First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Two Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m over 6’2” and I’ve slept back there already several times. Just slide the front seat forward. It’s really not that cramped.
DeepSleep proved recently that was correct. 😉
Sponsored

droosif

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’m doing this because I got a steal on a drawer from FB market place for $200. I’m running into an issue though. I….
  1. removed seats
  2. Put bolts back in for the front seat mounts
  3. Screwed nut on rear seat mounts
  4. Placed threaded spacers on tie down threaded holes. Second one in from tailgate
  5. mounted box and then put drawer in
After I did all this and tried sliding the drawer all the way in I ran into the rear seat bolts with the nut threaded on. I’m hitting them closest to the slide but also I would hit all of them if I removed the nuts anyways.

was wondering if anyone ran into this issue?

droosif

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’m doing this because I got a steal on a drawer from FB market place for $200. I’m running into an issue though. I….
  1. removed seats
  2. Put bolts back in for the front seat mounts
  3. Screwed nut on rear seat mounts
  4. Placed threaded spacers on tie down threaded holes. Second one in from tailgate
  5. mounted box and then put drawer in
After I did all this and tried sliding the drawer all the way in I ran into the rear seat bolts with the nut threaded on. I’m hitting them closest to the slide but also I would hit all of them if I removed the nuts anyways.

was wondering if anyone ran into this issue?
Figured it out. After removing the drawer to install I did not push hard enough when putting it back in. Really needs a good push.

Also another tidbit, the top bolt holes for the tie downs are loose rounded nuts underneath. Instead of using them I lightly threaded a bolt and smacked them through to break off that crappy nut. Then went to Lowe’s and bought m8x1.25 lock nuts and used those to mount the tie downs

droosif

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a good way to fill the space with more storage from the back of the drawer to the seat backs?

Fidget248

Badlands
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Badlands 2dr to arrive in Febru!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @BroncoUnicorn did you ever come up with a good option for permanent bolt down for drawer at the front near the seats? Taking on this project w my 2Dr this summer & your mod posts are so helpful.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has Ford come out with this security drawer for the 2 door yet, where the rear seats remain? Thank you.

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey @BroncoUnicorn did you ever come up with a good option for permanent bolt down for drawer at the front near the seats? Taking on this project w my 2Dr this summer & your mod posts are so helpful.
I did not. In fact, I ended up removing the drawer system entirely (so heavy!) amd building my own box system out of aluminum rail and right angle connectors (so light!).

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5500

There is a left and right box, and then the two are joined in the middle by short cross members, and the 1/2 plywood with carpet is bolted down through.

The frontside is hinged for easy access if needed. It permanently holds some maxtrax, a chainsaw, a table and a chair, and a bag with rescue gear.

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5501

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5502

As for other upgrades, I added:

1. Front and rear steel bumpers.
2. Tube side steps / rock rails.
3. Rear tire railgate support.
4. Winch and driving lights.

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5503

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5506

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5505

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_5504

Fidget248

Badlands
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Badlands 2dr to arrive in Febru!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I finally finished my project! 2dr rear seat removal, 4Dr security box & new platform bolted down to security box. Happy with results. Added hinge at front of platform so can access more space behind the seats.
Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_8684

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I finally finished my project! 2dr rear seat removal, 4Dr security box & new platform bolted down to security box. Happy with results. Added hinge at front of platform so can access more space behind the seats.
Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete IMG_8684
Looks great! If only the security drawer were really that big :ROFLMAO:

The fit and finish with the platform is well done!
Sponsored