Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just found this. Read carefully and you will note it calls for towed vehicle to be in park! This is the code they are using to deny warranty! What is it Ford? Owners manual says leave in neutral. This says park so parking pall is engaged.
1000002441.png
No wonder they won't give people any information when they deny warranty.
Sponsored

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just found this. Read carefully and you will note it calls for towed vehicle to be in park! This is the code they are using to deny warranty! What is it Ford? Owners manual says leave in neutral. This says park so parking pall is engaged.
1000002441.png
Come on Ford, what a bunch of crap.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting. And it would work to tow in Neutral tow transmission in park (my Jeep was this way), BUT the procedure to disengage Neutral tow involves applying brake and putting in Park, which would happen when the Auxiliary brake system engaged, so not a good idea.

Now to disengage requires Accessory Mode to be on, but still sounds dangerous.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the procedure to flat tow an F150 Raptor says transmission in park. This is also a 10speed with Advanced transfer case but the larger 10-speed transmission. I read about at least two Raptors burning to the ground and at least one taking the motorhome with it when flat towing. I can imagine the parking pawl making an incredible amount of heat should the transfer case shift back into gear while towing.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I just test fit the Bronco and towbar behind the MH, and for curiosity sake tried to put it in tow mode without looking up the procedure. It will NOT go into tow mode and give the “Neutral Tow Enabled” indication without following the procedure exactly. So I don’t know where Ford gets off blaming the customers for transmission failures caused by towing. NO ONE in their right mind is flat towing without the dash indicating “tow enabled”.
IMG_0395.jpeg

Sponsored

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I just test fit the Bronco and towbar behind the MH, and for curiosity sake tried to put it in tow mode without looking up the procedure. It will NOT go into tow mode and give the “Neutral Tow Enabled” indication without following the procedure exactly. So I don’t know where Ford gets off blaming the customers for transmission failures caused by towing. NO ONE in their right mind is flat towing without the dash indicating “tow enabled”.
Ford Bronco Flat Tow failure IMG_0395
Curious, whats that limit 30 sign on the screen? I've never seen that on my screen.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious, whats that limit 30 sign on the screen? I've never seen that on my screen.
I wondered the same thing…. Speed limit of the street I’m on. GPS shows the speed limits on my cluster display.

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What variation Bronco do you own? I have a Squach and never saw that before.
BTW my wife and I fell in love with your state last winter. People we met were great, so much to do. We hit Texarkana, Fort Worth, Waco, Victoria, Rockport, Fort Davis, Amarillo allong with many other locations. First snowbird vacation for us.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What variation Bronco do you own? I have a Squach and never saw that before.
BTW my wife and I fell in love with your state last winter. People we met were great, so much to do. We hit Texarkana, Fort Worth, Waco, Victoria, Rockport, Fort Davis, Amarillo allong with many other locations. First snowbird vacation for us.
‘24 Black Diamond mid package non-SAS. There was a thread about it somewhere. I had forgotten it was even there except the pic I took reminded me lol.

Thanks, we moved back to TX after 15 years in another state because most of people are so friendly and down to earth. I hope you got to see some of the hill country.

Bob

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We stayed at Inks Lake state park during the big ice storm that did so much damage in Austin. I think there was only 5 other rigs there, everyone else bugged out before it hit, even the park rangers! I believe that is considered hill country. We explored the entire area and had a blast!
Duane

Sponsored

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Flat Tow failure IMG_0395
I have the Manual Transmission with 4A. Although I believe it to be splash lubricated and shouldn't have an issue, it could also be turning in flat tow mode just due to the residual friction in the transfer case. I've towed it about 5000 miles with no issues. I haven't seen any reports of MT damage while flat towing (other than the synchro problem addressed in the TCB, mine were replaced but that issue was discovered prior to ever towing but fixed later). I still wonder if perhaps there might be less wear on the MT if it were left in gear while flat towing. The manual says to put the MT in neutral while flat towing. Any indication that this instruction should be or has been changed?

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the Manual Transmission with 4A. Although I believe it to be splash lubricated and shouldn't have an issue, it could also be turning in flat tow mode just due to the residual friction in the transfer case. I've towed it about 5000 miles with no issues. I haven't seen any reports of MT damage while flat towing (other than the synchro problem addressed in the TCB, mine were replaced but that issue was discovered prior to ever towing but fixed later). I still wonder if perhaps there might be less wear on the MT if it were left in gear while flat towing. The manual says to put the MT in neutral while flat towing. Any indication that this instruction should be or has been changed?
This is for the automatic 10 speed. I don't believe it applies to the manual transmission.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my way to the beach Friday morning. No problems so far.
IMG_0419.jpeg
image000000.jpeg

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On my way to the beach Friday morning. No problems so far.
IMG_0419.jpeg
image000000.jpeg
Nice American Coach, and Bronco, we just got a 2022 American Dream looking forward to finishing up the flat tow setup on our Bronco.
Hope to see you out there.
Brian
Sponsored