Sponsored

First SUV will be a Bronco. What should I know?

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I live in Brooklyn and have grown tired of the potholes and just terrible conditions of the roads beating up our tiny GTI (still plan to keep for track days) hence the welcoming of this new Bronco.
I don’t know about Bronco but i have a 2015 Wrangler, there is nothing worse than a Wrangler for potholes. They wont break the mechanic but you feel them all!!! Worse than in our Countryman.
Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As folks have said, the Bronco will not be the same as a performance sedan, but I expect it will be excellent at what it is designed for.

I'm swapping out from a little Subaru Crosstrek. Before that, I had a 4Runner. The 4Runner drove like a cow compared to my little Subie, but I loved that wallowing beast. I expect the Bronco will be somewhere between the two w.r.t. ride quality - which is, IMO, FAR better than a Wrangler. I doubt it'll take you long to adjust, given your varied experience.

Side note on the "thot" discussion. Our youngest daughter would snicker and point out that in teenspeak, "thot" stands for "That Hoe Over There." I've almost decided that no one should be allowed to have a smart phone until their mid-20s..... LOL (jk, well, mostly)

I hate the roads in NJ and NY. The Bronco should help a lot with all that crap.

God bless you for riding a bike in that area. It feels more crowded around here than I really like for my bike, but I've enjoyed the fact there's been much less of a traffic jam these days since a lot folks are working from home. Taking the bike out is a joy, especially when I can find some backroads. Here's my girl, a BWM k 1600 b.

Ford Bronco First SUV will be a Bronco. What should I know? Angel at Kenan

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am a strong proponent of people buying whatever the hell they damn please and the market satisfying that desire.

With that said, many of the more dedicated off road vehicles, especially once you start getting into open top wheeling, tall suspensions, and comically big mud terrain tires can be a huge turn off to car owners buying something like this for the first time and things like bad handling, bad braking, road noise, spartan interiors, etc are perceived as "flaws" that the manufacturer then must address.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd say go test drivee a Wrangler to see if this whole idea will be acceptable to you.
Sponsored