Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, I am trying to figure something out about the Bronco that I have not seen addressed in a video. Wondering if anyone has any info.

I have skinny garage doors, so in my current vehicles I need to fold the mirrors in flat to enter and park. Looks like that should work fine with the Bronco, however, since they are cowl mounted, can the doors still open with the mirrors folded in??? For door removal, mirrors need to be OUT, but Iā€™ve never seen someone try to open a door with mirrors in.

Worst case, Iā€™ll need to roll down the window every time and push them back out to exit the vehicle. Sounds like a drag! That, and someday Iā€™ll tear them off backing out, I know I will. Really hope they can stay flat.

anyone know?
Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all, I am trying to figure something out about the Bronco that I have not seen addressed in a video. Wondering if anyone has any info.

I have skinny garage doors, so in my current vehicles I need to fold the mirrors in flat to enter and park. Looks like that should work fine with the Bronco, however, since they are cowl mounted, can the doors still open with the mirrors folded in??? For door removal, mirrors need to be OUT, but Iā€™ve never seen someone try to open a door with mirrors in.

Worst case, Iā€™ll need to roll down the window every time and push them back out to exit the vehicle. Sounds like a drag! That, and someday Iā€™ll tear them off backing out, I know I will. Really hope they can stay flat.

anyone know?
Been wondering the very same thing my self. @Zach@Granger @ZackDanger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

anyone know?
I've seen in a video (Ep. 5 TFL), when they remove doors they fold the mirrors forward rather than back. You should then be able to open the door.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We don't have one yet. I'll know in a week when our first one is supposed to roll in!
And all the answers will flow! šŸ˜€ Looking forward to seeing your demo truck(s).

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure theyā€™ve shown them folding both ways.

Iā€™m in the same boat as you, Iā€™ll have two inches on either side getting into my garage, with the mirrors folded.

OP
OP
Swamp Yankee

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't have one yet. I'll know in a week when our first one is supposed to roll in!
Thatā€™s great, obviuo
Pretty sure theyā€™ve shown them folding both ways.
But will the door open while folded in, that is the question. Or at least, will it open with the glass down?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let us granger customers know so we can come visit you Zach...

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s great, obviuo

But will the door open while folded in, that is the question. Or at least, will it open with the glass down?
Unless youā€™re willing to let your door push the mirror out as it opens I wouldnā€™t count on it.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™ve seen videos where they definitely fold both ways.

folded toward the back, opening the door will push it back out if the window is up

Sponsored
OP
OP
Swamp Yankee

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mirrors will fold back out slightly with the door. Thereā€™s a small window guide at the front of the door that will make contact with a folded mirror and the windows up will make it happen ever so slightly sooner. It starts moving it right near the first detent position then keeps progressing until the door is fully open. It moves maybe 1-2 inches out in the first position.

FYI the mirrors move extremely easy when not locked in the out position. Thereā€™s no locking detent to keep them in the folded position so if youā€™re worried about extra force required when exiting you shouldnā€™t be. This is a very much non issue. There is ample room to get out before they even make it halfway to opening but again I donā€™t see why this would ever have been an issue
This is great information, thank you! Sounds like what Iā€™ll need to do, when leaving, is roll down the window and pull the mirror back in before backing out.

or even better, not have the doors on šŸ˜šŸ‘šŸ»

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldnā€™t the window already be down from where you folded them in to enter the garage door... so you could just push them back out as needed? Sounds like the whole scenario would suck though, hopefully they are narrow enough to just save you the trouble.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's another thought - aside from the aforementioned pushing it forward idea......it looks as though the mirror would be above the beltline when folded backward - you might be able to just roll the window down and open the door normally with it folded back. You'd be leaving your windows down in the garage, which for me isn't an issue.

Ford Bronco Folded mirror mystery 1624688443910
Sponsored