NP and then a trip to Moab and Zion. Lots of fun, better than expected mileage, and lots of "how do you like your Bronco" questions.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

18,000km 2 rock chips and 1 crack from center to pass side,all caused from asshats that pass(even tho i'm going 10kmh over limit)and cut backin right in front spraying gravel all over my Bronco! if I was driving my lifted superduty i'd probably pit them into the ditch! :mad:

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nearly vertical windshields take a beating in any vehicle, I'd wait till just before annual inspection to replace mine to minimize wasting time in the shop. I lost one on the way home from the glass shop, less than 1 hour!

AllHailTheGnome

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT Premium, 2012 Mazdaspeed3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same happen with less than 3000 miles on mine, rock chip just above the passenger side wiper spread all the way across to the drivers side while I was warming up during our last cold snap. Too bad my state isn't a mandatory insurance replacement state :( Waiting to get a chance to run it over to Safelite to see how long I have to wait.... Tried checking with a local dealer, at the time he couldn't even find it in inventory :unsure:

OP
OP
drew707

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking I should have a spare windshield, along with spare tie-rods in my off-road kit! #BePrepared 🤣
Yeah for real. Waiting for Ford to release the modular windshield next haha

OP
OP
drew707

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SAME! 7,000 miles with a vertical crack that goes from the driver's side center view all the way across to the passenger side. Replacement windshield is back ordered and they said 4-6 weeks but that it was a generous estimate and would probably be longer :(
I hope they have a quicker replacement than the estimate! That’s so unfortunate I haven’t even made a claim yet but maybe I will just to get the ball rolling

Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got an ExoShield quote: ~$400 (Michigan).

Definitely doing it. USAA doesn’t offer additional windshield protection (outside of comprehensive [ in Michigan only, state by state ]), so it makes it worth it

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got an ExoShield quote: ~$400 (Michigan).

Definitely doing it. USAA doesn’t offer additional windshield protection (outside of comprehensive [ in Michigan only, state by state ]), so it makes it worth it
I am also in Michigan. I have added additional windshield coverage on my insurance, so I will not even have to pay my deductible. I figure the added cost will be worth it as unfortunately, I think we will be seeing MANY broken windshields in our future. :(

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also in Michigan. I have added additional windshield coverage on my insurance, so I will not even have to pay my deductible. I figure the added cost will be worth it as unfortunately, I think we will be seeing MANY broken windshields in our future. :(
which insurance carrier, if I can ask?

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

which insurance carrier, if I can ask?
Hanover Insurance Group. I pay about $170 a month. Worth it, as they said that the windshield was probably going to be somewhere between $800 and $1000!!
Sponsored