First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, just got back from America's Tire and was told they can't fix it. The slit is too long and even with plugging and patching from the inside it won't be long lasting. They also can't get these tires (yet I guess), so left a message with my sales guy to buy a new one from them.

I just wish I actually had been off roading to need a new tire, LOL.
Maybe get them to patch it and keep it as the spare.
Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Patch plugs

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to my dealer and they'll look at it tomorrow. If they say patching is fine I'll go that way. I'll update here tomorrow.

Just unfortunate and almost kind of funny that it most likely happened on pavement (or on a gravel lot) instead of wheeling. But there was a lot of debris on the roads after the crazy rain we had last night.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

drove around a bit today and explored some campgrounds and picked up a small sharp rock, right in between the threads of my Sashquatch tires, causing a slow leak. Made it back home on 20psi
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.44.33 PM.png
, now I have to see if that can get fixed or if I'll already need to buy a new tire. The rocks are sharp on the mountain, but this is not really confidence inducing regarding the GoodYear Territory MT tires after some 500 miles. Might have been just a fluke, bad luck, but still. First flat in over 20 years. I'm attaching a photo, I never used a patch kit (as I haven't had a flat in so long), does this look fixable? I'll bring it to America's Tire when they have a moment to check it out.

But good thing there are pressure monitors or I would have not noticed this and gone on exploring.

Oh, and the tires are damn heavy and I'm gonna buy a better jack too.

I sure hope the tires hold up better when actually going off road.

I was planning on doing 5 tire rotations, is a plugged tire safe to use as anything but a spare? I guess the store will tell me.

Not the adventure I had in mind for today...
Like Brentutk said, it's not enormous and you have deep valleys of tire tread, so should be fine. Keeping it as the spare is probably wise.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just a quick update, went to my dealers service dept and they called it fixable, picked it up a while later and only $25 out of pocket instead of over 300, so happy with that. Great service dept too, very big operation. Impressed by my dealer again, I feel quite lucky to have them in town.

I'll skip the 5 tire rotation and use it as a spare.

Oh, after a couple hours the Bronco learned that the former spare is not it's left rear leg and pressure shows up correct again on screen for all 4 tires, also good to know, no input from service/dealer needed. Monitoring via app took even longer, but is also correct now.

Was a bit nerve wracking to come down the mountain and having to hit the freeway for two exits with the pressure slowly going down on my screen, but it all worked out. Interesting too, from the looks you could barely tell a difference between the leaky tire at 19 PSI and the rest at 41 after driving. Sure glad to have these sensors, I'd have continued exploring and would have landed with a full flat somewhere. Or worse.

Thanks for all the input here, love the forum!
Sponsored