Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
This.
Have it taken off the rim and patched from the inside. Then you are worry free. I have used plugs with out issue for ever, however your puncture looks like a terrific candidate for an internal patch.
The first two holes I ever had plugged failed within weeks (my bad luck, I'm sure). Since then (probably 1993?) I've always had patches put on the inside and never had further issues. Luckily there haven't been many, so it's not a huge expense. Just remember to have them rebalance it.
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last year I got new tires for the tundra , Toyo open country mt I think they were 400.00 + ea .
One week later I was parking and a metal rail was poking out of a curb and got my sidewall.
They are great tires just bad luck.

OB121

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Expedition 2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This happened to mine a couple weeks ago on the road. Just a few hundred miles into the life of the bronco. It was a piece of aluminum that stuck into my sasquatch tire and went flat hours later.

Ford Bronco flat tire while "off roading" my Sashquatch IMG_2781

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be curious to find out what the lead time is on the Goodyear Wrangler Territory tire in 315/75/17 is, probably pretty terrible at the moment, another reason to pass on the SAS (at least for us Badlands reservations)...

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

drove around a bit today and explored some campgrounds and picked up a small sharp rock, right in between the threads of my Sashquatch tires, causing a slow leak. Made it back home on 20psi
Ford Bronco flat tire while "off roading" my Sashquatch IMG_2781
, now I have to see if that can get fixed or if I'll already need to buy a new tire. The rocks are sharp on the mountain, but this is not really confidence inducing regarding the GoodYear Territory MT tires after some 500 miles. Might have been just a fluke, bad luck, but still. First flat in over 20 years. I'm attaching a photo, I never used a patch kit (as I haven't had a flat in so long), does this look fixable? I'll bring it to America's Tire when they have a moment to check it out.

But good thing there are pressure monitors or I would have not noticed this and gone on exploring.

Oh, and the tires are damn heavy and I'm gonna buy a better jack too.

I sure hope the tires hold up better when actually going off road.

I was planning on doing 5 tire rotations, is a plugged tire safe to use as anything but a spare? I guess the store will tell me.

Not the adventure I had in mind for today...
If you have a Discount Tire nearby go there and buy road hazard for your tires. Only a few hundred dollars and you will get free tire repairs forever.

Tacosauce

Outer Banks
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. If kept exploring and realized that tire is toast, you’d pop the spare tire off because, spare tire and keep rollin’.:p

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, that sucks! Thankfully you got home and it wasn't on your second spare of the day.

Looks very patchable and in a spot that any tire will be weak, between tread blocks. I've ran over the con rod that catastrophically left the corvette ahead of me on track before that punched a nice hole in my Pilot Super Sport, Discount tire had it patched the next week and it was fine for the next 8K miles (of non-track duty, I didn't trust it when driven in anger with the patch).

Upon following up with Youtube advice, it looks like you can patch it no problem.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, just got back from America's Tire and was told they can't fix it. The slit is too long and even with plugging and patching from the inside it won't be long lasting. They also can't get these tires (yet I guess), so left a message with my sales guy to buy a new one from them.

I just wish I actually had been off roading to need a new tire, LOL.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, just got back from America's Tire and was told they can't fix it. The slit is too long and even with plugging and patching from the inside it won't be long lasting. They also can't get these tires (yet I guess), so left a message with my sales guy to buy a new one from them.

Here you go, In-Stock, $316.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...Model=Wrangler+Territory+MT&partnum=17SR7WTMT

Sponsored

Tacosauce

Outer Banks
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That blows dude. Sorry about the luck

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The slit is too long and even
Dang, that sucks. Would have been a much better story if you were really out there in the bush, tackling the trails and seldom-visited places on this earth.

It is a lesson to us all that these random things can happen anywhere from last call at a club to a mall parking lot. Be on guard!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice find!

Now the big question: Given that the stock Samscratch tires really aren't all that great, is now the time to bite the bullet and replace all 5, then sell off the 4 good OEM tires locally to somebody with a Bronco that's dying for a 2" lift kit and the "look" without the legendary bush-skills of @Daktari?
something to think about I guess. I'll see what the dealer says tomorrow. Was hoping to just drive these until worn out, but I'll give it a thought.

Side note, anybody know how to teach the tire pressure warning system that the spare is on now? Shows me a warning that I have 2PSI and I can't find anything about that in the manual so far. Does the spare even have a sensor built in? I was hoping the Bronco would just "know", just as it knows if my key fob is inside or outside the vehicle. I'll check some more after dinner, but if anybody here just knows what to do, pls let me know. Does this always have to be programmed new after rotating tires too? First car with such a system for me.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first report of a flat that I've seen. I'd file it in the bad luck category for now.
About 30% of the Broncos at Off-Roadeo in Austin had flat spare tires. I thought the Territory tires showed a lot more wear than the KO2's at Off-Roadeo. I was not impressed with the Goodyears. Here is one with 2200 miles on it.
Ford Bronco flat tire while "off roading" my Sashquatch 1635211924716
Sponsored