Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i have been wondering for a while who exactly would be buying fleet broncos.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really could see my organization using them.... We maintain mountain top radio sites. Usually we aren't bringing anything big, but it is usually expensive. Our test equipment alone is $70k for one device. The F150 crew cab short bed, 2.7L with topper is about $40k fitted out. All of our trucks have winches. All the trucks get Duratracs or similar on day 1.

We have been buying F150s through F350s. Explorers sit too low. I manage the group and have a 2015 Expedition and I am constantly dragging the front air dam. The new Expeditions don't have low range. The new Tahoes are almost $40k. All of the Fords have the rear locker option. Ideally the trucks could tire chains on all four tires.

We never considered Jeeps because of their reliability... and Fords are easier for us to get on fleet bid.

A 2.3L 4dr Auto base Bronco would be perfect...Sure, the 2.7L would be more fun.... but it isn't a personal vehicle

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really could see my organization using them.... We maintain mountain top radio sites. Usually we aren't bringing anything big, but it is usually expensive. Our test equipment alone is $70k for one device. The F150 crew cab short bed, 2.7L with topper is about $40k fitted out. All of our trucks have winches. All the trucks get Duratracs or similar on day 1.

We have been buying F150s through F350s. Explorers sit too low. I manage the group and have a 2015 Expedition and I am constantly dragging the front air dam. The new Expeditions don't have low range. The new Tahoes are almost $40k. All of the Fords have the rear locker option. Ideally the trucks could tire chains on all four tires.

We never considered Jeeps because of their reliability... and Fords are easier for us to get on fleet bid.

A 2.3L 4dr Auto base Bronco would be perfect...Sure, the 2.7L would be more fun.... but it isn't a personal vehicle
i think the base 4-door comes standard with an auto specifically for fleets so you might be in luck in that regard

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fleets may mean rentals.

As an aside the American Red Cross had a lot of H3s, and I know of a couple of private companies in Alaska that did as well.

There will be companies somewhere that want these as work vehicles.

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd love for my agency to try a few out. Tow rating is the only reservation I have at the moment.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much covered all the points I was going to make for the light vehicles for linemen or fiber optic guys working the rural areas.
Seems like all of MJ Electrics trucks were outfitted exactly how you described.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda doubt companies would spend that money for their fleets. Most likely means rental cars, or a limited edition Fleetwood Mac trim.

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
TVA powerline inspectors, fire/mountain rescue. Wild land fire fighting. Postal service with right hand conversion

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The RCMP in Canada could be buyers but I don't know if police vehicles are considered fleet or not.

They use the Fusion, Explorer, and F150. They use the Suburban and F150 in rural areas (and some Silverados) as their 4x4. I could see a Bronco fitting. Trunk space may not be enough though.
Sponsored