Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So Sorry about the flat tow problems, We just got back from a 5000 mile trip and flat towed out 23 WildTrak without any problems. it did beautifully. I was worried most of the time that i would do something wrong each time I engaged and disengaged the flat tow system. Luckily my dealer walked me through it several times before the trip as we had a problem with the built in tow light system they had installed. it was a ground wire. but fixed and all worked as it should. I was so happy that it worked so well but there are timing issues missing from the ford instructions that the ford dealer added to make it all go well.
IMG_6087.jpeg
So Sorry about the flat tow problems, We just got back from a 5000 mile trip and flat towed out 23 WildTrak without any problems. it did beautifully. I was worried most of the time that i would do something wrong each time I engaged and disengaged the flat tow system. Luckily my dealer walked me through it several times before the trip as we had a problem with the built in tow light system they had installed. it was a ground wire. but fixed and all worked as it should. I was so happy that it worked so well but there are timing issues missing from the ford instructions that the ford dealer added to make it all go well.
Ford Bronco Flat towing gone wrong! IMG_6087
Can you explain more about the timing issues, and what the dealer added to the instructions? I flat tow as well and follow the on-screen manual instructions every time so I’m very interested in the “timing issues” your dealer advised of. I haven’t experienced any issues, but in reading some of the horror stories… I try to pay attention as much as I can to the experiences of others. Thanks.

IMG_3148.jpeg
Sponsored

B Spence

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope you got my Message

DbarD

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let me start by this is not my rig but I do flat tow my own Bronco and occasionally my F-250 behind my pusher.

Backstory:
My buddy was going to Florida and had his pusher on cruise at 65. (350 HP) He noticed his cruise control surging and fighting to hold his speed. Pulled over to see the mayhem.

He is pretty sure the passenger tire caught a nail and slow leaked to the point of falure and drug sideways and then peeled the carcus of the driver tire.

At first glance he did not notice anything in his rear camera that made him think he had any problems.

I was like "nobody tried to flag you down on the road!!"

No he said He was pretty shocked as well.

Damage consisted of the obvious two tires 1 rim and part of the wire harness on the passenger side when the tread separated.

I think I might get the add on to my tpms monitors to include the tow pig as well.

And yes he has the v6 and I asked him if his battery was dead when he got in and it was not. He has a separate battery tender that hooks to his rig while flat towing and uses the air force 1 controller. The bronco was still in flat tow mode (sorry conspiracy guys).

Just bad luck I imagine

Ford Bronco Flat towing gone wrong! IMG_3148

Ford Bronco Flat towing gone wrong! IMG_3148
I use a wireless TPMS monitor for both the motorhome and tow vehicle
Sponsored