Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When flat towing my old '65 Mustang with C4 auto trans, to avoid possible issues when going longer distance, I usually unbolted the rear driveshaft where it mated to the diff and tied it up. Given all the Bronco flat tow issues, I'd probably do something like that to be on the safe side.

On a related note, I wonder how well these driveshaft disconnect kits work? Apparently some people use them to flat tow otherwise untowable vehicles. Not sure I'd want to count on the assembly holding up off-road though.

driveshaft-disconnect.jpg
Since I donā€™t have the Advanced 4wd system, Iā€™m more confident that Iā€™ll be fine flat towing. I used to disconnect the driveshaft on my excursion to flat tow, but that gets extremely old.
The driveshaft disconnects do work, though I wouldnā€™t want that on a Bronco that sees anything more than pavement. And they are not cheap if you price the parts AND labor. And then you still have to trust that the front axle disconnects are functioning properly.

Iā€™d love a manual shift transfer case and front hubs option for what I do.

I WANT @Ford TO ADMIT THEY HAVE AN ISSUE AND FIX IT! And WARRANTY ALL THOSE FLAT TOW RELATED FAILURES THEY DENIED!
Sponsored

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since I donā€™t have the Advanced 4wd system, Iā€™m more confident that Iā€™ll be fine flat towing. I used to disconnect the driveshaft on my excursion to flat tow, but that gets extremely old.
The driveshaft disconnects do work, though I wouldnā€™t want that on a Bronco that sees anything more than pavement. And they are not cheap if you price the parts AND labor. And then you still have to trust that the front axle disconnects are functioning properly.

Iā€™d love a manual shift transfer case and front hubs option for what I do.

I WANT @Ford TO ADMIT THEY HAVE AN ISSUE AND FIX IT! And WARRANTY ALL THOSE FLAT TOW RELATED FAILURES THEY DENIED!
You do realize that the originator of this thread has a base model, so no advanced transfer case.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do realize that the originator of this thread has a base model, so no advanced transfer case.
[/QUOT
Looks to be a Sasquatch so it does have the Advanced transfer case.
Sponsored