Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been Rapid Red once I ordered and never looked back...until now that it is cancelled. Prefer metallic paint. Chili Pepper is not doing it for me. Undecided until I understand what the Heritage options are. Have been enjoying looking at folks post their Base builds with lifts, custom stripe jobs and new wheels/tires. The custom wheel choices definitely affects the appeal of secondary color preference vs that of of a factory config. BTW...Thanks for that badge.
Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see a rapid red and a hot pepper red side by side. I can’t make up my mind with rapid red off the table. Cactus Gray, Velocity Blue, and Area 51 are my front runners now.

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It depends on what colors are available on the Base.

Probably Cyber Orange, although I really don't like the idea of paying an extra $500 for a different color in addition to whatever the MY22 price increase is going to be.

If hot pepper is available on Base at no upcharge, I will likely change to that.

The Green is ok I guess, but pretty dark. On the other hand, it's pretty close to the metalic green I had on a 65 Mustang so that's kind of cool. Just worried it's too damn dark for Arid-zona.

There are rumors that some additional colors might be unlocked for all trims. If true, then Race Red would be ok I guess, though it looks very Tangerine color in real life.

Wife says I can have any color except VB. Her F-150 is VB, and we are not allowed to match.

I am just the opposite, really wanted CO but it wasn't available on Base so I went with RR. Got scheduled for the week of Sept 13 just before they announced CO would be available on Base for '22. Glad to get a build date but would have been just as happy to wait and get CO on my base.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for you. I got my schedule email to day so I don't have to worry about it anymore. But I was really scared that I was not going to get my RR. I probably would have done the Cyber...

Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does something like that cost?
Full body, at least a couple grand.

On the cost scale for personalization it's somewhere in the middle, but you and everyone else will see it, so it's a lot of bang for your buck if that matters to you.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Full body, at least a couple grand.

On the cost scale for personalization it's somewhere in the middle, but you and everyone else will see it, so it's a lot of bang for your buck if that matters to you.
Gotcha.

While I wouldn't pay that much money to change the color of the car, if it's important to you at least you have the option.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've resorted to being a very loud, although polite pain in Ford's side by posting, tagging, and tweeting pleas for Ford to reverse their decision. I don't want to spend money on a paint color I don't like.

Today I realized if I did get HPR and don't like it (currently don't at all) I just spent $300 on a color I'm going to cover up with a wrap, or have a professional do for like $4-5k (Everything would need to be painted, you imagine taking the doors off and seeing the other color?)
Ludicrous!

DO NOT GET RID OF RAPID RED OR AMB @FordMotorCompany

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I honestly have no idea what to do in that case. It's literally the only color I want.

I guess I'd get Shadow Black and wait for the painted black Mod top. Then I'd send the doors, hood, fenders, swing gate, and other miscellaneous body parts to the body shop to have them painted rapid Red. With the black windshield surround and the black top, I'd think it'd look pretty damn good.
At that financial investment, especially as it's already going to be sprayed as a tri-coat (Rapid Red), there are some great reds out there that have better depth and materials than Rapid Red. Ultimately as a tri-coat, Rapid Red is one of the more mundane options out there.

Mazda's Soul Red Crystal Metallic is absolutely gorgeous in person! Definitely nicer in paint quality, depth, gloss and presentation than Rapid Red.

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... M618LU001_20218_R3[1]

Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At that financial investment, especially as it's already going to be sprayed as a tri-coat (Rapid Red), there are some great reds out there that have better depth and materials than Rapid Red. Ultimately as a tri-coat, Rapid Red is one of the more mundane options out there.

Mazda's Soul Red Crystal Metallic is absolutely gorgeous in person! Definitely nicer in paint quality, depth, gloss and presentation than Rapid Red.

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... M618LU001_20218_R3[1]
@Rick Astley, that Mazda red is hands down the best-looking factory red you can get today.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley, that Mazda red is hands down the best-looking factory red you can get today.
Yeaaaaaaaa...... Nice enough I had to choose the color for my daily driver (y)

I've parked this next to a pair of Rapid Red cars on the local Ford dealership parking lot. It absolutely blows Rapid Red out of the water when they are next to each other. Rapid just looks like a maroon metallic flake and not even a tri-coat next to it where the SRCM dances in the light and has a truly beautiful color to it.

(Purchasing it out of lease this month and will get traded in whenever Bronco arrives)

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... detail 2020

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... post-detail

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... post-detail
I love Soul Red, but I already own that color.

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... 1630621158530

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love Soul Red, but I already own that color.

Ford Bronco For those who ordered Rapid Red... 1630621158530
Yea, you're up shit creek then. You can't park a Rapid Red vehicle next to your track-pack Miata or the Bronco paint will just not look very good at all.

Great looking Miata! Those things can really scoot when you want them to. Mucho respect for the driver mod + miata track rats!

Off topic: I was shocked to learn about some of the choices for hardware changes between the Miata and Fiat 124

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opini...-the-world-will-beat-a-path-to-the-worse-one/
Sponsored