Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick forum search but was unable to find a relevant topic comparing the two available Ford Soft Trektop Top Accessories.

Currently listed on Ford’s Site, there’s over $600 price discrepancy between the two, with the more expensive differentiated by Twill versus the other being vinyl.

Ford Bronco Ford Accessories… Soft Top Material 0C9F622A-2B1D-4B33-8FCC-93362E3C042C

The product description is exactly the same

Why Buy:
Upgrade your Bronco with this soft vinyl retractable top and run as fully-enclosed, all-season soft top or enjoy the open air with multiple open top configurations!

Details:
Run as fully-enclosed, all-season soft top or enjoy the open air with multiple open top configurations. Sunrider feature allows the top to easily open from inside the vehicle for an unobstructed overhead view and open-air experience Innovative no zipper windows for easy removal Designed to work seamlessly with factory doors Rear tailgate opens without interference from rear window panel Available in premium black vinyl or twill fabrics Available for 2-door models
Being a 2DR owner, I have a hard top, but was looking into the possibility of removing & storing that hard top for May-October. So, this soft top will not be used every day for the full year.

Based on the description, I can only assume the twill is priced the way it is because it is a superior material with greater longevity, but I could use some input from people who have experience with these things. Comments, suggestions, votes are all appreciated!
Sponsored

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested to see the result of this too! I won't vote since I don't know haha

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did a quick forum search but was unable to find a relevant topic comparing the two available Ford Soft Trektop Top Accessories.

Currently listed on Ford’s Site, there’s over $600 price discrepancy between the two, with the more expensive differentiated by Twill versus the other being vinyl.

Ford Bronco Ford Accessories… Soft Top Material 0C9F622A-2B1D-4B33-8FCC-93362E3C042C

Being a 2DR owner, I have a hard top, but was looking into the possibility of removing & storing that hard top for May-October. So, this soft top will not be used every day for the full year.

Based on the description, I can only assume the twill is priced the way it is because it is a superior material with greater longevity, but I could use some input from people who have experience with these things. Comments, suggestions, votes are all appreciated!
The twill is the basically same material as the factory soft top, it might actually be the same. The vinyl is a shinier black color smoother texture and it is a lower grade of material but its not bad. Reminds me of old Jeep soft tops. I have samples of both in my truck and the twill is nicer!

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting… I know he’s obviously a salesperson for Bestop, but it’s interesting to hear the windows are thicker and the warranty for the Twill is good for a lifetime versus the Vinyl is just a 5-year Warranty.

Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the wrangler is any indication the twill is much nicer, heavier dark cloth type of set up. Jeep calls their twill “sail cloth” and it’s the same as the Bronco soft top.

The other is a rubbery/plastic material and much thinner overall. It will also tend to be a lighter color and tends to fade into a more grey over time. I have had both on the wranglers over the years and always spring for the twill.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t seen the vinyl but I purchased the twill for my 2 door and can tell you it is very nice material and is great to have now that the weather here in the northeast is getting better. I’m impressed with the quality and the ease of operation (I’m coming from a 4 door wrangler with dual tops).

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Marauder,
I have a soft-top roadster and the original twill top lasted for about 12 years. The experienced leather/vinyl folks in Denver who replaced the original with a new twill top explained that a vinyl top would last me about half that.
Phil

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Follow-up note on the top - I did end up purchasing a case to store the sides and back window when removed (on Amazon - found in another thread here). The side windows have rear plastic corner pieces attached and I scratched the rear window on one when laying them down on top of each other the first time I removed them.
Sponsored