Sponsored

FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them

Status
Not open for further replies.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn y’all… Attacking financial decisions is one thing (maybe they saved up for the down payment and still owe monthly) but OP purchased the bronco will all these mods already done. OP is justified thinking it would be warranted by the dealer, and also justified being annoyed about a long repair wait. OP said the part is not available - doesn’t sound like there’s much they can do.

OP - maybe you could have it towed to a mechanic you trust and see if you get the same diagnosis + parts wait? Sorry, that really sucks.

PS yeah paying a $30k markup will not make you popular here… The dealers who did it are slimy (as you’re learning) and many times those units were sold out from under reservation holders when the dealer jacked up the price at the 11th hour.

Sponsored

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many dealers have a big advantage over buyers who have been waiting and waiting to buy a Bronco. If a new Bronco is on the lot, it will probably have an upcharge of at least $5K. Most used Broncos are selling for more than new ones. Regardless of the decision to spend $30K over sticker, it's unfortunate that the OP is in this predicament. I'm about to drive my Bronco from Venice FL to Cape Cod. After hearing about all of these breakdowns, I'm having second thoughts.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn y’all… Attacking financial decisions is one thing (maybe they saved up for the down payment and still owe monthly) but OP purchased the bronco will all these mods already done. OP is justified thinking it would be warranted by the dealer, and also justified being annoyed about a long repair wait. OP said the part is not available - doesn’t sound like there’s much they can do.

OP - maybe you could have it towed to a mechanic you trust and see if you get the same diagnosis + parts wait? Sorry, that really sucks.

PS yeah paying a $30k markup will not make you popular here… The dealers who did it are slimy (as you’re learning) and many times those units were sold out from under reservation holders when the dealer jacked up the price at the 11th hour.

Dudes getting roasted for saying Ford built a lemon and it's Fords fault. The junction box burned up most likely because of the mods that were wired to it by someone other than Ford. This ain't Fords fault or problem, although I'm sure they'll be happy to sell him replacement parts, when they have them.

Bad mouth the dealer all you want, but how is it Ford's fault?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen this before. They go with the "It was at SEMA" angle and say 30k worth of mods !!! If you are going to get a Bronco that has been pre-modded for whatever reason, you need to have it looked at, head to toe. Heck say you want to drive it and take it to ANOTHER dealer and find outs what's going on.

Buddy of Mine did that, and end up getting a nicely modded Bronco cheap. Then took it to his shop and fixed the minor issues, since he is now a retired Ford mechanic!

Nice mods on this, I see ADV fiber Hood and Fender flares, lift, hidden winch, and light bars. As many have said here, Ford has a place where accessories get connected. If that was not done correctly well that's your issue here.

Not all people who mod know how to mod correctly, especially on a platform they are not familiar with. Saleen is Mustang modder, and F150. I am sure this may be their first endeavor into Bronco's

Last edited:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I think you should be more pissed off at yourself than anyone else. I mean DAMN, DAMN and DAMN, 30K over MSRP. My lord, the dealer is living large after that deal. New Bronco, never done any mods was surely a misprint. Good luck on any sort of buy back after you paid 30K over MSRP.

I just love how users never post jack shit. But when they do, look out, life has come to an end and everyone involved is at fault but themselves. I need one of those genie lamps so I can rub it and make a wish.

Ford Bronco FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them tenor (3)

Last edited:

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What if the power supply stud and cable were loose like others reported on here? Over time that resistance can contribute to letting the smoke out of all the wires. Does the OP have some carnage photos we can look at while I eat my popcorn?

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes a troll.... Who spent $80k on a bronco brand new with full warranty
Corrected:
I spent 43k for new Bronco and paid 37k to dealer to allow me to buy the new Bronco!

braften

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco. goodbye accord, you served well
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there's a lot modified on that big bend-if it is one since it has the grill from a badlands, as well as the lux package, which i believe isn't available on the big bend.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.