First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This could be the move for two doors who want lockable storage and flat, sleepable space. Any report on sturdiness of the topside @BroncoUnicorn ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This could be the move for two doors who want lockable storage and flat, sleepable space. Any report on sturdiness of the topside @BroncoUnicorn ?
The top is pretty sturdy with the 3/4 ply. It does a good job of distributing any point pressure loads. It would probably be fine for sleeping on, from a load perspective.

I personally wouldn't do it because there just isn't enough room in the 2dr to stretch out in any direction, but for a kid passenger who didn't want to sleep/camp out in the open, it might be perfect.

There is also just enough extra space on the left and right sides of the security drawers to run some vertical 2x4s for extra load support. You might also want to build a little extra support under the front edge of the 3/4 ply where it overhangs the security drawer.

Hope that helps.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
did you ever figure out how to make the rear seatbelt delete not cause issues with the computer? I am pulling the back seat out of my 2 door today

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

did you ever figure out how to make the rear seatbelt delete not cause issues with the computer? I am pulling the back seat out of my 2 door today
I have not. Perhaps Forscan but I haven't tried that yet. No windows laptop.

The ford dealer refused to disable the warning light, stating it was a safety issue.

There is probably a way to create a custom wiring harness "loopback" plug, but that is beyond my skill set. For now, I just ignore the light.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the 3/4” plywood on top, think the weight limit would be an issue for a grown man to sleep on top?
Only if that grown man is a midget. I could only stretch out in my FSB by putting my feet between the front seats.

I like the way the 4 door drawer install came out. I may remove the rear seat from mine as nobody could sit behind me anyway. I sat in a 4 door a couple weeks ago and the drivers seat will need to be moved back a couple more inches to get my right knee out of the dashboard, so the drivers seat will be close to touching the rear seat when I get done.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally wouldn't do it because there just isn't enough room in the 2dr to stretch out in any direction, but for a kid passenger who didn't want to sleep/camp out in the open, it might be perfect.
Only if that grown man is a midget. I could only stretch out in my FSB by putting my feet between the front seats.
I’m over 6’2” and I’ve slept back there already several times. Just slide the front seat forward. It’s really not that cramped.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Forscan Lite app can do it.

Or this:

Yes remove those flat head plastic plugs...just the two at the front (one is on the side in front) and you can then pull the cover back enough to get the torx bolt out. I used a pair of diagonals but squeezed just enough to grab the plastic shaft without cutting through it.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ended up taking the seatbelts off of the seats and plugging them back in they tuck underneath the carpet nicely you can’t even tell they’re under there and no more airbag and seatbelt light

66E0FD7D-B1B2-45D6-868A-BAA4737B91F4.jpeg

E10B5AE2-D332-4B8A-9099-5C38D7FF719B.jpeg

AED6216F-B5E2-46A6-BB69-BD6A237E85B2.jpeg

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up taking the seatbelts off of the seats and plugging them back in they tuck underneath the carpet nicely you can’t even tell they’re under there and no more airbag and seatbelt light

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete AED6216F-B5E2-46A6-BB69-BD6A237E85B2

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete AED6216F-B5E2-46A6-BB69-BD6A237E85B2

Oh wow..

Sponsored

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your build. If you get a chance would appreciate if you could measure how much heigh is left after the install of the box. Hopefully enough height for the boxes I'm needing to haul around.

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love your build. If you get a chance would appreciate if you could measure how much heigh is left after the install of the box. Hopefully enough height for the boxes I'm needing to haul around.
25" to the underside of the frame/rollbar. 32" to the underside of the roof.

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the winter I need wood pellets for heat, do you think with the plywood you could get 300-350 pounds on it?

PartsForBlue

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Two Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The official Ford Accessory metal drawers for the 4dr fit just fine here. The front side bolts go right into the same factory tie down positions.
An important piece of information is left out here.

The lockable drawer in a two door will only fasten to the floor at the two points closest to the tailgate. In other words, the end of the lockable drawer closest to the front seats, will not be secure. If you pull the drawer out with only those two points fastened, the lockable drawer will lift at the end closest to the front seats. It will also decapitate you in a wreck.

For the meantime, I’m using a ratchet strap installed under the plates at the other two mounting points of the two door Bronco, and tightening that end down until I come up with a bracket for the floor.

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete 458BD219-6633-4BC8-A421-5D606D217264
Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete EBDE208E-7140-4B3F-A61E-751130A3EA45

I am using 3/4” oak plywood on top and installing a piano hinge to flip the end by the front seats, for hidden storage.

Ford Bronco Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete A92B36BE-DB37-4007-AA46-43DC832DBDCE
Sponsored