Sponsored

Ford Cargo Storage Drawer -- how to remove sliding drawer?

Maggieandmike

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have looked everywhere I can think of to find out how to remove the sliding drawer. I installed the storage drawer to the floor in the cargo area of my four door. If I need to access my tire changing tools I would need to remove the sliding drawer but for some reason(I’m an idiot) I can’t figure out how to release the drawer slides. Any help would be much appreciated. As previously mentioned I’m an idiot so use small words and speak slowly.

image.jpg
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look at the side slides. There are curved pieces of plastic (kinda hook looking). I think they move in opposite site directions like one slides up and other slides down and then you can pull the drawer out. You have to move them before the drawer is fully opened. You will feel the levers try to move back to locked if you did not get the drawer released. Just slide the drawer a little back closed and move/hold the levers and try to open again. They will stay in the up or down position and you will be able to remove the drawer. It is a PITA…but just takes patience and practice.

7774FBFD-2D1A-4410-B037-0EF941D58E7F.jpeg

FA1A3648-B80D-4411-B98B-DEA034A55CF1.jpeg

OP
OP
Maggieandmike

Maggieandmike

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look at the side slides. There are curved pieces of plastic (kinda hook looking). I think they move in opposite site directions like one slides up and other slides down and then you can pull the drawer out. You have to move them before the drawer is fully opened. You will feel the levers try to move back to locked if you did not get the drawer released. Just slide the drawer a little back closed and move/hold the levers and try to open again. They will stay in the up or down position and you will be able to remove the drawer. It is a PITA…but just takes patience and practice.

Ford Bronco Ford Cargo Storage Drawer --  how to remove sliding drawer? FA1A3648-B80D-4411-B98B-DEA034A55CF1

Ford Bronco Ford Cargo Storage Drawer --  how to remove sliding drawer? FA1A3648-B80D-4411-B98B-DEA034A55CF1
Thank you for the help. I was able to remove the drawer with a limited amount of grunting and profanity. Patience is not something I was blessed with but I still managed to accomomplish the task at hand. Let’s hope I never need to do that on the side of the road.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the help. I was able to remove the drawer with a limited amount of grunting and profanity. Patience is not something I was blessed with but I still managed to accomomplish the task at hand. Let’s hope I never need to do that on the side of the road.
Agreed!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes it bites when you have it loaded with gear like I do to remove. Thankfully someone in the group had a bottle Jack when I cut a tire down off road. Saved me from having to remove mine. Still a must have for me. I keep a lot of gear in there and like to have the top down as much as possible.
Sponsored