Ford Bronco defined: What it should be!

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
A Bronco is an ORT (Off Road Truck) designed to be used on the farm, backwoods trails, rural areas and roads that are not paved. Occasionally it can be used to run into town for errands. NOT the other way around.

Broncos are built to be tough. A frame with solid axles, a dual range transfer case (4 wheel drive is a given) an engine with power and torque. Controls are manual, manual transmission, transfer case, brakes that will stop on a cliff.

The body, straight forward, clean simple on the boxy side. Convertible, the more open the better. Top, doors and tailgate that can be easily removed are a must. Hand cranked windows. One door on each side and one in the back is all that is needed. It is a personal vehicle, not for car pooling.

Amenities: A full size spare tire & high lift jack, windshield wipers, a heater, a winch and a sound system are needs everything else is a want and should be optional.

Interior cleaning should require the same equipment as exterior, a bucket of soapy water, brush, rag and a hose. Keep things simple. Rubber mats on metal floor and water proof upholstery.

Price tag should be low, under $15,000. The fuel mileage should be high, at least 30 MPG. Ford would be shocked at how many of these would sell!

If I have to explain why these points are important you should not be on the design team.

Regards,
Sponsored

Last edited:

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man!! Sounds like a dream!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed on everything except possibly a winch as standard equipment. I would prefer to see the winch be optional.

OP
OP
1972Bronco5.8

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can agree with that. The winch should be at the owners choice. I should of said a built in mount for a winch should be standard.

"You can call me a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" John Lennon

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Price tag under 15000 in today's world isn't gonna happen. MSRP on a fiesta S with the keys wheels and floormats edition is right at 15k... As for 30mpg in something with solid axles and a transfer case... not gonna happen; except maybe with a small diesel engine, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Solid axles is the big one though in order to cut into wrangler sales. I've mentally made that my buying decision; if it has solid axles at both ends I'll be the first one in line to buy one. - if not, I'm headed for another wrangler. If it has an IFS, it'll flop like the IFS equipped Toyota FJ.

OP
OP
1972Bronco5.8

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, I'm dreaming here. Please don't wake me up!
I know a big American auto maker is not going to make anything they don't think they can't price gouge the public with. I also know they will never make a vehicle like the one I described. They will load it up with a bunch of electronic crap that you don't need if your going off road. All kinds of sensors to tell you things you don't care about on a nice in dash screen as big as a TV. A plush interior that you will not want to get muddy. Oh yea, 4-doors so its easy to get the car seat for your infant in and out because everyone wants to haul a baby into the wilderness.

Oh, by the way you are right. As long as a bunch of people say "its never going to happen" it probably will not. Things only get accomplished by people who say "I can and I will!"
Sponsored