Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hanover Insurance Group. I pay about $170 a month. Worth it, as they said that the windshield was probably going to be somewhere between $800 and $1000!!
Many on the forums have had to pay about $1500. The extra expense being the required re-alignment of the included safety auto-braking sensors at the top-center of the glass.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Man some people have all the luck. Mine is cracked (and I mean cracked, not chipped) at 1000 miles. 6000 woulda been nice.

Has anybody had theirs replaced? I'm wondering how long the backorder situation is. Obviously this is a Ford branded windshield that's on backorder.
I was told 6-8 weeks. Didn't even bother ordering one.

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many on the forums have had to pay about $1500. The extra expense being the required re-alignment of the included safety auto-braking sensors at the top-center of the glass.
You are correct. Totally forgot that they mentioned that as well. Thus, the extra windshield insurance is worth it!! UGH.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had mine replaced. I used Safelite and specifically requested OEM glass. This was just a few weeks (3ā€4) ago, but they had the glass in under two weeks. I'm not sure their actual order to delivery time as I had to schedule it based on being off of work. Total cost was right at $1k and included recalibration. The glass cost itself was just over $500.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1200 miles, and cracked all the way up the middle yesterday. I was out on trails all day Saturday, no incidents, got no the freeway to come home and someone's car tossed a rock at me.

Sponsored

Rdavis

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has stop the order of glass, they have a new order number, I donā€™t have. But letā€™s hope itā€™s a recall. @Ford

First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m on windshield number 2 with 2,700 miles. Luckily the Safelite near my work is a huge warehouse and they had one in stock.

OP
OP
drew707

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has stop the order of glass, they have a new order number, I donā€™t have. But letā€™s hope itā€™s a recall. @Ford
They increased the thickness of the glass

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
itā€™s taken a beating in the 20,000 miles Iā€™ve put on
Well I got a rock in under 1000 miles on the ODO. On a city street doing 30 with a little Honda about 10 yards ahead. Dead center of driverā€™s side but high enough to be only a little annoying. Got it fixed at Novus the next day for $100. They did a poor job, left 1/4 of the divot infilled. But I was in a hurry to leave so didnā€™t complain, figuring Iā€™d just live with it. Then it cracked today in 2 opposing directions, about 7ā€ total. I called Novus and they said sorry, no warranty on the repair; but they would credit it to a new windshield install. (Nice business model.) Novus quoted just under $1000 (coincidence?) for glass, install, calibration, and tax, and a 7-10 day wait for the glass. Iā€™m in Seattle. Will be driving east over the mountains into the winter to go hunting later this week and would love the glass to be fixed pronto so the crack doesnā€™t become catastrophic. (In a former life I worked in spares and repairs for the military and am floored that Ford didnā€™t send a spare windshield to the dealer with every Bronco delivered.) Can I do better?

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine has no crack yet but mine has many tiny chips. Like right in front of my view.
Sun shines the right way It glares really bad. I might as well starting looking for replacement -.-

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta a chip with 270 miles, at most, on it. Safelite repaired it yesterday, but you can still see the "crack" in the lamination below the chip. Hopefully, the repair holds.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got three rock chips on the same day, three weeks after I got my Bronco. One ended up being a foot long crack. The windshield recall came out right after that. I was able to get an appointment in Reno (an hour away) but it was two months out. I let them know that my windshield was cracked and they would have to have an OEM windshield for my appointment. I called the day before my appointment to make sure they had one. Of course they didn't and just blew me off. I was pissed. It's winter now so I will try again in the spring.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question, but is there a way with forscan to do away with the safety crap? Iā€™ve lived over 35 years of driving without it.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got three rock chips on the same day, three weeks after I got my Bronco. One ended up being a foot long crack. The windshield recall came out right after that. I was able to get an appointment in Reno (an hour away) but it was two months out. I let them know that my windshield was cracked and they would have to have an OEM windshield for my appointment. I called the day before my appointment to make sure they had one. Of course they didn't and just blew me off. I was pissed. It's winter now so I will try again in the spring.
I'm in the same boat. I caught a rock at the very top edge of the windshield, which caused a ~6" crack to form. It slowly grew to about 12" over time, but this morning it decided to just take off and run all the way across the windshield, horizontally. I went ahead and scheduled to have my recall fixed, expecting that they'll just have to replace the whole windshield anyway due to the fact that it likely won't stay together upon removal. The odds of them pre-ordering a windshield for me are at nearly 0%, but I told them I have to have a loaner and can wait on dropping it off until one is available.
Sponsored