Sponsored

First SUV will be a Bronco. What should I know?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YES! The GTI can do things the Bronco can't and it certainly goes the other way as well. You've got a lovely pair right there. Swapping the jeep for a bronco?
That’s the plan! She’s a great ride with a lot of work into her, but Im very excited the Bronco...

...I’ll give you a good deal on her. ;)
Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a hard time calling the Bronco an SUV. I would just classify it as an offroad toy. To me SUVs can do things like tow.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes plans to get it dirty!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So based on your info and pics of the GTI, I will guess that it handles like it is on rails and really takes off when you give it the beans.
The Bronco will be a totally different and awesome experience. It will be louder, it will have body roll, it will corner like your grandmas sofa with the plastic on it, and it will almost double the stopping distance.
The Bronco will be glorious when cruising sedately with the top open on the way to your outdoor activities. You’ll see the guy in front of you bottom out on the pothole and your suspension will absorb the impact, you are going to love it. Then when you get out to greener or snowy areas the Bronco will come alive begging for you to give it the spurs as it handles whatever you throw at it.
Just take your time adjusting to the size, stopping distance, and handling differences and you will have the biggest grin going slow in the Bronco.

OP
OP
BecauseMotor

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To me a 4wd mid size SUV is the most useful vehicle made.
Is the Bronco considered mid-sized?

I have a hard time calling the Bronco an SUV. I would just classify it as an offroad toy. To me SUVs can do things like tow.
I was disappointed to know I'll only be towing the motorcycles to the track, not the GTI. Kind of a bummer I try to not think about.

Makes plans to get it dirty!
Has built in Trail Maps, yea?!?!

So based on your info and pics of the GTI, I will guess that it handles like it is on rails and really takes off when you give it the beans.
The Bronco will be a totally different and awesome experience. It will be louder, it will have body roll, it will corner like your grandmas sofa with the plastic on it, and it will almost double the stopping distance.
The Bronco will be glorious when cruising sedately with the top open on the way to your outdoor activities. You’ll see the guy in front of you bottom out on the pothole and your suspension will absorb the impact, you are going to love it. Then when you get out to greener or snowy areas the Bronco will come alive begging for you to give it the spurs as it handles whatever you throw at it.
Just take your time adjusting to the size, stopping distance, and handling differences and you will have the biggest grin going slow in the Bronco.
I love this! Everything you wrote makes me think about my Ducati vs. my Triumph. I have a shit ton more fun giving my slow-ass Triumph full-throttle than I do blasting on the Ducati. Can't wait for that feeling in a vehicle.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this! Everything you wrote makes me think about my Ducati vs. my Triumph. I have a shit ton more fun giving my slow-ass Triumph full-throttle than I do blasting on the Ducati. Can't wait for that feeling in a vehicle.
You and I have a lot in common.... the Mrs. and I race motorcycles, but some of the most fun we have is bombing around on a 1975 CB200.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you will be able to adapt quite quickly. Plus, you will enjoy sitting up higher. You can see more of what's going on around you much easier. The major differences will be the ride, and the motions of a more top heavy vehicle. But, neither of those will be hard to get used too.

The biggest difference I saw with my Jeep was the aforementioned side to side movement. But, I don't even notice it anymore. And with IFS on the Bronco it may not be as bad as a Jeep with two solid axles.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad to hear you're planning on keeping the GTI.

Here's two of my rides, because one can not replace the other...

IMG_9096.JPG
Beautiful wagon!!!!! Rare too!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BecauseMotor

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You and I have a lot in common.... the Mrs. and I race motorcycles, but some of the most fun we have is bombing around on a 1975 CB200.
Funny how that works, huh? Where do y'all race at? Maybe we've crossed paths unknowingly. I'm usually at New York Safety Track (NYST) or New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP).

Wait, what's this thread about? :LOL::unsure:
Whatever you want it to be about. Thots?

I think you will be able to adapt quite quickly. Plus, you will enjoy sitting up higher. You can see more of what's going on around you much easier. The major differences will be the ride, and the motions of a more top heavy vehicle. But, neither of those will be hard to get used too. The biggest difference I saw with my Jeep was the aforementioned side to side movement. But, I don't even notice it anymore. And with IFS on the Bronco it may not be as bad as a Jeep with two solid axles.
The body roll is what I will be most concerned with I feel. From cornering to the play in suspension (diving/lifting) while braking/accelerating.

Previous owner was some French guy... in France... an importer in FL brought it in and I did a fly and drive back to home to New England.
That's amazing! Always wanted a wagon (even more so an e30) but the wife was never fond of them. Little does she realize, the GTI is just a short wagon but don't tell her that lol.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny how that works, huh? Where do y'all race at? Maybe we've crossed paths unknowingly. I'm usually at New York Safety Track (NYST) or New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP).

That's amazing! Always wanted a wagon (even more so an e30) but the wife was never fond of them. Little does she realize, the GTI is just a short wagon but don't tell her that lol.
We race vintage (USCRA) at Loudon NHMS and Canaan NH primarily. The group has done some track days at NYST and an exhibition "race" at NJMP during some other events, but we've never raced there.

And if you think about it, the Bronco is really just a tall wagon... I like my vehicles with long roofs too, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all. I've loved cars ever since I was a kid and have modified just about every one I've owned (sunfires, cobalts, gtis) and I also have owned and still own a couple of motorcycles. But I've never owned or really driven a SUV/Truck for longer than a few days my whole life. My wife and I live in Brooklyn and have grown tired of the potholes and just terrible conditions of the roads beating up our tiny GTI (still plan to keep for track days) hence the welcoming of this new Bronco. We love hiking, camping, and just generally being outdoors exploring nature when not at a motorcycle/car track event.

So my question is, what should I know about owning a vehicle like the new Bronco?
What about this ride?
Its only available over seas.
Ford Bronco First SUV will be a Bronco. What should I know? Ford Everest.JPG
Ford Bronco First SUV will be a Bronco. What should I know? Ford Everest 2.JPG
Ford Bronco First SUV will be a Bronco. What should I know? Ford Everest 2.JPG

smseagren

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Whatever you want it to be about. Thots?

The body roll is what I will be most concerned with I feel. From cornering to the play in suspension (diving/lifting) while braking/accelerating.

Thots or Tots? I do like me some Tots. Those are my thots on tots.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest piece of advice is to watch videos of how 4wd works. If you have never owned a 4wd, it is important that you know what to do/not do. Even if you plan to buy one with the advanced 4wd system that you can leave in auto, you should a good idea of the differences & when to engage/disengage 4 high, 4 low, 2 high.

Keep this in mind whenever anyone else drives. They should be aware of what not to do. Another difference is the cost of maintenance. The heavier weight and larger components wear faster and are more expensive.

So if you take it to a mechanic, everything will cost more. Oil changes, tire rotations, and suspension stuff. If you do your own own work, you will probably need bigger sizes of the metric tools have,
Sponsored